Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really interesting about the cow's milk not being tolerated well by Native Americans because I have never been able to tolerate it, even had to have soy formula as a baby, and most of my relatives can't drink it either. One of my great-grandmothers was full Cherokee and the other great-grandmother was half Cherokee. My allergist says I test positive for milk allergy, however I can have it in processed form like cheese, but not ice cream or cottage cheese, etc. He says it's not really lactose intolerance but an actual allergy to the milk protein, casein..

It really is! My son had to drink Prosobe(sp) as a infant. Soy milk.

RSBM/BBM: The harder the cheese, the longer it sits- and the more the sodium caseinate breaks down. Lactose is milk sugar- and I can tolerate that, as well as whey, the other protein found in cows' milk- but I have never eaten either in any quanity to see if their was a limit to my tolerance of them.
About 70% of NA are allergic

Among Caucasians (including Indians) the incidence of milk protein allergies is high while among the Mongolian races and African races, lactose intolerance is more common. Lactase is of no benefit when the allergy is to milk protein.

http://www.drmanik.com/Milk allergy.htm

With "Baby Hope", after years of investigating all it took was the right person seeing her poster. The baby hope posters were posted all around the neighborhood where she was found. I think it'd be a great idea to pinpoint all of the most likely locations where she was from, and then get posters posted all around those areas.

Since she was possibly from Phoenix, or southern California, I think it would be a good idea to get people in those areas to put up new posters featuring her reconstruction. It sounds like she probably wasn't from New York, but I also think they should put posters up in the area where her body was found also. If this girl had no dental work and was unreported missing, then one of the only hopes we have is somebody recognizing her. I think we should try to get people in those areas to spread the word out about her.

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've thought a lot of Cali during her death month.

I would like to see the photos of her at the autopsy. I've seen the retouched one giving her back her eye, as well as the side profile.

There is another one where she is resting her head on her right shoulder. I saw it once, but cannot find it. I would like to see it again. Does anyone have it? I felt that it captured a side of her that others might recognize if it were published.

I'd also like to see the unretouched autopsy photos. Does anyone have them? I would like to go through missing persons again and I'd like to see her face without any retouching. I know she's got a gun shot wound, but I would feel more confident in my search if I had it. Looking at something new with fresh eyes.

Finally, does anyone have close ups of her at the crime scene? Just seeing her whole body clothed might give a clue as to who she was, maybe in a yearbook or something.

I would appreciate any help I can get!

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've thought a lot of Cali during her death month.

I would like to see the photos of her at the autopsy. I've seen the retouched one giving her back her eye, as well as the side profile.

There is another one where she is resting her head on her right shoulder. I saw it once, but cannot find it. I would like to see it again. Does anyone have it? I felt that it captured a side of her that others might recognize if it were published.

I'd also like to see the unretouched autopsy photos. Does anyone have them? I would like to go through missing persons again and I'd like to see her face without any retouching. I know she's got a gun shot wound, but I would feel more confident in my search if I had it. Looking at something new with fresh eyes.

Finally, does anyone have close ups of her at the crime scene? Just seeing her whole body clothed might give a clue as to who she was, maybe in a yearbook or something.

I would appreciate any help I can get!

You can find the pic of her with her head on her shoulder if you Google Image "caledonia Jane doe"--it's from a FB page for her. The same search pulls up the crime scene pics (although they are from a distance, you can see her position and clothing). Those are on Documenting Reality. Not sure if it's okay to link those here, but they are in the first 30 or so image results.

For what it's worth....

I've lived in Northern Illinois my whole life. Went to University in a very rural area. I JUST learned this year that most of the corn grown in the midwest is not intended for consumption, it is intended for creating ethanol. I don't have exact numbers and have no idea if the corn belt states eat more corn than others but it may be useful information so I figured I'd share.

You can find the pic of her with her head on her shoulder if you Google Image "caledonia Jane doe"--it's from a FB page for her. The same search pulls up the crime scene pics (although they are from a distance, you can see her position and clothing). Those are on Documenting Reality. Not sure if it's okay to link those here, but they are in the first 30 or so image results.

Pics are also on 1979 Caledonia NY Jane Doe Unidentified Teen FB page

RULED OUT by NamUs 23
10/3/2013
27 October 2013 at 09:21

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida

Lisa Borden 1960 Texas

Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana

Diane Genice Dye, CA Namus MP# 4020 (dentals 2/13/13)

Margaret Kay Hoist Nebraska MP# 1970 (DNA 2/13/13)

Eileen Hynson 1957 California

Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland (DNA 3/2013)

Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland

Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware

Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois

Angela Meeker 1965 Washington

Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia

Sherry Pickle Idaho MP# 6528 (DNA 2/13/13)

Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida

Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia

Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts

Diane Schulte Idaho MP#2065 (dentals 2/13/13)

Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas

Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut

Sarah Tokier 1960 California

Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota

Anna Waters 1967 California

Christina White 1967 Washington

April Zane 1960 Illinois

Karen Zendrowsky 1963 NJ

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583

O'Dina Jeannette Lucero of Roswell, Chavez County, New Mexico
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15070/7/
No dentals,DNA, or picture entered in here on NamUs. Statistics match up fairly well and she dissappeared in New Mexico, which is one of the areas pollen samples showed Cali posibly coming to New York from.

O'Dina Jeannette Lucero of Roswell, Chavez County, New Mexico
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15070/7/
No dentals,DNA, or picture entered in here on NamUs. Statistics match up fairly well and she dissappeared in New Mexico, which is one of the areas pollen samples showed Cali posibly coming to New York from.

Check this out. In her WS thread, Carl mentions that O'Dina is/was being looked at as a PM for Cali. Not clear if there's been any progress on that. Wish we had a pic!

NM NM - O'Dina Jeanette Lucero, 18, Roswell, 10-Aug-1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The negative on O'Dina is that she supposedly had a capped tooth. If so, she would not be Cali because Cali had no dental work. Nevertheless, I wish we could find a photo of her.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Half of those scars sound like the result of a procedure. Perhaps some obsolete procedure.

How about some sort of external brace for a compound fracture, that might leave small scars where the screws go though the skin? If you google image search "external fixator" you'll find plenty of images of the sort of thing I mean, but be warned they are very graphic and gory.

I guess nowadays it is standard to scan or xray people in autopsies. Back in 1980 maybe not so much? Quite serious previous fractures could be missed if there was no outward sign of them.

here's the wiki page for external fixation, if you want something a little more subdued than an images search
External fixation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks to those who posted links to Cali's facebook page and tipped me off to Documenting Reality.

Looking at her side profile, I got the hunch that she has some Hispanic/Latina and/or Native American in her BUT I doubt it. Her blood type (A neg) is not very common in Native Americans. And although she NOW appears Hispanic to me, the Red Cross states that only 2% of Hispanics have A neg. Sooo, she is probably mostly Caucasian- (7% of Caucasians have A-neg)

Looking at the whole Rh-neg significance, Rh-neg is very common among Basque people. This might sound off the wall, but maybe she's of Basque ancestry??? Who knows what distant relatives we will find if we can submit her DNA profile to one of those websites. (Here's why the Basque thing is important to me- it's because I've also wondered if she's French-Canadian. It can be easy to find French-Canadian heritage if you know where to look. My husband's family did it, and they found out they've also got Basque mixed in with the French.)

Also, we've thought maybe she was part of a migrant family. What if she's of Gypsy (Roma) or Irish Traveller heritage? Thus, she may not have stayed in one place for too long. Even if she went to school, she may have bounced from school to school as the family moved; thus no one else really got to know her.

How about Amish? Maybe she left the community and because they really don't use technology, no one knows what happened? Maybe she was on Rumspriga, or maybe she returned from Rumspriga and decided she didn't want to be Amish. Let me see the incidence of Amish in the Southwest and get back to you all.

I have to agree with so many on this one....I do not think we will find little Cali in any MP database. Unless she is hidden among those who have no pic, or unless she is sitting on some individual state database somewhere and has been overlooked when the listings were transferred to national systems.
That being said, I do not think anybody will give up until we know her name.....to many have worked to hard for so many years......so hang on Cali, we are still searching for the answers.....

I would like to contact Law Enforcement about sending her flyers to the Amish community. They've sent her flyers to churches in the Southwest, so maybe send to the Amish communities. I will see if it's possible, and also if it's appropriate in Amish culture.

This is another map of Amish communities, pre- and post-1990.
http://digitalunion.osu.edu/r2/summer07/eellis/

Pre-1990 communities still current and relevant to Cali:
NY
NC
FL
TX
OK

There are also extinct communities from Cali's possible regions; however, I do not know when the communities went extinct.
NC
SC
GA
FL
MISS
Lousiana
ARK
TX
AZ
California

Status
Not open for further replies.