NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
6a00d8341bf67c53ef01157056f421970b-200wi

The search for Corrie Anderson, a 36-year-old mother of three who disappeared in October 2008, took to the skies in Chautauqua County, N. Y. yesterday, when a group of searchers boarded a Robinson R44 helicopter and shot photos of the area from above.

The group consisted of Bill Jones, a pilot from H&L Enterprises; Corrie's cousin, Chris Keefe; local photographer Amy Hudson; Post-Journal reporter/photographer Robert Rizzuto; 3 View Search Services team member Walter Perkowski; and Investigation Discovery's David Lohr.

Using high-resolution digital cameras, the group hovered at 500 to 3,000 feet over several areas of interest in the case, and they took some 1,000 photos of the landscape. Those images will be uploaded to a computer at the Aerial Image Corporation in the Purdue Research Park. There, experts will digitally enhance and filter the photos in an attempt to identify anything that looks out of place, such as shapes that might be a body or a new dig site.

Read the rest here:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/corrie-anderson-aerial-imaging.html

Read the rest here:
[URL="http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/corrie-anderson-aerial-imaging.html"]http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/corrie-anderson-aerial-imaging.html[/URL] [/QUOTE]

That is great stuff right there!

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/529461.html

People Genuinely Want To Help
POSTED: May 2, 2009

To the Readers' Forum:

On Saturday I participated in the search for Corrie Anderson. I am writing to say how good I felt on the ride home that day. I'd like to tell you why. There were an awful lot of people there at 7 in the morning. They were cheerful yet focused and very serious about the job at hand. It was well organized, a tribute to the leaders involved, since the family was rocked on Monday when Texas Equusearch pulled their support.

It really sounds sort of corny, but on the ride home I really felt good about people. Now, a lot of days that isn't the case. Sometimes you wonder if all the sensible, kindhearted people are missing in action. That wasn't the case this weekend. I knew where an awful lot of them were - in Ashville.

There were people there from Olean, Little Valley, Erie and many other places. They didn't know the family or have a connection but just really wanted to help. They were men and women of all ages and backgrounds with a common goal. I felt good in their company. Thank you!

Rebecca Huber-Ross

Brocton

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/529461.html

People Genuinely Want To Help
POSTED: May 2, 2009

To the Readers' Forum:

On Saturday I participated in the search for Corrie Anderson. I am writing to say how good I felt on the ride home that day. I'd like to tell you why. There were an awful lot of people there at 7 in the morning. They were cheerful yet focused and very serious about the job at hand. It was well organized, a tribute to the leaders involved, since the family was rocked on Monday when Texas Equusearch pulled their support.

It really sounds sort of corny, but on the ride home I really felt good about people. Now, a lot of days that isn't the case. Sometimes you wonder if all the sensible, kindhearted people are missing in action. That wasn't the case this weekend. I knew where an awful lot of them were - in Ashville.

There were people there from Olean, Little Valley, Erie and many other places. They didn't know the family or have a connection but just really wanted to help. They were men and women of all ages and backgrounds with a common goal. I felt good in their company. Thank you!

Rebecca Huber-Ross

Brocton

That gave me the shivers. Yes, that has been my experience as well, both with the formal search, and the informal search! It has been so heart-warming to see the true compassion in people's eyes as I have passed out posters asking hunters to watch for Corrie. I'd walk in to a business, wait in line for "my turn" and ask "Would you post this for Corrie?" I could see true sadness in their eyes, as they said "Yes! Have they found ANYTHING? What else can we do?" People truly want to help but don't know what to do.
This is the first Spring of my entire life, that I am sad to see the "greening" of the area.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/529622.html

By Robert Rizzuto, rrizzuto@post-journal.com
POSTED: May 4, 2009

The family of Corrie Anderson, the missing mother from Busti, is asking hunters who are taking to the woods this weekend to keep their eyes open for anything suspicious that might bring answers about exactly what happened to her.

Ms. Anderson was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008, when she visited her boyfriend, Mike Samuelson, at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown.

Her mother reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Corrie failed to show up at her son Zack's school for a meeting.

Since that date, members of the New York State Police have searched several patches of land and recently, 3 View Search Services has led community searches across the area.

Still, Ms. Anderson's keys, her black purse and her small wire-rimmed glasses are still missing along with the truth about what happened to Ms. Anderson.

3 View Search Services recently began their aerial imaging of Chautauqua County and will return to the area soon to put more technology to task in the search.

Ms. Anderson's family is offering a $15,000 reward for information about her whereabouts or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance. The money is in addition to the rewards being offered by local CrimeStoppers agencies.

Anyone with any information about Ms. Anderson's disappearance or her whereabouts is asked to call the New York State Police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 856-5600, or the Warren County, Pa. Crime Stoppers at 800-83-CRIME (27463). All calls will be kept confidential and rewards can be collected anonymously.

I miss the chatter. Corrie is in my thoughts and prayers... always..

Live2Ride

I just read on Yahoo thread that there MAY be a search the end of May. That is great news!

Does anyone know WHY the (NON) POI has that status? Just wondering.

Hi Psycho, What do you mean by that last question? (I'm still kinda new at all these abbreviations)

If anyone is still out there and wants to talk about searching for Corrie etc, it seems like this is the best place to discuss it. The Yahoo site doesn't post messages until days after they are submitted. At least this is much closer to real time. I know several people are leaving that group.

Sure wish we would hear something new regarding a search. Seems like this one is getting pushed aside, just like the other cases of the missing women in Jamestown. This is sad.

Live2Ride

Hi Psycho, What do you mean by that last question? (I'm still kinda new at all these abbreviations)

If anyone is still out there and wants to talk about searching for Corrie etc, it seems like this is the best place to discuss it. The Yahoo site doesn't post messages until days after they are submitted. At least this is much closer to real time. I know several people are leaving that group.

Sure wish we would hear something new regarding a search. Seems like this one is getting pushed aside, just like the other cases of the missing women in Jamestown. This is sad.

Live2Ride
--------------------------------------
POI is person of interest.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/530139.html

POSTED: May 10, 2009

To the Readers' Forum:

Last week my husband and I had the privilege of being two of countless community volunteers assisting with the search for Corrie Anderson. The four fantastically organized, talented, committed, compassionate and professional members of 3 View Search, who agreed to help with only a few days notice, were nothing short of amazing. Despite the short preparation time, they were highly effective in their ability to organize and direct hundreds of people, maintain the integrity of the search, and handle any problems that occurred.

May I also say how proud we were of this community. These searches were gruelling to say the least, but in the over 20 hours we assisted in the command center, we never once heard a complaint from anyone. There were many people who went on several searches over a span of the two days. The organizers shared with us that it is typical to have less than 20 percent of the people show on the second day of a search. He was surprised to have over 65percent return on the second day. All four members of the organization commented many times at the level of cooperation and dedication of the community.

We want thank the family and friends of Corrie who continue to work tirelessly to bring this horrible chapter to a close. You renew our faith in humanity.

Finally, there is someone out there who knows the truth about what happened to Corrie. If you are reading this, please find it in your heart and your conscience to come forward and do the right thing. This wonderful family deserves the truth.

Heidi Harding

Dewittville

Hey all! I agree that there is not much sleuthing going on. I am really very interested in trying to figure things out. I have posted earlier my theories but still have a few unanswered questions.

Anything about DH #1? Have not heard anything about him. No news about DH #2 either. I still can't figure out why he isn't a POI.

I have had another thought about Buckley. Is anyone familiar with him & his case? Just wondering. I heard he has a "thing" for small blondes.

I am still stuck on DH #2 though. JMO!

Where are all the super sleuths? There are some here who can pull up traffic tickets & all sorts of data. Wish we had something to go on. Rumor has it that there will be a search the end of May. I hope so. I wish there was someone who would like to go out "walking" with me as I am willing to go anytime. It's the least I can do!

Hey all! I agree that there is not much sleuthing going on. I am really very interested in trying to figure things out. I have posted earlier my theories but still have a few unanswered questions.

Anything about DH #1? Have not heard anything about him. No news about DH #2 either. I still can't figure out why he isn't a POI.

I have had another thought about Buckley. Is anyone familiar with him & his case? Just wondering. I heard he has a "thing" for small blondes.

Where are all the super sleuths? There are some here who can pull up traffic tickets & all sorts of data. Wish we had something to go on. Rumor has it that there will be a search the end of May. I hope so. I wish there was someone who would like to go out "walking" with me as I am willing to go anytime. It's the least I can do!

Any chance anyone from 3 View will tell us where we should/could search or somehow give us areas of interest? Otherwise this county and PA is way too massive ... or the State Police? I don't have any contacts with any of them.

Any ideas, out there? Feeling like we need some help here ...

Hi Psycho,
If you can contact me via PM, we can talk about "hiking". If you are not able to PM, perhaps you could ask a moderator to send me your email so we can talk? We have been out several times "walking" through the woods, and can always use another pair of eyes. Although, I am not sure how much longer this "hiking on our own" is going to go on. (as least for me) The brush is getting thick and the prickers are brutal... that we can deal with. BUT we are running out of ideas and areas that may be of interest.

Like Karen said in her last post, "We need some help here"..... She is absolutely right.

It's too quiet....

Live2Ride

Hi! I just sent you a message. As I have said, I am ready to go for a walk. I just hate to sit around when I feel like I could be doing something! Sigh.
Yes, it's too bad the prickers & etc. are growing but, I don't mind. I would crawl thru much more if would help any.
Hopefully we can get together soon!

I just wrote to the Vidocq Society. I saw on a unsolved crime show about a group of people who help solve crimes. I figured...why not write? I have nothing to lose by doing so. As I feel there are too many missing/murdered women in our area, something should be done & what I can do, I will. So, I am hoping they will reply & hopefully help solve some of these "unsolved" cases, including Corrie.
Will keep you posted.

I just wrote to the Vidocq Society. I saw on a unsolved crime show about a group of people who help solve crimes. I figured...why not write? I have nothing to lose by doing so. As I feel there are too many missing/murdered women in our area, something should be done & what I can do, I will. So, I am hoping they will reply & hopefully help solve some of these "unsolved" cases, including Corrie.
Will keep you posted.
==================================================
If Vicdocq Society accepts a case, it has to be over two years old and a murder, I think. May want to check their rules.

But if they accept, then I think it is a good idea to include all those missing NY women.
And some of those women have been missing for over two years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back