Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I found out yesterday morning that Carl found a possible match to Cali, I had to pull up Tammy's NamUs profile. . As soon as I saw her picture, I felt that she is Cali. I have never really felt that before with any of the other possible matches like I have with Tammy. From making a few positive matches in the past, (and one waiting for a DNA comparision for 4 years) I know that height and weight can be off. I knew also with her picture being from a 1979 yearbook that her last date seen was off also.

I am thinking also that since LE didn't waste any time getting DNA from Tammy's sister, they are pretty optimistic too!

Some people on here may tend to disagree with me, and that's fine. I am just stating how I feel. I am hoping for answers, for Tammy and for Cali.

I honestly don't feel there's anything to disagree with lol

I personally had a lot on my plate the other night so couldn't sit here to compare the way I would have liked to. One gal in our group uploaded a photo comparison that got me excited. I have always felt her nose in the recon was wrong; it did not match what I saw in the 2 side profile PM pics. Her nose did not look upturned that much. My 1st impression of Tammy's nose was that the nostrils look too thick but Cali's nose has been photo shopped; so I'm not sure.

I personally had a lot on my plate the other night so couldn't sit here to compare the way I would have liked to. One gal in our group uploaded a photo comparison that got me excited. I have always felt her nose in the recon was wrong; it did not match what I saw in the 2 side profile PM pics. Her nose did not look upturned that much. My 1st impression of Tammy's nose was that the nostrils look too thick but Cali's nose has been photo shopped; so I'm not sure.

I have been so crazy about thinking this is her, that I woke my husband up at 6am this morning before I left for work and showed him the comparison. (He has been on afternoon shift and I was sleeping When he came home last night)... I also showed my coworkers saying this has to be her (they all think I am a weirdo) I think just seeing Carl's reconstruction and the one they did of Cali as an age regression(the pic on the bottom left) really stood out in my mind too when I saw Tammy's pic.

this makes me wish it was mandatory to enter every case into namus (well I wished that anyway) I really think you got it CarlK! fingers, legs, arms and and eyes crossed!

I did an overlay of Tammy's picture over one of the reconstructions. It's not a perfect overlay, but you really can see the similarities.

Screen shot 2014-09-26 at 5.31.31 PM.png and Screen shot 2014-09-26 at 5.28.42 PM.png = Screen shot 2014-09-26 at 5.43.01 PM.png

Here's another one with the most recent reconstruction.

iog4Rvp.png
izmHkXd.png
zIL1Ahh.png

I want to do one with the postmortem of her whole face, but her head there is tilted upwards so it's hard to align them.

ETA: Images weren't showing. Uploaded them to imgur and now every picture gets progressively smaller. Oh well : /

Migmuu - the attachments on post #1533 aren't showing up for me. Not sure why.

I bow down to you and those that have the skillz to do these photos and overlays - thanks so much!!

Migmuu - the attachments on post #1533 aren't showing up for me. Not sure why.

I bow down to you and those that have the skillz to do these photos and overlays - thanks so much!!

Just fixed it. I was having the same issue; not sure why it worked in the first post but not in the second one.

Here's another one with the most recent reconstruction.

iog4Rvp.png
izmHkXd.png
zIL1Ahh.png

I want to do one with the postmortem of her whole face, but her head there is tilted upwards so it's hard to align them.

ETA: Images weren't showing. Uploaded them to imgur and now every picture gets progressively smaller. Oh well : /

Maj Burgess feels the recon here is the most accurate.
Here is Cali's FB page; I have her PM photos in the photo albums

*Wish we could see Tammy's ears!

After looking at the comparisons and factoring in that some of Cali's postmortem pictures have areas do to her injuries that were Photoshopped I think it it a very good possibility
that Cali is Tammy Jo. I always thought I would be so excited to see this case solved. As I have been following and working on unidentified cases for a long long time. However, I find myself just really really sad. I am actually glad I feel sad because I do sometimes worry that these unidentified and missing people take on the role of the main character in a puzzle, that I like to sleuth and I become detached from their reality. It makes me feel better to know I really do feel sad about what terrible things these poor people have endured and I not become desensitized to their plight.

Is there any information about Tammy? Like where she was born or the circumstances of her disappearance?

Is there any information about Tammy? Like where she was born or the circumstances of her disappearance?

Her ex boyfriend says she was born on November 2, 1963 in Atlanta. I don't think he was 100% sure about the location though. Not too much on the circumstances. He said in Zabasearch that it was suspected that she might have gotten into prostitution in St. Petersburg Florida.

That's not the most appropriate thing for the ex boyfriend to say on the internet about Tammy ("may have fallen into prostitution").
If someone were looking for me and was going to say that about me, I'd be pretty ticked.
Some one already replied on zabasearch and asked why he would say that, but there was no more responses.

That's not the most appropriate thing for the ex boyfriend to say on the internet about Tammy ("may have fallen into prostitution").
If someone were looking for me and was going to say that about me, I'd be pretty ticked.
Some one already replied on zabasearch and asked why he would say that, but there was no more responses.

I do not believe the boyfriend was posting with judgment, but providing relevant information. As a lifestyle as a prostitute would be endangering. This is relevant in that the public is going to relate a disappearance to a potential Unidentified Remains or other nomatic lifestyle if they know the person may have been in a high risk group. If an ex boyfriend simply posts looking for his long lost girlfriend most of us will probably read it say don't no that person and move on. So although you may feel it was not an appropriate comment I disagree. He wasn't being mean or degrading IMO.

Call me crazy..but I just do not see the resemblance in these two girls.

I was aggravated with it because Tammy's NamUs profile said she went missing at age 13. I told our group that how does a 13 year old "fall into prostitution"? It's called Human Trafficking! I agree with mjak that he added it to be helpful & it would not surprise me that him looking for Tammy is what caught someone's attention. He knew from the sister that Tammy never came back home.

NJ for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law shared a link. · September 12
Holly’s Speech for National Missing Children’s Day
When I was 14 years old, I went missing on a summer day in 1992, just weeks after my middle school graduation. When my parents realized I wasn’t where I was supposed to be and that none of my friends knew my whereabouts, they filed a missing person’s report with our local police district in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, and then they waited for two days to hear something.

What my parents didn’t realize was that I had met a man at our local shopping mall a couple weeks earlier, and that I had begun to talk to him regularly over the phone. This man told me that I was pretty enough to be a model and that I was too mature for high school. He told me that, if I ran away with him, he would get me a fake ID, that he could get me into dance clubs, that I could meet famous people, and that he could give me a red Corvette to drive to Los Angeles and work in the music industry. As an angry, insecure, naïve, and impulsive teenager, I believed him. I wanted to be in a relationship with an older guy; and more than anything else in the world, I wanted to be an adult. I didn’t want to go to high school. I wanted to be able to make my own choices, to come and go as I pleased.

And so, on July 1st, 1992, I chose to run away with this man from the mall. This wasn’t the first time I had run away on a whim or in response to my teenage emotions, but it was the first time I had run away with someone I didn’t really know. Within hours of running away, this man forced and coerced me into prostitution on the streets of Atlantic City, New Jersey. Because I gave this man my phone number and because I agreed to run away with him, I believed I had gotten myself into this situation. I believed I alone was at fault for my circumstances. And, as the hours passed in Atlantic City, the idea of ever going back home became less and less of a reality to me, so much so that I failed to seek help from anyone, including law enforcement, as they passed by me in the hotels, motels, and on the streets of Atlantic City.

When I was finally approached by a law enforcement officer the following night on Pacific Avenue, I was questioned about my age. At first, I insisted that I was over 18, but then I asked the officer what would happen if I was underage. What I meant by this was What are my options? I wasn’t ready to face my parents or my past, but I wanted to get away from the man who lured me away from home and then raped me inside a motel room. In response to my question, though, this officer arrested me, and then he ridiculed me as we drove to the Atlantic City police station.

Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alexander_tammy.html

Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.

Charley Project now has a casefile for Tammy

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alexander_tammy.html

Unlike NamUs, a height and weight range is given (both of which possibly make her consistent to Cali)
I'm not sure where Meaghan got her info to put a height range instead of the 60 inches tall, 100 lbs provided by NamUs.

Under Source Information she cites the FDLE website in addition to NamUs. But if you search for Tammy on the FDLE site, she doesn't show up.

I saw her on CP earlier.
Carl what do you think about the nose difference?Could the nose difference be that far off?

Call me crazy..but I just do not see the resemblance in these two girls.

The strongest resemblance I see is with Carl's sketch and the original sketch of Cali that goes back to 2005. I see an overall likeness that is pretty striking. When looking at the PM pictures, it is harder to see the resemblance. However, when looking at the facial shape, the eye spacing ect, it is pretty similar and the features like the nose which are questionable is explaned because that was photoshopped in the PM.

The strongest resemblance I see is with Carl's sketch and the original sketch of Cali that goes back to 2005. I see an overall likeness that is pretty striking. When looking at the PM pictures, it is harder to see the resemblance. However, when looking at the facial shape, the eye spacing ect, it is pretty similar and the features like the nose which are questionable is explaned because that was photoshopped in the PM.

I just don't see it.I hope I am dead wrong though.I hope like hell that this is Tammy.The nose and mouth just make me reluctant via photoshop or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay