Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard i went back into your earlier posts on this monica girl and the link was not working. checked out doe and nothing. i then googled her name which poped up doe when i clicked on it it said could not be found or something. so i went back and copyed the case file number and searched doe for it she must have been taken off of doe network but why? did they find a match for her?

smile22 said:
Richard i went back into your earlier posts on this monica girl and the link was not working. checked out doe and nothing. i then googled her name which poped up doe when i clicked on it it said could not be found or something. so i went back and copyed the case file number and searched doe for it she must have been taken off of doe network but why? did they find a match for her?
I'm on Doe Network everyday- so maybe she might be on tommorow's "Site Updates" list or the "Site Updates" list on the 29th- depending if they even have updates lists for both the 28th and 29th...or whatever date

As for ID'd victims/missing persons, The Doe Network has a tendency to report victims or missing persons identified/recovered long after their actual time or month of identification/recovery

smile22 said:
I do not know why the links are not working or why Doenetwork had removed Monica's case file. I can tell you that my posts on this forum contain everything that the Doenetwork had on her, as well as what the Mexican site contained - that is except for the photos.

I recall having trouble with the Mexican Missing Persons site because none of their links worked, and I was unable to make any contact with authorities there. It may have been because of those problems that Doenetwork removed it.

The Livingston County (NY) case officer whom I spoke with contacted FBI officials in Mexico in an attempt to get more information on Monica's case, but I have not heard whether or not they were successful.

i am going to contact doe and see what is going on i dont quite remember her picture as i have not seen in sice you first posted the links a while ago. those missing from doe in az that i listed are so long of a shot. i went into the florida area and didnt see anything that cought my eye but i was kinda searching to fast im gona do another doe search in florida and see if any potentials come up

I like 2090DFFL better then the first one. I think their noses are similar. The first one is also way out of the age range of 13-19.

this case alawys has stuck out in my mind. she was clean and well groomed. Not fitting of a runaway. unless she ran away and became a higher class prostitute.I always felt like she had a family somewhere who is missing her. maybe she ran away and they never reported it. times were different then and runaways were treated different. It is possible that she had ran away days prior to her death and living on the streets hadn't taken a toll onher yet. This case just bothers me.

Awesome - thanks Rhyno1974. It's great to see Cali getting some national exposure again. And what a fascinating story about the pollen!

eta: this story showed up online in our local paper today - way out on the West Coast! Must be in a lot of other papers nationwide, too. This is great!

Wow it indeed is a fansicating story about the pollen! Hopefully it will help solve her case and bring her back to her family.

Here's a longer article about the pollen, her clothing, the murder weapon, Otis Toole and Henry Lee Lucas, and the possiblity they picked her up near Philadelphia.

I'm glad this article is getting around!

link
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Three grains of pollen might help solve a 27-year-old murder mystery.

To try to unmask the identity of a teenage girl found slain in a cornfield in western New York in 1979, investigators have turned to a pollen-analysis technique rarely used in the United States in hopes of pinpointing where she once lived.

A forensic botanist in Texas determined that three microscopic pollen grains from an Australian pine that were recovered this summer inside the girl's red jacket and her pants pocket could have come only from Florida, Arizona or most likely southern California, provided she didn't leave the country.
0_61_pollen_murder_mystery.jpg

I hope this is solved one day soon. It makes me wonder where are her parents, friends, siblings, neigbors, etc.? There has to be someone somewhere who recognizes her. :waitasec:

Just a thought, maybe she wasn't from USA.
Bought over here by other then her parents.

Unidentified Homicide Victim (Caledonia)

janedoe1.jpg
janedoe2.jpg
A computer enhanced image.​
A facial reconstruction.​

Basic Information
Race:
White​
Sex:
Female​
Height:
5' 3"​
Weight:
About 120 lbs.​
Eyes:
Brown​
Hair:
Shoulder-length, wavy, brown, with blonde frosted streaks in the front.​

Additional Information
Remains Found:Date: November 1979
Location: Just off State Rte. 20 Town of Caledonia, NY (about 23 miles southwest of Rochester, NY and 10 miles south of the New York State Thruway, I-90) in Livingston County Victim's Apparel: Tan corduroy jeans, multi-colored plaid cotton/polyester shirt, blue knee socks, brown rippled-sole shoes, red nylon-lined man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms and a collar label reading Auto Sports Products, Inc. Miscellaneous Information: Victim?s hair was frosted about 4 months prior to the discovery of her body.
Her body was tanned with bikini markings.
Dental information is available.

janedoe3.jpg

If you have information, please email or call (716) 243-7100 this is one of my "pet" cases...I hope she is identified....

I always thought she might be from Mexico...not sure why...the jewelery perhaps...but that is a long shot

That style of jewelry was popular in various parts of the United States in the 70s though. Is the keychain a Princess Bride referance maybe? The book was out before the movie...

Is there a better look at the jewelry closure? That doesn't look like a common closure for the U.S., (Unless that really is a barrel clasp? It is hard for me to tell in the photo.) but it might have been common in Europe, heck even Australia. Also, it looks like there might have originally been two bird "fetishes" on that necklace framing the larger bead, but one of them broke.

lilsister said:
Unidentified Homicide Victim (Caledonia)

janedoe1.jpg
janedoe2.jpg
A computer enhanced image.​
A facial reconstruction.​

Basic Information
Race:
White​
Sex:
Female​
Height:
5' 3"​
Weight:
About 120 lbs.​
Eyes:
Brown​
Hair:
Shoulder-length, wavy, brown, with blonde frosted streaks in the front.​

Additional Information
Remains Found:Date: November 1979
Location: Just off State Rte. 20 Town of Caledonia, NY (about 23 miles southwest of Rochester, NY and 10 miles south of the New York State Thruway, I-90) in Livingston County Victim's Apparel: Tan corduroy jeans, multi-colored plaid cotton/polyester shirt, blue knee socks, brown rippled-sole shoes, red nylon-lined man's windbreaker with black stripes down the arms and a collar label reading Auto Sports Products, Inc. Miscellaneous Information: Victim?s hair was frosted about 4 months prior to the discovery of her body.
Her body was tanned with bikini markings.
Dental information is available.

janedoe3.jpg

If you have information, please email or call (716) 243-7100 this is one of my "pet" cases...I hope she is identified....
Hey Lilsister,:)
Thank-you so much for the post.It is very much appreciated.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members