NY - Congressman George Santos charged with 13 criminal counts, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Former Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., who was expelled from the House of Representatives after being indicted on 23 federal counts including fraud and misusing campaign funds, pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to two of the charges.

The Long Island Republican faces a mandatory two-year minimum sentence after pleading guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft. But Judge Joanna Seybert estimated the term could range from six to eight years behind bars when he is sentenced on Feb. 7, 2025. Santos also agreed to pay nearly $374,000 in restitution.

Former Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., who was expelled from the House of Representatives after being indicted on 23 federal counts including fraud and misusing campaign funds, pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to two of the charges.

The Long Island Republican faces a mandatory two-year minimum sentence after pleading guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft. But Judge Joanna Seybert estimated the term could range from six to eight years behind bars when he is sentenced on Feb. 7, 2025. Santos also agreed to pay nearly $374,000 in restitution.

Prediction: He somehow slips out of the country before Feb. I hope I'm wrong, but the guy is a con artist and I don't trust him.

jmo

A Feb.7, 2025 sentencing is an offensive joke but not as offensive as 2 out of 23.
Was Santo's lawyer(s) that good or the prosecution that weak?

Thanks for the update.

Oh, please.

“I understand my actions have betrayed the trust of my supporters and constituents,” Santos said at a hearing Monday, his voice wavering at times. “I deeply regret my conduct.”

"Lawyers for Santos, 36, are likely to seek leniency for the ex-lawmaker, pointing to his decision to admit guilt and spare the court from the time and expense of a trial."

Will he go crawl under a rock for 6 months or start a new shtick and grifting routine?

"The Mr. Santos who appeared in court bore little resemblance to the shameless provocateur whose antics grabbed headlines. On Monday, that bravado was replaced by a wavering voice and words of contrition."

Would like to bet that he will have a prison coach....and after he serves time he will be a consultant for those entering the big house.

I suspect he will not flourish in a prison environment. But agree that he will back.on the grifting circuit as soon as he's released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt
Back