GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The perps' exact address doesn's show up on Google or Bing maps (too rural), but here's the approximate address (Marshville at Rte 21; the house is just abt 1/4 mile SE of this intersection)

That was my issue at first too with not being able to find the exact location of the perps address due to it being so rural. I lived in the country for many many years and the name of the road we lived on was not the name of the road the map showed for a long time. With a bit of digging, here's what I found:

1380 County Rd. 21 is also known as Hermon-Edwards Rd

HOWELLS.jpg

I am still astounded as to what a great father he looked like in Fb. Fun stuff with the kids.

Another example of how family fun pics on FB mean zero.

The eldest girl speaks English.

In many articles, I read the girls required a translator in their language in many articles. I'm only going off of that.

Anyone who lived among the Amish would likely know that they learn English in school. I don't think they were targeted specifically because they were Amish. I think it was more that they knew the girls would be manning the farm stand. I think they were easily targeted because of their Amish life, but not specifically targeted because they were Amish, if that makes any sense. (Much as the Nickel Mines shooter picked an Amish school because it was easy, not because it was Amish.)

I do live and work near the Amish and many of their adults and children only speak their specific dialect of dutch.

The eldest girl speaks English.

Yes, the little 6 year old may not know much English, as she probably wouldn't be starting school until later this month. But she apparently knew enough English to serve customers at the produce stand. Amish children attend 8 years of school, and that is taught in the English language, so the 12 year old would be pretty good in English. Most Amish are avid readers, and their Bible and some religious texts are in German, but the books they read for pleasure are mostly in English. That's why I was a bit confused that a translator was needed to prepare the sketch -- but, perhaps when using more technical or infrequently used terms -- like cheekbones or bridge of the nose, etc. -- their level of English needed a little bolstering.

That brings up an issue with regard to trial -- if she were to testify, the younger girl would need an interpreter. But it looks like the D.A. is trying to avoid that -- she's hoping the perps will agree to a plea so it won't have to go to trial.

I do live and work near the Amish and many of their adults and children only speak their specific dialect of dutch.

Interesting, my experience with Amish and Old Order Mennonites is different. The ones I've met understand English, although they sometimes pretend they don't to avoid talking to "English" folks. It must vary by area/ordnung.

I am still astounded as to what a great father he looked like in Fb. Fun stuff with the kids.

I think this is yet another classic example of the fact that the Boogey Man never really looks like the Boogey Man (Richard Ramirez, aka The Night Stalker, and a handful of others, being the exception).

FACT: perverts who seek out children almost always ingratiate themselves into situations where children are easy access. Single moms are a classic built-in cover. As are jobs/careers where kids are central/common to the job. I'm assuming the kids in the FB are his and his ex-wife's kids but has that actually been confirmed?

Has anyone found the exact date these 2 linked up, because, I am seriously wondering about Elizabeth and Lyric.

JMO

Interesting, my experience with Amish and Old Order Mennonites is different. The ones I've met understand English, although they sometimes pretend they don't to avoid talking to "English" folks. It must vary by area/ordnung.

The Mennonites here do speak English, as well. I definitely think it varies, because Amish aren't centrally governed. .

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Prosecutor-At-Least-Three-More-Victims-271712491.html

"7 News reporter John Friot also learned from Rain that recording equipment was present during the alleged abuse of the sisters, ages 12 and 7. Additionally, Friot reports, the girls were shackled together for part of their captivity inside a home on route 21 in the Town of Hermon.

Howells is expected to waive his right to a preliminary hearing this Thursday; it's not clear whether Vaisey will do so.

Investigators have left Howell's home on county route 21, after searching all weekend. Rain said investigators are searching through computer hard drives, files and other evidence collected from the home.

Friot learned investigators found evidence Howells was in the process of building a sound-proof room.

Rain said she is hoping to find a way the two sisters won't have to testify, possibly through plea bargains with both defendants"

Sorry, I got confused. Same sisters? Is one 7 and not 6 ? Or is this different victims? tia

Earlier today on this thread, another abduction-release case was brought up. A woman in PA abducted a young girl from her classroom, abused her, and then released her in a park. The female defendant's trial started today, Mon, Aug 18, with jury selection and a turned-down plea offer. Here's an article about the trial's opening day:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ction-Regusters-Jury-Selection-271657271.html

I have no idea if there is any link between the PA and NY cases or between any online/real-life communities, but possibly?? There is some speculation that the PA female perp didn't act alone.

JMO.

Fwiw, Have noticed over the years, that when a parent is suddenly and demonstrably involved with their kids, a surprising ( to others) and acrimonious divorce is usually in the near future. imo.

From that link:

"When we have sex offenders we know that there are other potential victims that they have victimized prior to the police actually catching them, so I fully anticipate that there probably are more victims out there, it’s just nothing I can confirm at this point."

Rain says her evidence against Howells and Vaisey is “extremely strong”. She says she will do “everything she can” to avoid the Amish girls having to testify.

"Right now I do not need them to testify at the preliminary hearing. I have enough information to go forward without their testimony," said Rain.

This was published today (Aug 18). So...did Friot get his info from someone else who leaked what the DA would not? (He says there are 3 other victims in another article.)

Isn't that special!

Does this mean a trial so that plenty more money can be wasted on these idiots?

One of the articles posted upthread said that Rains was hoping the girls wouldn't have to testify, and that she'd consider a plea bargain to avoid the necessity of that, even. But also, in the article above she states that the evidence is pretty strong already.

Fwiw, Have noticed over the years, that when a parent is suddenly and demonstrably involved with their kids, a surprising ( to others) and acrimonious divorce is usually in the near future. imo.

He and his wife apparently divorced in 2012, for what it's worth. Most of the Fbk 'daddy' quotes I've seen are from after that. (He isn't married to Nicole.)

ETA: to clarify, she said in Aug 2012 that her divorce was 'being finalized' - I've seen no actual record of either marriage or divorce, though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasadams106048
Back