Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so very welcome darkshadows!!! I so hope that she is identified...some one loved her somewhere...

It's been awhile since I have visited this case. Some things come to mind. The first is that she was found in very masculine clothing. I wonder if it fit her well. In other words, was she redressed in her killer's clothing, or did she just like the style. Or maybe she was raised in a father only home, where there was no female influence. Next is her hair. I wonder if they could tell if it was professionally done, ie all the high lights were in the right places. It was said that she had not been sexually assaulted, but could they tell if she had been sexually active. I wonder because it may give a clue to whether she had prostituted herself. If she was a runaway she had to have gotten money from somewhere to support herself. I wonder if she was clean when she was found, recently bathed, clothing clean? If she was clean, where had she been staying? Girls usually carry purses, but none was found. I suppose she could have used her pockets which were found empty. I really hope they find out who she is, this has bothered me since first reading it. She resembles a childhood friend, who I know was alive at the time Cali was found.

I'd bet if you identify her then you find the killer which can explain why no purse or ID was found. As far as the hair, were at home highlight kits available in the 70's ?

There is not a lot of information available about the following case, but I find some similarities in this case and that of Caledonia Jane Doe. Note that both are of similar description. Both were shot in the back of the head, and both were dumped in rural areas near major roads. The cases are separated by only seven months.

-------------------------------------
Unidentified White or Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in Middlesex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: April 3, 1979
Vital Statistics

Estimated Year of Birth: 1949 - 1961
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'4"; 110 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Unknown if she had any scars, marks.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: The victim was found wearing a pink dress with a brown rope-type belt, black high-heel shoes, and pantyhose.
Jewelry: The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

Case History
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in a wooded area off of the N.J. Turnpike near East Brunswick Township, N.J. She was a victim of a homicide ( gunshot in the back of head).

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police
800-709-7090
E-Mail: mailto:missingp@gw.njsp.org
Or
Major Crime Unit
609-882-2000
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: H207925
NCIC Number: U-640498165
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police
The Doe Network: Case File 152UFNJ

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html

Richard said:
There is not a lot of information available about the following case, but I find some similarities in this case and that of Caledonia Jane Doe. Note that both are of similar description. Both were shot in the back of the head, and both were dumped in rural areas near major roads. The cases are separated by only seven months.

-------------------------------------
I wonder if they were able to recover a bullet and test it against Caledonia JD? Or if they even know what type of gun was used in the Middlesex JD murder?

From the newspaper article I linked:
A slug from the murder weapon — a .38-caliber handgun — was tested against hundreds of others fired from guns seized by police as far away as Europe and Mexico, but to no avail.

I had that same necklace, that same year. I'm pretty sure mine came from a mall in Northern Virginia, most likely from a chain store like the Limited.

Marie said:
I wonder if they were able to recover a bullet and test it against Caledonia JD? Or if they even know what type of gun was used in the Middlesex JD murder?

From the newspaper article I linked:
A slug from the murder weapon — a .38-caliber handgun — was tested against hundreds of others fired from guns seized by police as far away as Europe and Mexico, but to no avail.
The murder weapon in the Caledonia Jane Doe case was a .38 caliber - probably a revolver. "Cali" was shot in the back first, then in the temple.

I do not know what caliber weapon was used to shoot the Middlesex Jane Doe, but she was shot in the back of the head. The coroner could have determined the caliber of slug based on the entrance wound in the skull, or he may have actually recovered a slug.

I once did a sort on types of handguns used on Unidentified Victims listed in the Doenetwork. The majority of victims were shot with "small caliber" weapons like .22, .25, 9mm, or .32 pistols. Relatively few were shot with "large caliber" pistols, such as a .38, .357Magnum, .44 or .45.

A big question in my mind would be whether or not a slug was recovered with the Middlesex Jane Doe, and if so, was it compared with the slug found in "Cali"?

I have a feeling Alma didn't go missing on 1/1/80...she was reported missing by her boyfriend with whom she was living with (this girl was 14 and not living with her family??!). I'd really love to know the date that her family last had contact with her (not her boyfriend). I think the boyfriend is trying to cover something up.

I was wondering that too. I remember it was my favorite store, but a little "grown-up" for me at the time...and the Limited is all I could come up with. The reason I remember it at all is that I wore it on my first date--Ninth grade Homecoming, and there are pictures. (If it would help case, I could try to track it down...I did go as far as looking up the mall, and found it has closed...but I think by now authorities probably know the necklace was widely available, and that's the main thing.)

the Limited stores have been around for quite a while, I shopped there in Minneapolis with my sister around the time of the late 70's. I still have a necklace with white mother of pearl birds. Most of the stores were in larger malls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limited

Do you feel that this girl may have been a runaway from somewhere in the south?

For what it is worth, I actually had this necklace also (still do I believe boxed away). I was born in 78 though and pretty sure I didn't get it until I was prolly 7 or 8. Mine has that screw type of clasp which is what I think the one in the picture has. I do not remember where I got this necklace. If I had to guess I'd say Mexico right on the border edge. I have family in the USA that use to always send us gifts from that area. But also..those border stands are not uncommon items either.

I don't think her hair in the picture looks right. It should be with her bangs down blown to one side or the other "feathered look" . I can't remember anyone wearing their hair up like that on the top of her head. That was't in style. Look up the movie "Little Darlings" it came out in 1980 but the hairstyle is still the same.

It looks like she has 2 cowlicks also. I didn't read that in her description , maybe I missed it.

Her jewelry doesn't seem uncommon to me either. Thats what people wore back then, Indian Jewelry and feather clips and earrings. They sold all that stuff at a store called "The Meyer House" in New Foundland , N.J. , you could also get it on the Boardwalk.

Her pants ,the tan cords were in style at that time. They were probably Levi's or Lee.
I was 14 in 1979 and I wore cords and matching colored plaid shirt of some sort. Indian Jewelry wasn't uncommon , it was in style because it was considered "cool". So was her shoes. They called them Earth shoes or Moon shoes.
So, if they fix her hair it my help someone recognize her.
Here's a link to see the hairstyles

http://www.anzwers.org/free/lisafashion/70sfashion2.html

here's another link about the jewerly

http://generationjones.com/files/zone/seventy/sevend.htm

Eisbar said:
What do you think about this one? Alma Violet Root. Just looked as if it could be similar nose and jaw bones
I passed your suggestion on to the detective in charge of Cali's case. He got a fax of Alma's dental records to compare with Cali's teeth. Not a match, unfortunately.

Did anyone notice that Monica's file was removed from doenetwork and the mexican website? It just seems like odd timeing concidering the new pollen evidence and the fact that her file was brought to the attention of the people still wroking Cali's case. I hope that this is a good lead into Cali's idenity or that the lead about Monica at the very least turned up her wearabouts if she isn;t indeed Cali.

We just recieved word that Anna Christian Waters has been officially ruled out as a match. I didn't think that she was a good possibility, but a distant relative of Anna's who lives near where this JD was found thought that she may be a match and forwarded the relevant info. After discovering inconsistencies between Anna and the JD, LE has ruled her out.

Mark Franzeo said:
Did anyone notice that Monica's file was removed from doenetwork and the mexican website? It just seems like odd timeing concidering the new pollen evidence and the fact that her file was brought to the attention of the people still wroking Cali's case. I hope that this is a good lead into Cali's idenity or that the lead about Monica at the very least turned up her wearabouts if she isn;t indeed Cali.
Just to let you all know Sgt Smith and I are still following up on information developed from isotope testing and the pollen. We await results from another test which has the potential to narrow her geographical origin a little. It may even show she did not grow up in the US or Mexico. Jane Doe's mitochrondrial DNA has also been submitted to the new missing persons DNA database in Texas which will allow a match from any maternal relative should any be found.

Mark Franzeo said:
This is going to sound stupid i know. Cali has highlights in her hair. monica's hair looks very dark. Monica's hair wouldn't "lift" to such a blond color like Cali had. usually you would get a yellow/orange tone or it won't go past a light brown. that of course shouldn't rule her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8