NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to post this. Selling the paintings could have been the way to raise the money for the drugs.

Matts TOX hasn't been released. But, IMO no user would plan his escape and withdrawal at the same time. JMO

maybe he didn`t plan to go through withdrawal - maybe he planned to be in Mexico where he could get drugs

although I don`t personally think that either one of them was on heroin

CNN - Jean Casarez just said Sweat told LE today that Palmer didn't know abut the escape, only Tillie. Not sure if that had been known before I got back here or not - didn't notice it mentioned though.

Okay, so let's say Palmer didn't know about the escape, but what about the drug ring? He was a CO assigned to the honor block. Was he the one who moved Matt and Sweat's cells next to each other (allegedly at Tillie's request) so the business partners could conduct "business" easier by having adjacent cells? His involvement has to run deeper IMO, even if he truly didn't know about the escape per se (which I'm not sure yet I believe).

I think his involvement is not in the escape it's in the drug dealing...remember his former atty kept saying that Palmer passed the lie detector test when asked about the prison escape, he never said that he passed the lie detector test itself.

maybe he didn`t plan to go through withdrawal - maybe he planned to be in Mexico where he could get drugs

although I don`t personally think that either one of them were on heroin

I don't know if they were are weren't I don't know much about heroin except the withdrawals are really bad and thats one reason folks keep doing it. But also Tillie was supposed to meet them maybe she was to bring some?

I can see drugs getting in thru painting supplies etc. but not understanding why the drugs would be smuggled out of the prison?

My point was not that the escapes were similar - it was that using this event to boast that "my state is so much better than your state" is in poor taste. Bad things happen in every state, so do beautiful things, we are all human.

Minnesota is the best though. Sorry. But that is just the way it is. We try to be humble about it being Scandinavian and reticent, but sometimes we have to brag.

So, them just happening upon the Mobil station near Palmer's home was just a coincidence? JMO

I think his involvement is not in the escape it's in the drug dealing...remember his former atty kept saying that Palmer passed the lie detector test when asked about the prison escape, he never said that he passed the lie detector test itself.

I`m surprised he took a lie detector test. That`s one thing that might point to him being an innocent dupe (aside from the `looking the other way & not doing his job properly`thing).

Well they really messed it up for the others that were on honor block according to CNN...

"After the escape, the honor block at Clinton was shut down and turned into a regular cell block, a source with detailed knowledge of the facility told CNN last week".

No more hamburgers.

Every single time I go out! :gaah:

Well I guess I can finally submit my own speculation as to why they would help these guys to escape:

They weren't supposed to escape. They were supposed to go out just for the night and come back in after meeting some of Matt's drug cartel contacts from his time in Mexico (he was shipped back to the US with one, even) - they were motivated by greed because of their part in the heroin ring. Really thought the guys would come back - they probably had gone out and back a few times in days leading up to this as LE has come out and said it appeared they'd rehearsed the escape a few times at least.

Just a thought added to the pile of "why would they help?" speculations.
You might be on to something. Perhaps the steam pipe with the professional cut was one way that drugs were smuggled into the prison.

Minnesota is the best though. Sorry. But that is just the way it is. We try to be humble about it being Scandinavian and reticent, but sometimes we have to brag.

actually, Canada`s better - that`s why the escaped fugitives wanted to come here :laughing::drumroll:

I agree. He maybe had a good gig going and if these 2 did escape maybe his part in something would have ended. I dont think he was part of the great escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member