NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No time to adequately catch up as I post here from Italy! I'm beyond thrilled that Sweat was caught!! Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous! Have a wonderful trip.

Also, from your link:

The dramatic developments came a day after the FBI launched an investigation into a possible heroin ring at the prison — and after Gov. Cuomo downplayed any failure at the prison Richard Matt and David Sweat busted out of on June 6.

“It's clearly not a facility that is highly problematic,” he said.
"I would take the record of one escape every 100 years if we could get that guarantee right now...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/prison-warden-leave-david-sweat-capture-article-1.2276282

And there have been others that have been trying to sell that ^^ to the public as well with the aid of the media imo

Also, from your link:

The dramatic developments came a day after the FBI launched an investigation into a possible heroin ring at the prison — and after Gov. Cuomo downplayed any failure at the prison Richard Matt and David Sweat busted out of on June 6.

“It's clearly not a facility that is highly problematic,” he said.
"I would take the record of one escape every 100 years if we could get that guarantee right now...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/prison-warden-leave-david-sweat-capture-article-1.2276282

And there have been others that have been trying to sell that ^^ to the public as well with the aid of the media imo
Hey... IKN, but I'm feeling like this heroin drug ring is some kind of deflection,(coming from Como) to change the direction from the escape plan and who helped.

I would like to know how DS got into RM's cell at night (to crawl through his cutout behind bed) aren't their cells locked at night? also, they had to of had a map...? and I don't believe the tool box was left from a contractor .... that sounds ridiculous to me. (JMO)

Real secure prison! Sweat & Matt probably didn't even need to break out, reads like they possibly could have walked out of the door. We can thank them that their break out became a real revelation of thhe crooked inter-workings and will be used for good.

Hey... IKN, but I'm feeling like this heroine drug ring is some kind of deflection,(coming from Como) to change the direction from the escape plan and who helped.

I would like to know how DS got into RM's cell at night (to crawl through his cutout behind bed) aren't their cells locked at night? also, they had to of had a map...? and I don't believe the tool box was left from a contractor .... that sounds ridiculous to me. (JMO)

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm having a problem with Sweat claiming no one but Tillie assisted in the escape but here's some crazy drug corruption info for you. Maybe the two are related but it almost seems like a red herring to take the focus off how they really escaped and what the real plan was.

sorry, but I'm flabbergasted he was hired by a max security prison (lol) in any capacity.

At $57,000 a year. Not bad pay, I feel.

In articles posted above, it is said CO's make like $24,000 a year. Can that be true?

"12 more Clinton Correctional Facility officers placed on leave" Yikes! http://www.wptz.com/news/12-more-clinton-correctional-facility-leaders-placed-on-leave/33849292

"Sources told the Times Union Superintendent Steven Racette and Deputy Superintendent for Security Stephen Brown were among those placed on leave.

The Department of Corrections and Community Supervision said nine nine security staff members were also expected to face administrative charges.

The suspensions happened as a result of the ongoing review of prison procedures after the June 6 escape of David Sweat and Richard Matt.

A spokeswoman said Assistant Commissioner for Correctional Facilities James O'Gorman will oversee the jail in the interim. She said any disciplinary charges would be handled through the officers' union contract."

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm having a problem with Sweat claiming no one but Tillie assisted in the escape but here's some crazy drug corruption info for you. Maybe the two are related but it almost seems like a red herring to take the focus off how they really escaped and what the real plan was.
Hasn't there always been stories of rampant drugs in the prisons? The drugs don't surprise me at all... I want to know about how DS and RM escaped.

Real secure prison! Sweat & Matt probably didn't even need to break out, reads like they possibly could have walked out of the door. We can thank them that their break out became a real revelation of thhe crooked inter-workings and will be used for good.

I'd guess that their plan to escape must have been common knowledge on the "Honor Block," at least among inmates. Next door cell neighbors would have heard enough to guess, and that kind of guessing tends to be whispered and passed along. If that's true, wonder why other inmates didn't demand to be included?

Thinking maybe they thought it over and concluded- nah. Why bother risking being caught and thrown in the hole for years, or spotted on the lam and killed, when they already had all the comforts of home, including special delivery of drugs to their doorstep?

It IS a crime. NY State Penal Law states that a person committed to the care and custody of a correctional facility is incapable of consent. Any employee who has sex with an inmate, even if "consensual" can be charged with rape.

Article 130 - NY Penal Law

S 130.05 Sex offenses; lack of consent.

1. Whether or not specifically stated, it is an element of every
offense defined in this article that the sexual act was committed
without consent of the victim.

3. A person is deemed incapable of consent when he or she is:
(a) less than seventeen years old; or
(b) mentally disabled; or
(c) mentally incapacitated; or
(d) physically helpless; or
(e) committed to the care and custody or supervision of the state
department of corrections and community supervision
or a hospital, as such term is defined in subdivision two of section four hundred of the
correction law, and the actor is an employee who knows or reasonably should know that such person is committed to the care and custody or supervision of such department or hospital. For purposes of this paragraph, "employee" means (i) an employee of the state department of corrections and community supervision who, as part of his or her employment, performs duties: (A) in a state correctional facility in which the victim is confined at the time of the offense consisting of providing custody, medical or mental health services, counseling services, educational programs, vocational training, institutional
parole services or direct supervision to inmates;

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article130.htm#p130.05

Yup they can be charged with rape but idk if a civilian can be charged. We will see!

Old article-

Another NY prison guard charged with raping a inmate.
A female guard at a maximum security prison in the Hudson Valley is also pregnant with the child of an inmate. Tyshinia Love Brewster, like Nancy Gonzalez before her, has been charged with rapebecause an incarcerated person cannot legally give consent. She is six months pregnant.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/02/another-prison-guard-pregnant-with-inmate-kid.html

When CNN was reporting earlier today that both Sweat's & Matt's DNA was found way down in the tunnels of the prison (no surprise), I was wondering if that might mean their DNA was discovered in another passageway, in other tunnels other than those used in the breakout. Meaning some other pathway in the bowels might have been used for bringing drugs into prison IDK

Hey... IKN, but I'm feeling like this heroin drug ring is some kind of deflection,(coming from Como) to change the direction from the escape plan and who helped.

My hubby did work in construction and he has never been in a prison but at a locked mental health facility.

He said when going in, every tool was counted. When going out, every tool was counted.

But who knows at Camp Clinton

I thought Sweat was raised mostly in foster homes? Never mind, I found the link. Kids raised in the turmoil of dysfunctional homes where the parent spends her time drinking and partying are not going to turn out well.

David Sweat grew up in Deposit, N.Y., a speck of a town about 30 miles east of Binghamton, raised mainly by a single mother, Pamela Sweat. He had two sisters.

For a short time, Patricia Desmond and her boyfriend lived with them. “He really wasn’t raised into the best society,” Ms. Desmond said, referring to Mr. Sweat. “We drank a lot, we partied a lot. His life was into turmoil.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

The article in the above link said that Matt's aggressive behavior escalated when he became involved in using drugs... (My own words)...

I would imagine he was continuing to take drugs at Dannemora... He doesn't seem to be a person intent on recovery... JMO...

At $57,000 a year. Not bad pay, I feel.

In articles posted above, it is said CO's make like $24,000 a year. Can that be true?

Palmer was making in the $90s. The link to a website with all the COs annual salaries was posted a while back. I can't remember what site it was though.

has anyone heard from the higher ups? Warden? Isn't that the one who is in charge of everyone?

I am really, really interested in finding out about the warden!

His background history... State of appointment to this post....etc...

JMO

I'd guess that their plan to escape must have been common knowledge on the "Honor Block," at least among inmates. Next door cell neighbors would have heard enough to guess, and that kind of guessing tends to be whispered and passed along. If that's true, wonder why other inmates didn't demand to be included?

Thinking maybe they thought it over and concluded- nah. Why bother risking being caught and thrown in the hole for years, or spotted on the lam and killed, when they already had all the comforts of home, including special delivery of drugs to their doorstep?

Some inmates become institutionalized and actually prefer the predictability of prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics