NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't finished reading the thread, so be kind if this has already been pointed out! This looks SO much like a Thomas Kincade painting. Paint-by-number Thomas Kincade kits are available. I did a quick search and didn't see this one...but this is SO similar to TK paintings. I guess I'm wondering if Sweat wasn't as much an "artist" as it appears.

Even if that's a paint by number, I could never make it look like that. IMO it's still talent, but nonetheless I swear I've seen that same picture at ACMoore or something. JMO

I tried going through this thread while on break last night so I'm late in posting, but I don't believe that Sweat and Matt were going to Mexico. I'm calling BS on him. End of rant. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626
"In the time I spent in prison in Mexico, I was tortured, starved and beaten many times to say the least, just because I was an American,” Matt said in a handwritten note he sent to a Niagara County judge in 2008. “I was hung from a wooden beam by my hands & razor cut over 90 times & beaten until I passed out. I have all of the scars to prove it.”

In his eight-page handwritten letter to Judge Sara Sheldon, Matt also complained that Mexican authorities wrongly convicted him of murdering Perrault. He told Sheldon he was acting in self-defense after Perrault came at him with a knife in the men’s room of the strip club."

G
That looks like something by Thomas Kincaid -- the paintings are a bit fussy for my taste, unless on greeting cards or something. But Sweat definitely has talent, and must have had some training in art. His other painting that I saw was a girl w/ horse and beautiful landscape.

Yes, he may have some talent or paint by numbers!

Well, maybe he'll be doing a lot of painting in his solitary cell as it sounds like there won't be much else. Although he won't be able to purchase supplies for his art as he will no longer be able to sell/trade/barter. From what I have heard, he didn't have visitors leaving money in his account, so the commissary is out.

Has anyone wondered where CNN is finding all these released prisoners they are interviewing? Did they get a list & are calling all of them or are the released ones calling CNN? Do they pay them?

"By talking to people in Texas law enforcement, my guys learned that Rick Matt was burned with cigarettes. We learned that Matt had alleged that, at one point, the Mexican guards held him down on a table while someone tattooed ‘Mexico Forever’ in big letters on his back,” DiBernardo said. “It was our understanding that they don’t like Americans down there in the prison where he was held. From everything we heard, we do believe he was abused down there.”

Matt did have a “Mexico Forever” tattoo on his back, and also numerous scars on his body, State Police said."
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626

Another snip from above cited article. Looks like the 'Mexico Forever' tattoo was definitely not Matt's idea.

Has anyone wondered where CNN is finding all these released prisoners they are interviewing? Did they get a list & are calling all of them or are the released ones calling CNN? Do they pay them?

Erik Jensen has been putting himself out there since before this case IIRC, and there's another one they call the Club Killer (Michael Alig I think?) who writes a blog about cases and was vocal about this one on his blog from the start - IMO those two are all they needed and they were already vocal and putting themselves out there so CNN acted quick to get them as continual commentators.

JMO, haven't seen any others but these two but I don't watch this 24/7, more like 16/7 LOL

"By talking to people in Texas law enforcement, my guys learned that Rick Matt was burned with cigarettes. We learned that Matt had alleged that, at one point, the Mexican guards held him down on a table while someone tattooed ‘Mexico Forever’ in big letters on his back,” DiBernardo said. “It was our understanding that they don’t like Americans down there in the prison where he was held. From everything we heard, we do believe he was abused down there.”

Matt did have a “Mexico Forever” tattoo on his back, and also numerous scars on his body, State Police said."
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626

Another snip from above cited article. Looks like the 'Mexico Forever' tattoo was definitely not Matt's idea.

They also knocked out his teeth which is why he was returned with metal ones.

Can anyone please explain to me the significance
of killing the husband?

WHY?

He wasn't even involved.

CNN's Sarah Gannon just said he will likely spend the rest of his life in 24/7 solitary.

No. Wrong.

There is no 24/7 solitary. There is 23/7 solitary. And he's facing 7 years of it approx (up to 13 depending on the source). Not the rest of his life.

They also knocked out his teeth which is why he was returned with metal ones.
I have wondered all along how he thought he would be able to blend in anywhere he ran off to with those distinctive teeth.

of killing the husband?

WHY?

He wasn't even involved.

It was reported early on all over the internet that it was a "murder for hire" plot. This implies that Tillie supplied them with something in exchange for this being done. So it was Tillie's idea, she wanted Lyle dead so she could run away with them. IMO she lied to try to save herself by saying "oh but I didn't want him dead so they said well give him pills". BS.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/da_joyce_mitchell_murder-for-hire_prison_escape.html

"DA confirms Joyce Mitchell discussed murder-for-hire plot with escaped inmates

A prison worker charged with helping two convicted murderers escape from a maximum-security facility had discussed with them a murder-for-hire plot involving her husband, a district attorney confirmed Wednesday.

Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie said at a news conference that Joyce Mitchell talked to inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat about the possibility of them killing her husband, Lyle."

----------
http://7online.com/news/officials-murder-for-hire-plot-connected-to-prison-escape/792075/

"Officials: Murder-for-hire plot connected to New York prison escape"

<snip>

"Authorities have said Mitchell, who got close to the men while working with them in the prison tailor shop, discussed killing her husband.

"Joyce Mitchell tells us that was discussed between her and Matt and that upon their escape, they were going to return back to Joyce Mitchell's home at which time Matt and Sweat were going to kill her husband," said Andrew Wylie, Clinton County district attorney."

CNN Live:

Yes, that was plan>to run to Mexico w/Joyce after murdering her husband

As female criminologist said last nite on CNN, Sweat's major prob now is to avoid being killed by COs. Set up by COs in the next max facility. Yes, she said that.

IMO, of course, Sweat is Not going to reveal that Palmer nor any other CO knew about their escape plans. As we learned right out of the gate from DA Wylie and Gov Cuomo, a menopausal civilian seamstress is the real criminal here

Wait, Peter Dumas is Lyles' attorney, and Jeff Dumas is CNN's regular guest speaker and ex-Clinton Correctional Facility Sergeant?

Any relation I wonder?

It was reported early on all over the internet that it was a "murder for hire" plot. This implies that Tillie supplied them with something in exchange for this being done. So it was Tillie's idea, she wanted Lyle dead so she could run away with them. IMO she lied to try to save herself by saying "oh but I didn't want him dead so they said well give him pills". BS.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/da_joyce_mitchell_murder-for-hire_prison_escape.html

"DA confirms Joyce Mitchell discussed murder-for-hire plot with escaped inmates

A prison worker charged with helping two convicted murderers escape from a maximum-security facility had discussed with them a murder-for-hire plot involving her husband, a district attorney confirmed Wednesday.

Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie said at a news conference that Joyce Mitchell talked to inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat about the possibility of them killing her husband, Lyle."

----------
http://7online.com/news/officials-murder-for-hire-plot-connected-to-prison-escape/792075/

"Officials: Murder-for-hire plot connected to New York prison escape"

<snip>

"Authorities have said Mitchell, who got close to the men while working with them in the prison tailor shop, discussed killing her husband.

"Joyce Mitchell tells us that was discussed between her and Matt and that upon their escape, they were going to return back to Joyce Mitchell's home at which time Matt and Sweat were going to kill her husband," said Andrew Wylie, Clinton County district attorney."

Thank you. Joycie is a really really really sick woman. Wow.

of killing the husband?

WHY?

He wasn't even involved.

BC Tillie was in love with both of the inmates. Some sort of polyamorous relationship between the 2 cons and the seamstress

and BC the DA and Gov say so: Tillie plotted to have her husband murdered so she could spend the rest of her life on the run in towns in Mexico, scrounging for food, cleaning, constantly looking over her shoulder, cooking, learning Spanish and having loads of sex with both cons

Did Palmer know about the escape plans? Were other CO’s involved? My guess as to what the FBI investigation will conclude (broadly):

1. That Tillie was the only prison employee with direct knowledge & involvement in their plans for escape.

2. That Palmer is the only CO directly involved in the escape, and it can’t be proven that he knew of the escape plan itself, or that he intentionally provided assistance.

3. That the CO’s on Clinton’s ex-“Honor” Block (at least) were indirectly responsible for the escape because of the culture of corruption (at least) flourishing there. The corruption was pervasive and included: CO’s bringing in contraband, illegal sale of contraband to inmates, routine violations of multiple facility security systems, including bypassing checkpoints for CO’s and sloppy, completely ineffectual inmate bed checks.

4. That culture of corruption both contributed to and resulted from a breakdown in appropriate institutional boundaries between guards and guarded. (Example include the alleged casual conversations that took place for over a year between the escapees and CO’s about hunting cabins/terrain, CO’s accepting “gifts” from inmates, and inmates receiving “gifts” from CO’s).

5. The pervasiveness of the corruption at Clinton is suggested by the (apparent) fact that either no CO’s reported the numerous violations (and possibly crimes) by other CO’s on the Block, or, reports were made to the Warden but he took no action against the involved CO’s, nor to correct the systematic problems on the Block.

6. Conclusion: Sweat and Matt could not have escaped had it not been for the corruption and indifference to corruption of Clinton’s CO’s, and the failure of the facility’s management to provide effective oversight.

(I think some of this may have been inside the quote box in the post where this link was provided but for some reason I have a harder time reading stuff inside the quote boxes, so I'm always thankful that usually quotes are of something that's already been posted here and I"ve already read once. This is not a complaint just explaining that I realize some might be repeated but despite being "only" 42 I"m on my way to going blind from glaucoma so some things just are difficult (my eyes are still 20/20 but there are other difficulties around the peripheral vision and with certain colors, saturation, etc). No idea why quoted stuff is tough for me. Same with things in ALL bold/caps. Just a global FYI and acknowledgment that I *do* read previous posts but I think I missed stuff in at least one. Ok I'm rambling, need :coffee: :coffee: )

RSBM

I saw the post you're referring to and just wanted to say if the 10% copywrite rule is followed, reading quoted articles within a quote box is less burdensome.

That said, I have always quoted articles within a quote box but I don't know why! It prevents others from replying to the post and commenting on something specific written in the quoted article..so I will stop doing that. :)

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/binghamt...tarsia-speaks-out-about-brother-s-killer.html

"BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. -- He raised his horse, lives in his house, and passes that awful place everyday. Steven Tarsia is constantly reminded of his lost brother and friend.

"It's very hard driving by here, seeing it all the time and knowing what happened to him," said Steven.

It was at the Grange Hall Park in Kirkwood where David Sweat shot and killed Deputy Kevin Tarsia. That's why every year on the 4th of July that is where Kevin's family comes to decorate, and remember their loved one.

"I wish they can get the information out of him and have him not make it. I'd be happy," he said.

Back in 2002 when his brother was brutally killed, he and his family wanted Sweat to get the death penalty.

"We were told he would look at cells the whole time and that's all he would ever do, look at a cells, walls, come out for a half an hour a day and put in a cage like a dog, which he is," Steven said.

But that's not what happened. In fact, Sweat was on the 'honor block' for his good behavior.

"He was able to use his computer, talk to his friends, relatives, have people come see him and that really really ate us up on that," said Steven.

Then he got about three weeks of freedom after he escaped from a correctional facility in the North country earlier this month. Steven said there's just no outcome that would have made him truly happy.

"If they would have killed him, it still wouldn't have brought Kevin back.""

RSBM

I saw the post you're referring to and just wanted to say if the 10% copywrite rule is followed, reading quoted articles within a quote box is less burdensome.

That said, I have always quoted articles within a quote box but I don't know why! It prevents others from replying to the post and commenting on something specific written in the quoted article..so I will stop doing that. :)

:)

I don't expect anything to change because of me, and wouldn't ask for it to (I used to put quotes into quote boxes as well, that IS what a quote box is for after all - quoting stuff), just wanted to explain that I do read all the posts but just kept finding my eyes going blurry and skimming earlier before coffee, and didn't want anyone to call me out on it. :)

Thank you for the kind commentary, etc. You guys/gals are always so awesome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!