Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbara Glueckert NamUs - DNA Sample is currently not available

Caledonia JD NamUs

I'm not sure if she was one "we" have sent in. If anything; it may make them realize they need DNA on Barbara. NamUs has been going crazy getting DNA on all of their cases. LE recently showed up at the family of a case I entered; no phone call.

She has not been submitted by us, if someone wants to submit; it may get DNA on Barbara & help elsewhere

I find it amazing and appalling that no family seems to be searching for this beautiful child. Then i remind myself that for years we searched and searched, but our search received no notice. So maybe somebody out there is looking for her......and they just have not found her yet. Her jewelry is very common to that time, as is her boyish type clothing. Somebody out there has to be missing her.......can't stand to think she was all alone in the world.

Great info. I missed the teeth reference. Any idea what ages this would apply to?

This is consistent with the pollin on her clothing that suggests recent travel from the SW. (southern CA, TX, AZ) but very specific regions through NV and east.

It certainly seems that she came from that region.

Sorry; it was dinner time here...
I believe it's for where they grew up from birth as all of the teeth take in the water supply

I find it amazing and appalling that no family seems to be searching for this beautiful child. Then i remind myself that for years we searched and searched, but our search received no notice. So maybe somebody out there is looking for her......and they just have not found her yet. Her jewelry is very common to that time, as is her boyish type clothing. Somebody out there has to be missing her.......can't stand to think she was all alone in the world.

~Hugs
Could also be that her parents passed away; there was no one

Have you seen the new picture of her on the NCMEC website? They have her listed as Jane Doe 1979......and personally I think this picture makes her features look different. If I knew how to post one I would post it here.......

I'm giving up on this list. I'm just duplicating the contents of Doenet and Namus.

Essentially every female of the right age in all the public missing persons listings has been compared to Cali and not matched.

LE has said this a couple of times, and they appear to be exactly right.

At this point the only people worth submitting would be ones we locate outside of the missing persons websites, or from overseas, or who hasn't been listed in the websites before.

I think one of the biggest issues is that if a person is not listed as missing to LE we can't sleuth them. At least, that is my understanding. I found some great old posts on missing people on the "wayback" machine (for another UID) and other search sites, but, was told if it was not reported to LE we could not post information. It is sad because a lot of the parents, aunts, and grandparents of those missing may never report to LE for various reasons, are not super computer literate, and are slowly passing away from age. If my information is incorrect please let me know. Thanks!

I think one of the biggest issues is that if a person is not listed as missing to LE we can't sleuth them. At least, that is my understanding. I found some great old posts on missing people on the "wayback" machine (for another UID) and other search sites, but, was told if it was not reported to LE we could not post information. It is sad because a lot of the parents, aunts, and grandparents of those missing may never report to LE for various reasons, are not super computer literate, and are slowly passing away from age. If my information is incorrect please let me know. Thanks!

I don't see why we can't suggest someone who appears to be missing even if they are not listed on a major site already. Mostly that is the case here.

In fact a number of found people were not reported missing. For example only two of the three Cleveland women held hostage were reported missing.

I think someone out there is missing her.......and worse........someone may be out there hiding from what they did to her..........parents killing a child was much less common in 1979........but it still happened..........she went to school with somebody, she went in stores somewhere......out there somewhere is someone who knows the answers.....I know it is frustrating.........but giving up only lets them win........so as the saying goes:
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

- by Author Unknown

I don't see why we can't suggest someone who appears to be missing even if they are not listed on a major site already. Mostly that is the case here.

In fact a number of found people were not reported missing. For example only two of the three Cleveland women held hostage were reported missing.

I agree with you totally. I was told that by a Mod, that's all. I am just repeating what was told to me after my post was removed. It was frustrating at the time. :banghead: Maybe a Mod can clarify...

I think someone out there is missing her.......and worse........someone may be out there hiding from what they did to her..........parents killing a child was much less common in 1979........but it still happened..........she went to school with somebody, she went in stores somewhere......out there somewhere is someone who knows the answers.....I know it is frustrating.........but giving up only lets them win........so as the saying goes:
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

- by Author Unknown

I have a question about dates people are reported missing. How common is it that the dates are incorrect? Anyone know?

I have a question about dates people are reported missing. How common is it that the dates are incorrect? Anyone know?

It is not uncommon. On many of the missing person sites, my sister is listed as missing on Feb.28,1972. It should say Feb. 29,1972. She vanished on a leap year so several places "corrected" the date they thought was an error.
In some cases people are missing awhile before being reported, sometimes months or even years..........so it is possible for the date to be somewhat off also.

Also sometimes height/weight can be off. Eye color.

Also, suspected runaways were not listed as missing persons at that time. I know this for fact as my sister was first classified as a runaway....it took us a long time to get her classification changed to Missing. given that fact, I personally think we should be open to searching people not classified as missing......but then I am not a MOD......lol......so perhaps we better ask first.

This is a perfect example of how dates of missing people turn out to be wrong:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/crowley_brenda.html

Details of Disappearance
Brenda lived with her mother and siblings in Staten Island, NY. According to the family, she and her seven siblings had run away from the family's various Staten Island addresses at one time or another, but everyone usually came back, everyone except Brenda Crowley. Brenda used to hang out in the Tompkinsville area as well as Stapleton, and Mariner's Harbor. She has not been seen or heard from since about 1979. (Date of last contact is only an estimation) The family thought that her mother had filed a missing person's report with the police, but later learned that was not the case, so a report was filed in 2007.

If you notice it says she has not been heard from since ABOUT 1979........grrrrrrrrrr......how do you not report your 16 yr old child missing?

She had on a flannel and corduroys- she was dressed for November in upstate NY- and since her clothes contained pollen from another place- the weather there in November was similar. Or she had the clothes because the weather from where she was from eventually turned cool- and she came to Caledonia for the race specifically. Or- the pollen was from a vehicle she rode in.

I grew up in that area. Indian summer frequently went long- and at 14- if it was just 50 degrees and sunny, we'd be frantically trying to keep our tan from Labor Day weekend. Most likely she had a halter under that flannel at one time.

ETA: The restaurant in the picture above was built in 1965- I knew I had been there as a teen- and I am the same age as the estimate for Cali Doe. The car dealers and truckers from the auctions as well as race fans ate there.

ETA: The Seneca Army Depot is not that far from there. She could have been an Army dependent.

I think she has the right face shape.....and it lists her hair as brown but it sure looks blondish to me.....she is the right age, and has not been ruled out. Thoughts anyone?

Andria Ann Bailey
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3337dfwa.html

I know this one was slightly further away, but distance can be traveled. She is in the age range, has the pug nose, and has not been ruled out.

Kimberly Alice King
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96dfmi.html

This one has the roundish face shape also. Given that she had vanished a few months before Jane Doe was found, she could have frosted her hair. She is the right age and has not been ruled out.

Evelyn Davis
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183dfoh.html

I am looking only at face shapes and approx. size, and age. I also stayed with brown hair, I did not stay by eye color as I have seen it listed incorrectly to many times. I stayed in the teens because she looks young to me.......like a child.......who needs to go home.

It's interesting to note that the Watkins Glen U.S. Grand Prix was held on October 7th, 1979, 2 days before her body was discovered in the field. She was wearing a man's racing-themed jacket. Watkins Glen is roughly 2-2 1/2 hours southeast of Caledonia.

RSBM: The Grand Prix in Watkins was a month before she was found in November. Spencer Speedway in is Williamson, and Caledonia had its own speedway back then. It now has a smaller kart track- Limerock Speedway. There is a circuit of riders that travel/traveled around to the speedways- like carnies- until the snow; and they head West and South.

cali2.jpg View attachment 1UFNY.jpg

These are the two photos of Cali, Personally I don't like the new picture of her on the missingkids.com website. I wish they had kept both photos as there seems to be too much of a difference. the new photo looks very updated with new technology, which is a good thing, but maybe they should have kept an original as well, maybe smaller with the key picture and they should have had the clothes and necklace which are probably more significant than the key which was probably more readily available. Also the age range has been changed from 13-19 to 14-17, how does this change? has something been found to indicate a closer age range? Having more options opens the possibility of someone recognising our missing Angel.

View attachment 37568 View attachment 37569

These are the two photos of Cali, Personally I don't like the new picture of her on the missingkids.com website. I wish they had kept both photos as there seems to be too much of a difference. the new photo looks very updated with new technology, which is a good thing, but maybe they should have kept an original as well, maybe smaller with the key picture and they should have had the clothes and necklace which are probably more significant than the key which was probably more readily available. Also the age range has been changed from 13-19 to 14-17, how does this change? has something been found to indicate a closer age range? Having more options opens the possibility of someone recognising our missing Angel.

Thank you.....I apparently should not visit sites at bedtime......it turns into all night hunts. I agree they should have kept BOTH photos side by side, or one smaller inside of the other one. I just know my husband died at home, and with in the few hours it took to get the coroner there, he was so horribly bloated......I do not mean to sound cold about it......it was a very painful moment for me and I just can't help but even now recalling that his face looked so rounded,so I thought perhaps her morgue photo is bloated also.......that was why I wanted the two photos side by side. I do not know why they changed her age range, I could find no explanation for it. I have been searching 12-21 because I just prefer the wider avenue, maybe more chances of finding her.

I looked at Amanda Gallion, but it says she was last seen in 1997 not 1979. Am I correct or did I read it wrong.

I looked at Amanda Gallion, but it says she was last seen in 1997 not 1979. Am I correct or did I read it wrong.

Sorry, you are correct.....I must have flipped from the 70's missing section to the 90's missing section. Thank you for pointing it out to me before I started to go all the way down that list.

cali2.jpgpaulette.png
The new Cali photo and Paulette Susan Jaster
Missing since May 5, 1979 from Davison, Genesee County, Michigan. 12 hour trip. Facial features in photo are similar and she was known to love unusual jewellry, animals and anything "natural. Maybe in regards to her jewellery our Cali was wearing, and the clothing. Paulette was last seen wearing blue jeans and was carrying an army-style duffel bag. She also wore a ring with a turquoise stone and a silver ring with a stone of unknown colour. She may have been travelling to Florida.
Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 9, 1954
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Slender to medium build.
•Dentals: Available
•Marks, Scars: Scar on crown of head, gray mark from pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone, below eye.

It is hard to tell with Paulette being sideways in the pic. I think the eyebrows, nose and chin look similar. The time is right and she is close to the right size. I had looked at her poster earlier, but marked it off because of the pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone, but as we all know small details being off is not unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson