Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, we'll hear about OM's "co-workers" soon. Can't recall reading/hearing about so many anonymous NYPD sources and so many anonymous FBI sources leaking so many...well, leaks, in such a brief span of days. I felt so certain they would find evidence of Etan's remains - having been moved, that is.

I only wish Ramos did not appear so insane to me. Don't misunderstand...terrifying to think of him being released. He's a dangerous pedophile. However, I respect Morgenthau sticking to his principles. Not enough evidence to summon a grand jury. No apples, please.

WSJ article hot off the press, a good short overview of the case past and present:

Etan Patz: On Prince Street, a Deep Dig Into a Cold Case

From WFG's WSJ's link above:

People familiar with the investigation said he [O Miller] is among several people of interest.

Steve Kuzma, the building superintendent, remembered the now-75-year-old Miller as someone who was “all over the place in SoHo” at the time.

“He had a crew of three or four guys who worked for him as a small construction company. They worked here because in those days no one could afford a real contractor,” Kuzma said.

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012/04/23/etan-patz-on-prince-street-a-deep-dig-into-a-cold-case/

"He [OM] had a crew of three or four guys who worked for him..." So, back then OM shared a piece of the wages he received with one or more members of his construction (Cough) crew.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous:

Ramos admitted to having taken a young boy to his apartment on May 25, 1979, and that he later recognized the boy as Patz, declared missing on the news. But Ramos said the boy had refused his advances, and that he let him go.

So Ramos only molested boys that welcomed his advances?

"Three bones found in the search were later determined to probably have come from a pig, another official said. The bones were discovered in the dirt near Chinese food containers."

Pretty much says it all, as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully if Ramos is released in November, they'll have him under some sort of supervision. Molesters don't really change.

"Three bones found in the search were later determined to probably have come from a pig, another official said. The bones were discovered in the dirt near Chinese food containers."

Pretty much says it all, as far as I'm concerned.
And so disheartening! I was hoping beyond hope that this family would find some resolution- some peace. What must it take to end their heartache? How much longer must they wait? Cruel and unbearable, IMO.

Hopefully if Ramos is released in November, they'll have him under some sort of supervision. Molesters don't really change.

Isn't there some sort of psychiatric exam/evaluation that could be conducted and he might fail, thereby placing him in a mental ward or unit? Go.For.It.

You and me both.
It is so hard to comprehend. The whole philosophical part of life and existence in this world. I can't help but wonder. Why must these parents suffer for this long? They just want to know what happened to their little boy. Surely, they know he is gone. I could never imagine walking in their shoes. It would do me in. God bless them.

I will be shocked if its Miller. Ramos was last seen with Etan. The Patz family have been through he...

Respectfully BBM.

Other than family who had seen him, wasn't it Miller who had given Etan a dollar bill the evening before he disappeared?

There is nothing that indicates, other than Ramos' crazy talk, that he was last seen with Etan.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous:

Ramos admitted to having taken a young boy to his apartment on May 25, 1979, and that he later recognized the boy as Patz, declared missing on the news. But Ramos said the boy had refused his advances, and that he let him go.

So Ramos only molested boys that welcomed his advances?

I could understand if it were his defense attorney scraping the bottom of a barrel for an explanation, but it's not. Ramos is a pedophile AND he's nuts as in, IMO, he additionally likely suffers from some form of a mental illness.

snip snip

That's certainly vitriolic.

I was 25 when he disappeared. At the time, the family were certainly suspected by many.

I followed the case through TV news, by reading the New York Times, the SoHo Weekly News, and the Village Voice et al.

It is never "vile and insulting" when a child disappears to look, at least, at every possibility.

BBM

In my humble opinion, it IS vile and insulting to start blaming the parents 33 years later, when they were investigated and deemed to be innocent of Etan's disappearance years ago by LE.

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that Ramos confessed to kidnapping Etan, then asked for an attorney and LE could not again interview him about Etan. Perhaps others were involved with the kidnapping/murder.

Just so *everyone* is clear....

Etan's parents are NOT suspects. They are victims.
END. OF. STORY.

Also, new thread coming soon. This one's getting a tad long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx