Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is probably the best reconstruction I've ever seen when compared with the new photo. Great talent, Carl. Compared to some of the horrendous "official" sketches etc we've seen, it's clear you have an eye for this.

He confessed to many killings he could not have committed, but perhaps he did tell the truth occasionally just to throw everyone off. Anyone know if he was in prison at the time?

He confessed to killing Orange Socks, only a week before, but he was in jail at the time she was killed. So unless he got released a week later, no, he couldn't have killed her.

I am often in lurk mode these days, but had to come out for a big ole "adda boy" to Carl. :loveyou:

He confessed to killing Orange Socks, only a week before, but he was in jail at the time she was killed. So unless he got released a week later, no, he couldn't have killed her.
Where to proceed from here....
Now that her identity has been restored, some random musings;
Perhaps we should look at similar crimes. If you look at the victims of a serial killer, they definitely have a physical type. Sometimes it looks like they are killing the same person over and over. So if we look for other victims of similar ethnicity and age who were not sexually assaulted, we could find something. I have long wondered if Buckskin Jane Doe was killed by the same perp. Not that I am saying that a serial killer was responsible in this case, but it is worth a look. Maybe he also tried it other times and did not succeed, so a look at descriptions from potential victims who escaped could be informative. This is unfortunately the kind of thing a predator does repeatedly until they are caught, dead, or too infirm to continue the hunt.
Hate to say it but a young pretty girl murdered in this way but NOT sexually assaulted might be less common.

Where to proceed from here....
Now that her identity has been restored, some random musings;
Perhaps we should look at similar crimes. If you look at the victims of a serial killer, they definitely have a physical type. Sometimes it looks like they are killing the same person over and over. So if we look for other victims of similar ethnicity and age who were not sexually assaulted, we could find something. I have long wondered if Buckskin Jane Doe was killed by the same perp. Not that I am saying that a serial killer was responsible in this case, but it is worth a look. Maybe he also tried it other times and did not succeed, so a look at descriptions from potential victims who escaped could be informative. This is unfortunately the kind of thing a predator does repeatedly until they are caught, dead, or too infirm to continue the hunt.
Hate to say it but a young pretty girl murdered in this way but NOT sexually assaulted might be less common.

This was personal. Do not think connected to BG. Cali was shot; BG strangled.
Cali (Tammy) & the guy were arguing on the side of the road; neighbors called the cops who didn't get there because of a traffic accident. What were they arguing over? No drugs found in her system. Why did he pull her pockets out?

is that a new listing?

this was personal. Do not think connected to bg. Cali was shot; bg strangled.
Cali (tammy) & the guy were arguing on the side of the road; neighbors called the cops who didn't get there because of a traffic accident. What were they arguing over? No drugs found in her system. Why did he pull her pockets out?

Is that a new listing?

sounds like he thought she took something?

I always thought she turned out her pockets to show him she didn't have anything.

It is amazing that Websleuths had such a great part in finding this match. Thanks to everyone who would not let this case grow cold & forgotten. Gives me hope for other cases. You guys are wonderful! & I am so happy that Tammy got her name back, and we now know where she is. Now to catch that dirt bag that did this to her!

Do you think we could start a ******** for a nice new headstone for Tammy's grave? Or maybe for Tammy to be reburied with her parents or wherever her sister wants. I'd gladly donate to that. Breaks my heart to see her "unidentified" headstone. Hope there is a memorial service for her too.

Sorry used the name of a specific fundraiser site there! Let's change that to fundraiser :)

... Cali (Tammy) & the guy were arguing on the side of the road; neighbors called the cops who didn't get there because of a traffic accident. ...

I hadn't seen/heard this before. Interesting.

If they were arguing to be heard by neighbor in that area, it must have been really loud. Wouldn't they have heard the two (at least) gun shots too? I believe that the closest house is the one in which the folks that discovered her lived, no? I think they still live there(?). But this is at night in November in NYS... I'd expect windows to be closed. She was found on their property across the street -- something about looking for hunters in their field, I believe.

So, would I be thinking right here -- If (IF) they came from Lima along Rt20, they'd pass through Avon and turn left at Rt5/Rt20 (at the now-closed Tt % & 20 Grill -- what was it in 1979?), travel about a half mile... it'd seem logical that the car would have stopped in that lane or on the "shoulder" (which would be the north side of the road). If I understand correctly, both she and the blood spot were on the south side of the road(?). So they crossed the road. Does that sound right? And the "heavy" rain washed any possible tire tracks away.

I am just posting to say well done to carl. I'm often lurking and see your posts and the work you do is amazing. Well done :)

I was going to simply add the following to my post (#1921) above, but the 'edit' function doesn't seem to work.

Please take this for simply what it is, and nothing more...

In Tammy Jo Alexander's mother's (Barbara Jenkins) obituary there is mention that Barbara Jenkins was survived by two brothers (Phillip Reed and Donnie Reed) both of Zephyrhills, FL. I notice that there is a Donnie Reed in Zephyrhills that at least until 2014 is a dirt track racer. I think he is in his 60's. Barbara Jenkins would be about 72 now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Tammy Jo Alexander's jacket thought to be somehow connected with motor sports(?).

Again, take that for only the information... not any kind of conclusion.

i was going to simply add the following to my post (#1921) above, but the 'edit' function doesn't seem to work.

Please take this for simply what it is, and nothing more...

In tammy jo alexander's mother's (barbara jenkins) obituary there is mention that barbara jenkins was survived by two brothers (phillip reed and donnie reed) both of zephyrhills, fl. I notice that there is a donnie reed in zephyrhills that at least until 2014 is a dirt track racer. I think he is in his 60's. Barbara jenkins would be about 72 now. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't tammy jo alexander's jacket thought to be somehow connected with motor sports(?).

Again, take that for only the information... Not any kind of conclusion.

yes it was ETA If i remember correctly it was a winston racing jacket/ or a black and red jacket with racing stripes

I hadn't seen/heard this before. Interesting.

If they were arguing to be heard by neighbor in that area, it must have been really loud. Wouldn't they have heard the two (at least) gun shots too? I believe that the closest house is the one in which the folks that discovered her lived, no? I think they still live there(?). But this is at night in November in NYS... I'd expect windows to be closed. She was found on their property across the street -- something about looking for hunters in their field, I believe.

So, would I be thinking right here -- If (IF) they came from Lima along Rt20, they'd pass through Avon and turn left at Rt5/Rt20 (at the now-closed Tt % & 20 Grill -- what was it in 1979?), travel about a half mile... it'd seem logical that the car would have stopped in that lane or on the "shoulder" (which would be the north side of the road). If I understand correctly, both she and the blood spot were on the south side of the road(?). So they crossed the road. Does that sound right? And the "heavy" rain washed any possible tire tracks away.

Just a side note here. The caller actually said a husband and wife arguing beside the road, nobody has ever been able to confirm that this had anything to do with Cali, and at the current time, there is no actual proof that they were even in the same spot Cali was killed. That cornfield stretch's up there a long way, and all the caller said was alone the road beside the cornfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth