Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you totally. I was told that by a Mod, that's all. I am just repeating what was told to me after my post was removed. It was frustrating at the time. :banghead: Maybe a Mod can clarify...

Just guessing. But the issue may be related to "allegations" about someone who is not known to be missing as this could introduce potential liability? However in terms of solving some of these issues we need to keep a wider view. I would think that anyone reported anywhere could be discussed here. Moderator. Please clarify.

I think she has the right face shape.....and it lists her hair as brown but it sure looks blondish to me.....she is the right age, and has not been ruled out. Thoughts anyone?

Andria Ann Bailey
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3337dfwa.html

I know this one was slightly further away, but distance can be traveled. She is in the age range, has the pug nose, and has not been ruled out.

Kimberly Alice King
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96dfmi.html

This one has the roundish face shape also. Given that she had vanished a few months before Jane Doe was found, she could have frosted her hair. She is the right age and has not been ruled out.

Evelyn Davis
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183dfoh.html

I am looking only at face shapes and approx. size, and age. I also stayed with brown hair, I did not stay by eye color as I have seen it listed incorrectly to many times. I stayed in the teens because she looks young to me.......like a child.......who needs to go home.

Davis certainly looks similar and generally "fits". Would the pregnancy rule her out or the scar on the lower lip? If the pregnancy ended @4 months in May would it have been evident on autopsy in Nov? Maybe Davis wasn't really pregnant? That was certainly a reason for "going away" at that time.

Davis certainly looks similar and generally "fits". Would the pregnancy rule her out or the scar on the lower lip? If the pregnancy ended @4 months in May would it have been evident on autopsy in Nov? Maybe Davis wasn't really pregnant? That was certainly a reason for "going away" at that time.

Looks like they found her clothes . . .no mention of a pregnancy.

ELHistSoc -Louise Davis Missing Girl Killed?
www.eastliverpoolhistoricalsociety.org/L...
Evelyn Louise Davis, 17, was sunbathing in her backyard June 21 when someone she knew asked her ...

Looks like they found her clothes . . .no mention of a pregnancy.

ELHistSoc -Louise Davis Missing Girl Killed?
www.eastliverpoolhistoricalsociety.org/L...
Evelyn Louise Davis, 17, was sunbathing in her backyard June 21 when someone she knew asked her ...

I read about this man (Robert Wooten) he did confess to the three murders of the Taylor family. He then went on to say, Evelyn Davis was not one of his victims. He said he helped her meet a man named Frank Grimm ( Who was never located) Evelyn got into his truck and left with him.

I know killers often lie about their victims, but IMO finding only her clothing does not classify as her being a definite victim of his. While I do believe it is likely he killed her........there is nothing specific to say he did. If she did run away she may have changed clothes at her friends (Taylors) before leaving. I see no mention of blood or any fluids on the clothing recovered.
50/50 kind of situation I think. Killers will take credit for victims not theirs, and deny ones that are.

I am not sure of the pregnancy.......I know they can tell if you have ever given birth, but I am not sure if they can tell if you have had a early on miscarriage......anybody know?

She ate at a diner in Lima NY the previous day.

Lima NY to Caledonia, NY

NY-5 W/US-20 W and NY-5 W

15.1 mi, 23 mins

Ah yes, the isotope testing on her teeth. So then she must have been raised in the SW USA. I can't shake the idea that she has French-Canadian blood. Again, I'm not claiming to be psychic or anything, just sharing my hunches.

Her profile says she hadn't been sexually assaulted, but has any info been released regarding her sexual activity? Surely forensics can tell if she'd been sexually active.

Didn't know her necklace could be found all over the country, including the east coast. If she bought the key chain, surely she could have purchased the necklace, too. Was her style of keychain worn by girls in 1979?

She was left in the rain for 11 hours, so her clothes weren't in the greatest condition when she was found. But, in looking at pictures, they don't appear to be in terrible condition, so I'm thinking she either carried clothes with her or had money to buy new clothes she needed them. She also chose to dress in style. Can anyone clarify the condition of her clothes?

Her newer pic shows acne, specifically to my eyes, cystic acne. She obviously wasn't receiving dermatological care, and maybe she was or wasn't using OTC acne products. OTC acne products do not help cystic acne, so even if she was, they wouldn't have done much. A combination of stress, female hormones, and possible lack of access to facial soap and water could have triggered acne, cystic or not.

Has any info been released on her hygiene beyond her tooth decay? Did she shave her underarms and legs? Remove any facial hairs? Her eyebrows look tweezed, so she had access to a tweezer at some point. She also cared enough to frost her hair approx 4 months before her death. Was she brushing her teeth?

Yes, the keychain was fairly common then too. There were actually several styles. I had a nut and bolt set. They are kind of like the Mizpahs. ( 2 halfs of a heart that says, lord watch over thee and I while we are absent one from the other, the halves fit together) Her clothing could have came from a thrift shop, or even been given to her by a church. Usually donated items are in good condition.

If she had been raised or living in the sw, as the test on her teeth revealed, then most likely she was hitch hiking from area to area. That was common back then. I wish they had listed rather or not she was sexually active. I also wish they had listed more details about her general hygiene.( Shaved arm pits, legs, etc) All to often when children are out there on their own, they do not follow the normal routine, so it may not have helped much.

Agree. She could have run away or maybe he "kept" her and disposed of Taylor only to change his mind a few months later. It would explain the killing. Did he shoot Taylor?

Agree. She could have run away or maybe he "kept" her and disposed of Taylor only to change his mind a few months later. It would explain the killing. Did he shoot Taylor?

The article says he bludgeoned Taylor and her two children to death. He did it two days after police interviewed Taylor over Davis. Taylor at first denied knowing Evelyn davis, then later admitted they were friends.

Here is an article about the murder
http://www.eastliverpoolhistoricalsociety.org/anotriomur.htm

Something I do find very interesting......Taylors maiden name was Davis.......I wonder if she and Evelyn were related? Also. Wooten was apparently her brother in law..........married to Debbie Taylor's sister. (Darla)

Below is a comparison of Davis and Cali -- Mostly from NamUs some from the Doe Network. I am not sure that the scars match up enough to say match.

I also notice that Cali has type A blood, which might help

CALI

Date found November 10, 1979 10:00
Minimum age 13 years
Maximum age 19 years
Race White
Weight (pounds) 120, Measured
Height (inches) 63, Measured
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
-1/2" scar on forehead at the hairline
-1" scar on front left shoulder
-1/2" scar on outer left ankle
-tiny scar on left knee, right knee, top of right foot, right ankle, inner right thigh
-skin defect that is 3"x1" that resembles an old burn scar on inner right thigh
-Z shaped scar on right shin
-1/2" scar on left forearm
-3 small scars on left index finger
-small mole about 1.5" below outer corner of left eye
Both ears pierced once
Blood Type A Neg
Dentals: Available. She has some serious decay and tooth #14 was decayed to the extent that only three roots of the tooth were left. She had not had any dental care.
Fingerprints: Available. Her fingerprints were sent to FBI headquarters, but her prints weren't on file.

DAVIS

Date last seen June 21, 1979 02:00
Age last seen 17 to 17 years old
Race White
Height (inches) 62.0
Weight (pounds) 110.0

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair - shoulder length, curly; brown eyes.
Height and Weight: 5'2"; 110 lbs
Scars: Scar on lower lip, birthmark on right wrist.
Medical: She was 4 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Dental information / charting is available and entered

Attachments

• cali2.jpg
    cali2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
  • LDavis.jpg
    LDavis.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1UFNY.jpg
    1UFNY.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1UFNY1.jpg
    1UFNY1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1UFNY3 - side.jpg
    1UFNY3 - side.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 37572View attachment 37573
The new Cali photo and Paulette Susan Jaster
Missing since May 5, 1979 from Davison, Genesee County, Michigan. 12 hour trip. Facial features in photo are similar and she was known to love unusual jewellry, animals and anything "natural. Maybe in regards to her jewellery our Cali was wearing, and the clothing. Paulette was last seen wearing blue jeans and was carrying an army-style duffel bag. She also wore a ring with a turquoise stone and a silver ring with a stone of unknown colour. She may have been travelling to Florida.
Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 9, 1954
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Slender to medium build.
•Dentals: Available
•Marks, Scars: Scar on crown of head, gray mark from pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone, below eye.

This artical suggest that Jaster was in FL in 1978/9 and at least someone used Jaster's SS number in 1980

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/104-missing-woman-paulette-jaster-mi-05051979/

Below is a comparison of Davis and Cali -- Mostly from NamUs some from the Doe Network. I am not sure that the scars match up enough to say match.

I also notice that Cali has type A blood, which might help

CALI

Date found November 10, 1979 10:00
Minimum age 13 years
Maximum age 19 years
Race White
Weight (pounds) 120, Measured
Height (inches) 63, Measured
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
-1/2" scar on forehead at the hairline
-1" scar on front left shoulder
-1/2" scar on outer left ankle
-tiny scar on left knee, right knee, top of right foot, right ankle, inner right thigh
-skin defect that is 3"x1" that resembles an old burn scar on inner right thigh
-Z shaped scar on right shin
-1/2" scar on left forearm
-3 small scars on left index finger
-small mole about 1.5" below outer corner of left eye
Both ears pierced once
Blood Type A Neg
Dentals: Available. She has some serious decay and tooth #14 was decayed to the extent that only three roots of the tooth were left. She had not had any dental care.
Fingerprints: Available. Her fingerprints were sent to FBI headquarters, but her prints weren't on file.

Snipped by me...A- is not a very common blood type. Interesting.

Hmmm.... so Cali definitely enjoyed keeping up with the times and trends of 1979. What condition was the key chain and necklace? The keychain looks like she acquired it right before her death. How about the necklace? Being on the streets and hitchhiking could result in the jewelry getting battered and damaged.

Good point about getting the clothes from a church or thrift shop- I could see a church giving a young girl in need the nicest clothes they had. It's also possible that if she was hitching, she stole the clothes OR conned someone into buying them for her.

Did autopsies include drug screens in 1979?

Yes, the keychain was fairly common then too. There were actually several styles. I had a nut and bolt set. They are kind of like the Mizpahs. ( 2 halfs of a heart that says, lord watch over thee and I while we are absent one from the other, the halves fit together) Her clothing could have came from a thrift shop, or even been given to her by a church. Usually donated items are in good condition.

If she had been raised or living in the sw, as the test on her teeth revealed, then most likely she was hitch hiking from area to area. That was common back then. I wish they had listed rather or not she was sexually active. I also wish they had listed more details about her general hygiene.( Shaved arm pits, legs, etc) All to often when children are out there on their own, they do not follow the normal routine, so it may not have helped much.

SPECIES: Casuarina spp.

GENERAL DISTRIBUTION :
Sheoak was introduced to the United States near the turn of the century [14]. It is widely distributed in southern Florida and is also found in California, Arizona, and Hawaii [12,17].

ECOSYSTEMS :
FRES12 Longleaf - slash pine
FRES13 Loblolly - shortleaf pine
FRES16 Oak - gum - cypress
FRES30 Desert shrub
FRES41 Wet grasslands
FRES42 Annual grasslands

STATES :
AZ CA FL HI MEXICO

I have A negative blood type also... It is very rare

Yes, it is. I did not see blood type listed on Davis's namus profile. I am sure it was not on her NAMPN site either. I am not sure scars or lack of them can be used as a solid rule out, at least not the small ones. (ex- 3 small scars on one of her fingers) Some of them would not really be noticed other than by someone trained to list them to help identify her. Some of them could also have happened after she left home. After looking at her list of scars, (which I found extensive) I tried to list the scars on just my youngest son.....he just turned 18......and I could not do it. small little scars happen that kids just do not mention to their parents. They shrug it off as nothing and it goes not noticed.

I would imagine they ran drug screens on an obvious homicide victim in 1979, but I can not say for certain.

If nobody identified Jester from the 1980 sighting, then it is another 50/50 scenario.Either she was alive and working, or someone used her SS #. In those times that was much easier to do than it is today.

Yes, Cali seemed to be very trendy. Which given the condition of her teeth makes one wonder......the frosted hair was big then.....the turquoise jewelry and the keychain.....but yet no money to remove a tooth that was most likely very painful.

While many young girls were wearing guys flannel shirts or jackets then, just as they do now.....the girly/girls generally did not unless it was their bfs. The necklace, keychain and hair suggest a girly/girl to me.....JMHO.

Sorry, I have read through this thread so many times through the night, and most of today. Somehow I missed this. It is known for sure she ate at a diner in Lima the day before she was killed? Was she wearing the same clothing? Was anybody with her? I'll back up and start reading again, but at this point I think my eyes are so tired they will miss it.

I am guessing the pollen report is from her clothing? I am going with the theory that she could have picked pollen up from anybody she hitched a ride with. Only because that leaves a wider scope open. Does anybody know if the test run on her teeth showed the same area? Or is this the one on her teeth?

Where would she have gotten the money to eat at a diner from...........several possibles...........

Her teeth also somehow that she was in at least a warmer climate when the teeth were forming. See earlier post repeated relatively recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required