Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see this case here. It's one that has stood out to me. I'd really like to see this girl/young woman find her name.

I hope she will be identified soon. It's so sad that no one came forward in nearly 30 years to claim her.
I have a feeling that she was never reported missing. :(

With the Pollen info saying South Florida, and the dental saying a non-US Dentist, is it possible this girl came here from Cuba?

Bumping case up.

On November 9, this case will be 30 years old. Cali Doe still remains unidentified after all these years. :(

No new information, but anyway:

1979 murder victim still unidentified 30 years later

The Livingston County Sheriff’s Department is asking for help identifying a young murder victim from 1979.

On November 10, 1979 a farmer and his son were checking their fields off Route 20 in Caledonia when they discovered the body of the unidentified young girl. She had been shot and left to die.

Thousands of leads have been developed over the past 30 years, but none has resulted in learning the identity of her killer(s).

The medical examiners believe the girl to have been between 13 and 19 years old. She had dark hair with blonde highlights and brown eyes. She was wearing a red windbreaker jacket, tan corduroy pants and a red plaid shirt. She was approximately 5'3" and 120 pounds. Analysis of her clothing and her sun-tanned skin lead investigators to believe she may be from the south-west region of the country.

If you have any information regarding this investigation, you are asked to contact the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office at 585-243-7100.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1241199.shtml?cat=566

Poor Cali. I wish we could find a home and some justice for her.

agreed, carbuff...so very sad & like so many others :(

I'd like to know exactly how Simone Stephanie Ridinger was ruled out as Caledonia Jane Doe. Does anyone know? Dentals, DNA??? And what agency did the testing?

She has a NamUs file now, but they have her listed as male. She was entered into NamUs today (the21st) so if they don't have it fixed shortly, I will contact the NamUs manager to get HER entered correctly.

It would be pretty hard to match her up with someone when she's listed as male.

I don't know why, but sometimes you have to click on the link twice.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6583

I don't know if this has been brought up at all, but it's something that has been bugging me for a few months. Could this girl be tied to Rodney Alcala at all?

I was looking at the timeline in Alcala's thread on the forums and I'm wondering if he may have been in the NY area in 1979. I've always had a strong feeling this girl came from California or Arizona for some reason. If Alcala was in NY during the time she was found it could be something to look at.

Alcala was arrested on July 24, 1979.

Caledonia Jane Doe was murdered in November, 1979.

Also, this murder was not consistent with Alcala's M.O. Alcala sexually assaulted his victims and strangled them. CJD was not sexually assaulted, and the killer used a gun to kill her.

Heads up for anyone working this case. I am not but received a call that it has been taken off NamUS (not accessable). Let's hope this means they are close to a resolution?
Case #6583

ETA there is a postmortem side view on another thread here. The nose does not look as pointed and upturned as the drawing.

Heads up for anyone working this case. I am not but received a call that it has been taken off NamUS (not accessable). Let's hope this means they are close to a resolution?
Case #6583

ETA there is a postmortem side view on another thread here. The nose does not look as pointed and upturned as the drawing.

I hope that they finally give this girl her identity, she belongs to someones family.

I did notice that she is still listed on The Doe Network, but when you click on her Namus page it says that (The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY)

Hopefully they have some idea who she is...it's been way too long!

Case #6583

This is truly an interesting development! I'm sure I will be refreshing this thread the rest of the day, fingers and toes crossed that this means Cali has her name back. I have thought about her so many times since I first learned of her case, especially every November 9th. I've even dreamed of her.

I'm sorry that I have nothing of value to add, but I wanted to thank you for letting us know about this, and to thank all of those who have been and are still working this case.

I just spoke with the detective in charge of the Caledonia Jane Doe case. He was surprised to learn that her case was offline, and he thanked me for letting him know.

There have been no developments with regard to this case. She remains unidentified, and there is nothing imminent.

He indicated that they have been uploading additional images to the site, and he asked me if in my experience, whether NamUs was a useful tool for what we do. I responded that NamUs and DoeNetwork are our primary tools for research, and any information that they are willing to make public would be most effectively done so through NamUs. He asked if there was anything additional that he could do to assist us in our research. I responded that if dental charts are available, that would be very helpful (with the case offline, I was unable to verify whether they had already done so).

He asked whether, from what I've been seeing, the other agencies were making use of NamUs. I told him that there are still quite a few agencies that aren't using it, but I've been seeing quite a few new entries, primarily from Seattle and New York.

BTW, here is my own version of Caledonia Jane Doe that I did some time ago. The other facial reconstructions are pretty close IMO, but it might be helpful to provide another artist's interpretation.

a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Several truckers called in with information about a young girl who was traveling and catching rides where she could. One trucker swore he saw the girl the night before she was murdered trying to hitch a ride to Boston from a nearby truck stop.

Pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were determined to have come from only four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.

http://www.doenetwork.org/

I did not see that this girl has been ruled out (according to NAMUS):

Theresa Armada Alfonso
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

She went missing from Marathon, FL (extreme south FL) in 1974. If she was a runaway, she may have been hitchhiking for five years. Facial features are similar. She was 13 when she went missing, would have been 18 if this were here (in age range).

Wow, Julessleuther, good find!

The nose seems a bit different, but the faces are at slightly different angles so that might account for it. Too close not to submit considering how well location, age, coloring, and size match up.

Attachments

• Teresa Alfonso.jpg
    Teresa Alfonso.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 37
  • a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745[1].jpg
    a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745[1].jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online