NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don`t think they would be. Did someone say they would beÉ

oh I think I know what you`re referring to - the burned paintings right

yeah, it only makes sense if Palmer was smuggling those into the prison and he told LE that they were gifts from the prisoners

actually, Canada`s better - that`s why the escaped fugitives wanted to come here :laughing::drumroll:

LOL yeah likely thought oh they will only kill us with kindness. Lordy LOL

I agree. He maybe had a good gig going and if these 2 did escape maybe his part in something would have ended. I dont think he was part of the great escape.

He said he did them favors for other inmate information....well, whatever came of that? JMO

" NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y. - Local police investigators who led the case against Richard Matt, back in 1997, feared for their safety when they heard he escaped from prison three weeks ago.

Gabriel Di Bernardo is one of those investigators. About 17 years ago, Di Bernardo was the chief of detectives with the North Tonawanda Police Department. He was part of the investigation into Matt, which led to Matt's murder conviction for killing his boss in 1997."

<snip>

"After 17 years, I want to tell you know, true justice has finally been served and it's been served with a bullet and Richard Matt earned that bullet." "

<snip>

"Here's proof of just how personal Di Bernardo takes the Richard Matt case. He keeps some investigative documents in a binder, along with newspaper clippings documenting the Matt case. Di Bernardo can rest a bit easier after adding an article from Monday's Buffalo News, with the headline saying the nightmare is over. "

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/29/richard-matt-killed/29487287/

I think his involvement is not in the escape it's in the drug dealing...remember his former atty kept saying that Palmer passed the lie detector test when asked about the prison escape, he never said that he passed the lie detector test itself.

He actually said he passed the lie detector test regarding knowing about the tools inside the meat, but he did also step down as his attorney saying he needed a larger firm with more resources. If Palmer was dealing drugs, that first lawyer was not at all qualified to represent him.

So yes, his involvement may have solely been in the drug dealing. It would explain him giving them a screwdriver and pliers...to put the drugs within the frames maybe.

Okay, so let's say Palmer didn't know about the escape, but what about the drug ring? He was a CO assigned to the honor block. Was he the one who moved Matt and Sweat's cells next to each other (allegedly at Tillie's request) so the business partners could conduct "business" easier by having adjacent cells? His involvement has to run deeper IMO, even if he truly didn't know about the escape per se (which I'm not sure yet I believe).
His excuse of doing favors for Matt & Sweat to find out info about other prisoners sure seems like just an "excuse" now when you hear about all the illegal drug usage going on.

You might be on to something. Perhaps the steam pipe with the professional cut was one way that drugs were smuggled into the prison.

and I never bought the story that the manhole cover was locked from the inside, how would a road worker get access to the sewer w/o going through the prison just like M and S did? maybe that is exactly how all kinds of stuff is shipped in to the place..

oh I think I know what you`re referring to - the burned paintings right

yeah, it only makes sense if Palmer was smuggling those into the prison and he told LE that they were gifts from the prisoners

I am not sure about Palmer yet. He already admitted to letting them go to the catwalk on occasion. And burning the paintings and burying others seems extreme. I dont know what to think about him yet.

He was obviously worried about something. Maybe just because he wasnt supposed to exchange anything with prisoners.

If Paintings were used to smuggle drugs into the prison, I would think the frames need to be looked out since probably only the frames were going into the prison.

And maybe coming out was the paintings for the "payment".

If the frames still have a hollowed out portion maybe that is what he is worried about.

I would think accepting anything from an inmate wouldn't be allowed and I think giving anything to an inmate wouldn't be allowed either. And if it is they should change that I think.

Maybe drugs could be the reason that Palmer has energy...at his age...to work overtime...visit his wife everyday...plays lead vocalist in a band...and don't forget his girlfriend.

He actually said he passed the lie detector test regarding knowing about the tools inside the meat, but he did also step down as his attorney saying he needed a larger firm with more resources. If Palmer was dealing drugs, that first lawyer was not at all qualified to represent him.

So yes, his involvement may have solely been in the drug dealing. It would explain him giving them a screwdriver and pliers...to put the drugs within the frames maybe.

Good point. I would love to look at the back where the mounting was. Maybe a bracket was placed over the hollowed out area and it took the screwdriver to remove the bracket.

Even a small hollowed out area could hide quite a bit of drugs.

He could have used oversized mountain plates to hide quite a bit.
And sometimes the corners of the wood on the back have extra wood in place to support the frame.

I want to see those frames of each and every one. LOL

They went one block in that pipe, Can you even imagine it?

Anyway, with the Prison Break movie posted a few posts earlier, they really brought home the infirmation that the prison is a maze. How did they know where all of these pipes went and how they worked in the system? Someone with a lot of knowledge had to tell them.

I wonder if they bonded with some workmen?

The brutality of Sweat and Matt really comes out in that film. Monsters. Matt was a real evil ine. He lived to hurt and kill.

Maybe drugs could be the reason that Palmer has energy...at his age...to work overtime...visit his wife everyday...plays lead vocalist in a band...and don't forget his girlfriend.

Oh wow. I forgot he is in a band.

I dont mean to stereotype anyone at all and I even have an electric guitar myself.

But with him being in a band, he could be likely candidate for knowing how to get drugs.

If heroin is the drug, then no. It makes you fall asleep.

He is really red. Sunburn or high blood pressure?

If heroin is the drug, then no. It makes you fall asleep.

He is really red. Sunburn or high blood pressure?

Some people manage to dabble in the drug trade just for money profit and dont take the drugs themselves. Its probably very difficult not to partake of the product but there are some that can do that. So maybe he was one of the types that just dabbled in the money side of things.

Had Sweat made it to Quebec that would have been interesting as to how he would get around, communicate. He would have stuck out like a sore thumb not knowing the language. I cant speak to all of Quebec but the few places I have all did not speak any English and there was not one sign in English. Here in Ontario we take french from kindergarten until grade 9. Our signs (highways) have both English and French. Maybe the honor block taught french? LOL

Had Sweat made it to Quebec that would have been interesting as to how he would get around, communicate. He would have stuck out like a sore thumb not knowing the language. I cant speak to all of Quebec but the few places I have all did not speak any English and there was not one sign in English. Here in Ontario we take french from kindergarten until grade 9. Our signs (highways) have both English and French. Maybe the honor block taught french? LOL

LOL

Yeah I went to Montreal once and i was a fish out of water. LOL
Nobody told me they speak French up there. LOL

The worse part was when I was on the highway in my rental car and the speed limit sign went to KMH. I had no clue what to do so ended up driving so slow people were honking at me as they flew by. LOL.

Then when I finally got to motel. The clerk who spoke both French and English asked if I looked closer at the speedometer as sometimes there is markings for both KMH and MPH.

I went out to look and I needed someone badly at that moment to kick me.
I felt like such a fool not seeing those other markings for the whole trip to Montreal after I crossed the border.

LOL

Yeah I went to Montreal once and i was a fish out of water. LOL
Nobody told me they speak French up there. LOL

The worse part was when I was on the highway in my rental car and the speed limit sign went to KMH. I had no clue what to do so ended up driving so slow people were honking at me as they flew by. LOL.

Then when I finally got to motel. The clerk who spoke both French and English asked if I looked closer at the speedometer as sometimes there is markings for both KMH and MPH.

I went out to look and I needed someone badly at that moment to kick me.
I felt like such a fool not seeing those other markings for the whole trip to Montreal after I crossed the border.

LOL I hear ya. We are KMH too and sometimes when I drive in the States I cant figure out why folks are passing me. Then it kicks in LOL Grocery stores were fun In Quebec as nobody spoke English and I was trying, throwing in some sign language and a bit of Spanish. It was a hot mess LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx