Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New exclusion (22): Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey WS post link LE are pretty positive Karen is local still. There has been a lot of talk that her body is at a sewage plant. Pretty sure they have 3 people of interest but no body

No clue why SHINN is listed 3X

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Eileen Hynson 1957 California
Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Sarah Tokier 1960 California
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Anna Waters 1967 California
Christina White 1967 Washington
April Zane 1960 Illinois
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

Family site with more photos.
I read the family site; according to what her dad said; it sounds like he knew someone came in & took her.

Her dad's story -

The best place for ancestry testing is 23andme. I've suggested it for a few cases.

The reason is that right now; it's the cheapest. I heard they got a grant that allows them to offer so much for $99. A lot of people do it for the health aspect; not sure they realize that they get thrown into an ancestry database too.

23 and me has a goal to have the largest database within the next few years. IIRC; they're shooting for a million.

23 and me features-

Reports on 240+ health conditions and traits
Testing for 40+ inherited conditions
Discover your ancestry composition
Updates on your DNA as science advances

Most Comprehensive DNA Ancestry Service in the World - Over 200,000 genotyped members - maternal; paternal; deep roots

Health - carrier status; disease risks; medication response more added regularly; you also get updates if you have any of the newer conditions
I wish this testing would be put in place for all unidentified's , could you imagine , Sharon Marshall , our Arkansas doe Kelly Carr, Lori Ruff these cases drive me nuts someone out there knows something, I suppose its really possible to fly under the radar, but it really gets me to think that there is not a soul who knows their true idenity, its just about one of the saddest form of existence I could imagine:(

I am not surprised at all by that. But still disappointed that two families cases are not yet solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had and occasion recently to visit the site where Caledonia Jane Doe was found. Attached are some photos, thoughts and observations.

1. The area abuts populated areas but is itself relatively isolated. No buildings are visible in either direction. And the site is approximately at the bend of a “dogs leg” in the road with clear views in both directions. This might suggest some preplanning.

2. The road does appear to be truck though fare, although having working class roots myself I would not assume that this was the work of a trucker.

3. There is a now abandoned restaurant @1/2 mile away (northern intersection) and an apparent areas for truck storage (the location of the sighting at a truck stop in Lima is @*advertiser censored* miles away). This could have been as base area for illicit activity as it relatively isolated.

4. There were railroad tracks (now a rail trail) within ½ mile south and eventually some farm complexes a bit further down but at least a mile away.
I came up from the south on route 39, which generally appears to be healthy economically with significant agriculture, livestock/horse activity, and an occasional factory. As you approach route 5 there is a community with older well maintained middle class Victorian houses. As you turn west on route 5 you cross a river and find the industrial / truck storage building and now abandoned restaurant. As you go south on 20 towards the site and beyond the site there is large scale agricultural farming and few if any structures. The residential area is within a mile or so of the site.

Several thoughts occurred to me.

1. As Caledonia Jane does not seem to match any known missing people, how could her existence be so far under the radar. Instead of being a wanderer, could Caledonia Jane have been part of a local/migrant farm working family/or potentially poorly functioning family group and hence not be reported / known to be missing, maybe not legal, and/or not attending school? Perhaps with and independent streak as she hitchhiked frequently – and others might just assume that she was travelling?
a. Based on the pollen evidence she may have traveled from southern CA (or a few other locations) but perhaps this pollen was from a clothing acquisition or perhaps her migrant family did travel or she did at some point.

2. As it seems that she had little dental care we could presume that she is from a relatively poor family and/or on her own for a while (possible because of her family situation). Either way it is likely that she could have become entwined with some kind of illegal activity for money as she would few other resources.

3. To shoot someone point blank (in the right temple) seems like a very deliberate act. It also seems that someone wanted her found -- to leave her in a field that is likely to be harvested very soon as it was fall. Was the killer sending a message? Did the killer want someone in particular to find her? Perhaps a certain farm worker? Or did the killer think/know that her death would be unnoticed and was trying to scare others who were working with her on the illicit activity. Hence why no one would/has come forward with info? If the intent was just to “get rid or her” one would think that more effort would have been made to conceal her.

Photos of the site

Attachments

• The Site Today.jpg
    The Site Today.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Restaurant @rt 5 and rt 20 looking from 5.jpg
    Restaurant @rt 5 and rt 20 looking from 5.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Close up of Restaurant.jpg
    Close up of Restaurant.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Other adjacent building to the east on rt 5.jpg
    Other adjacent building to the east on rt 5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Frist Buildings approx 1 mile south.jpg
    Frist Buildings approx 1 mile south.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 51
Have followed this post for years now and cant recall if Charlene Sessions Tengelsen missing June 21 1972Macon, Georgia was ever ruled out. I know the age range was off by around 7 years, but the pictures seem to have the same sort of features. Long shot Im sure, but I would never forgive myself if I didn't post a feeling. The nose is wrong but if she was face down but possible the nose was bent this way after death? the bridge seems to fit and the high forehead. also noted the height is off, but as I said I just had to post it.

Hate to keep posting things that may not directly point to our dear girl being given a name, but another suggestion that im sure hasn't been looked at is Barbara Glueckert Missing Aug 21 1976. Age range fits, height and weight fit. (Even my daughter looked at the pictures and thought they looked kinda the same in some photos. She's six) Looking at her circumstances is the thing that is way off. Apparently the thought is that she was killed by Thomas G Ulracher who had criminal files for rape arson and other crimes. He claims he did not kill her. Long shot that she suffered amnesia after he maybe attacked her and tried to start a new life. I know a long long long shot, but the features seems to fit and would prefer to have it out there. Urlacher claims have changed that he did and then didn't harm her. He died in 2004 during a drug deal in Colorado. Just want a name to our girl here and many heads make light work. Hard for me to do much from here in Australia, but maybe someone could tell me its not a match so we can move on. Thanks.

Hate to keep posting things that may not directly point to our dear girl being given a name, but another suggestion that im sure hasn't been looked at is Barbara Glueckert Missing Aug 21 1976. Age range fits, height and weight fit. (Even my daughter looked at the pictures and thought they looked kinda the same in some photos. She's six) Looking at her circumstances is the thing that is way off. Apparently the thought is that she was killed by Thomas G Ulracher who had criminal files for rape arson and other crimes. He claims he did not kill her. Long shot that she suffered amnesia after he maybe attacked her and tried to start a new life. I know a long long long shot, but the features seems to fit and would prefer to have it out there. Urlacher claims have changed that he did and then didn't harm her. He died in 2004 during a drug deal in Colorado. Just want a name to our girl here and many heads make light work. Hard for me to do much from here in Australia, but maybe someone could tell me its not a match so we can move on. Thanks.

Can you post the photos and descriptions side by side? The key with the faces is apparently the mouth and nose.

glueckert_barbara.html

1ufny.html

not sure if this is right. I cant really figure out how to get the images side by side, they are saved on my computer but don't know how to get them onto this site. Fingers crossed. otherwise I will keep trying to figure out how to get them on here. Barbara went missing August 21 1976 from Huntley Illinois age 14 5'4 120lbs. Cali Doe was found November 9 1979 in Caledonia, Livingston County NY. 13-19yrs 5'3 120lbs.

Attachments

• BGlueckert.jpg
    BGlueckert.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 1UFNY.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 16
Congradulation on the photo!

I am relatively unskilled at these comparisons. Althought there are some similarities Caledona Doe seems to have more of a pug nose a rounder face and a different mouth. As CD was shot in the right temple we cannt depend on that part of the photo but her left eye does not drop like the subject.

What does anyone else think? Any indication on the subjects dental care as CD had virtually none.

Barbara Glueckert NamUs - DNA Sample is currently not available

Caledonia JD NamUs

I'm not sure if she was one "we" have sent in. If anything; it may make them realize they need DNA on Barbara. NamUs has been going crazy getting DNA on all of their cases. LE recently showed up at the family of a case I entered; no phone call.

As CD was shot in the right temple we cannt depend on that part of the photo but her left eye does not drop like the subject.

Cali was shot in the forehead, just above the inside end of her right eyebrow. The bullet wound was photoshopped out of the postmortem photo.

What does anyone else think? Any indication on the subjects dental care as CD had virtually none.

JMHO, I'm not seeing Barbara as being Cali.

Caledonia Jane Doe haunts me. I am so glad more suggestions on her possible identity are being brought forward. I think Barbara Gluekert is a possible match. I don't go off the artist's reconstructions of Cali, I prefer to look at the morgue photos. To me, her morgue photos are kind of close to Barbara Gluekert.

I believe Cali was held up at gun point b/c she was being robbed. She turned her pockets inside out to show them she didn't have money or identification. The murderer thought she would squeal on him, so he shot her in the right temple. Just to make sure she was dead, he shot her in the back.

I don't get the feeling she was impoverished, but that her basic needs were neglected. She didn't want to go to the dentist, so her parents never took her. She didn't want to brush her teeth, so her parents never reminded her. This child was not their priority, although they did not physically or sexually abuse her.

I think she wore her clothes b/c she was a tomboy. I find it interesting that her flannel shirt was mostly blue, and her socks and panties were, too. Her necklace coordinated with her outfit, too. I think she planned it that way.

She thought the red jacket was cool, so that's why she wore it.

An earlier post talked about her being a migrant. I also believe this. She may have become separated from her family and was trying to get back to them. Maybe her parents neglected her just enough that she went off on her own sometimes, hitching rides, and then meeting back up with them. When she didn't come back, they figured she didn't want to. OR, they didn't know how to get in touch with her.

I think she had sporadic attendance at school. Her parents never forced her to go to school, so she went when she felt like. I do see her being in school, but sitting in the back of the room, doing some of the classwork, but she didn't strike people as bright or dull.

Anything she did, like frosting her hair, she did on her own. She felt like frosting her hair, so she went and bought the kit. She wanted a tan, so she slathered on baby oil and baked. I believe she made her necklace.

As for the keychain, she bought it because the quote resonated with her and she thought it looked cool. But she was also so independent that wearing the key and the heart meant she was the only one who could open her heart.

I think she was of French Canadian ancestry. Maybe they were Acadians from Louisiana and moved southwest while she was a baby. I also keep getting the feeling that she was connected to the Caledonia region in that her parents were from there.

So, in summary, a teenage migrant girl of French-Canadian ancestry spent time in the American southwest. She travelled around with both parents, who ignored/neglected her. She occasionally attended school. She wasn't close with anyone. She would separate from her parents, but always came back to them.

On the night of her death, she had dinner and hoped to hitch a ride to Boston to be reunited with her parents. She paid for her own dinner, and used whatever was left of her money to tip the waitress. Cali met up with a guy who she thought would get her to Boston. Instead, he transported her or forced her to walk to the field where he demanded she give him money. She turned her pockets inside out to show she had nothing. He was afraid she would turn him into the police, so he shot her point blank. He was pissed at himself for what he had done, so he dragged her body to a place where she would be seen and shot her again. He wanted to make sure she was dead, but also to punish her for making him kill her.

Her parents always knew there was a chance Cali wouldn't come back. They figured that Cali got away from them on Nov. 1979 and was living a better life somewhere else. It never occurred to them to try to find her.

I believe Cali was held up at gun point b/c she was being robbed. She turned her pockets inside out to show them she didn't have money or identification. The murderer thought she would squeal on him, so he shot her in the right temple. Just to make sure she was dead, he shot her in the back.

I don't get the feeling she was impoverished, but that her basic needs were neglected. She didn't want to go to the dentist, so her parents never took her. She didn't want to brush her teeth, so her parents never reminded her. This child was not their priority, although they did not physically or sexually abuse her.

I think she wore her clothes b/c she was a tomboy. I find it interesting that her flannel shirt was mostly blue, and her socks and panties were, too. Her necklace coordinated with her outfit, too. I think she planned it that way.

She thought the red jacket was cool, so that's why she wore it.

An earlier post talked about her being a migrant. I also believe this. She may have become separated from her family and was trying to get back to them. Maybe her parents neglected her just enough that she went off on her own sometimes, hitching rides, and then meeting back up with them. When she didn't come back, they figured she didn't want to. OR, they didn't know how to get in touch with her.

I think she had sporadic attendance at school. Her parents never forced her to go to school, so she went when she felt like. I do see her being in school, but sitting in the back of the room, doing some of the classwork, but she didn't strike people as bright or dull.

Anything she did, like frosting her hair, she did on her own. She felt like frosting her hair, so she went and bought the kit. She wanted a tan, so she slathered on baby oil and baked. I believe she made her necklace.

As for the keychain, she bought it because the quote resonated with her and she thought it looked cool. But she was also so independent that wearing the key and the heart meant she was the only one who could open her heart.

I think she was of French Canadian ancestry. Maybe they were Acadians from Louisiana and moved southwest while she was a baby. I also keep getting the feeling that she was connected to the Caledonia region in that her parents were from there.

So, in summary, a teenage migrant girl of French-Canadian ancestry spent time in the American southwest. She travelled around with both parents, who ignored/neglected her. She occasionally attended school. She wasn't close with anyone. She would separate from her parents, but always came back to them.

On the night of her death, she had dinner and hoped to hitch a ride to Boston to be reunited with her parents. She paid for her own dinner, and used whatever was left of her money to tip the waitress. Cali met up with a guy who she thought would get her to Boston. Instead, he transported her or forced her to walk to the field where he demanded she give him money. She turned her pockets inside out to show she had nothing. He was afraid she would turn him into the police, so he shot her point blank. He was pissed at himself for what he had done, so he dragged her body to a place where she would be seen and shot her again. He wanted to make sure she was dead, but also to punish her for making him kill her.

Her parents always knew there was a chance Cali wouldn't come back. They figured that Cali got away from them on Nov. 1979 and was living a better life somewhere else. It never occurred to them to try to find her.

I had the same jewelry from Grants; it was popular back then; even in NJ.
The isotope testing on her teeth showed her growing up in a certain region out west IIRC.

I had the same jewelry from Grants; it was popular back then; even in NJ.
The isotope testing on her teeth showed her growing up in a certain region out west IIRC.

I believe that the isotope testing was on the pollen found on her clothes. Is there a reference to her teeth?

I believe that the isotope testing was on the pollen found on her clothes. Is there a reference to her teeth?

Carl's post 601 plus this one

I received some information from a trustworthy source that Cali's teeth were analyzed to determine their oxygen isotope ratios and the results from this were consistent with her growing up in the SW US and some other places in the world. (for a good overview of this analysis read here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11421593)

The O2 isotope ratio technique can not be considered precise, but can be used in conjunction with other pertinent information. Consider this slideshow prepared by one of the world's leading palynologists, VM Bryant (straight out of Aggieland). The content in general is fascinating, but pay close attention to slides 34-42. Entitled "Jane Doe Murdered in Upstate NY" the slides show the process of extracting the pollen from Jane's red jacket and brown corduroy pants. Pollen clues extracted from the clothes are detailed, and Bryant's expert hypothesis on where the Casuarina originated is provided. Check it out: http://projects.nfstc.org/trace/2009/presentations/3-bryant-palynology1.pdf

Great info. I missed the teeth reference. Any idea what ages this would apply to?

This is consistent with the pollin on her clothing that suggests recent travel from the SW. (southern CA, TX, AZ) but very specific regions through NV and east.

It certainly seems that she came from that region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro