GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent FB page post clearly said Evanna was "stuffing her face". Pleasant, loving and kind words about their dead daughter/sister for the world to see. Their words regarding Evanna actually disgust me. But, please...by all means TB Family...continue ....SMH
I agree!!

There is an underlying factor of disparaging comments about Evanna in those posts.

Very not ok...

Has anyone heard why there have been no services for ETB? Im in UK, and Im aware things are done differently here, but just wondered if there would be any reason to not bury a child for almost a year. I did ask the TB family and was met with hostility that it is not my concern. I was wondering if they were planning another autopsy? My concern is only for the dignity of ETB. I myself have lost a son, at birth, full term, and for me his dignity had to be respected and his burial as soon as possible, of which we managed to do. We did not feel comfortable until he was properly laid to rest. JMO
I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I can't imagine the pain you feel.

As for Evanna, the only thing I know is that last February the family updated their fundraiser to say her body had been released and since the 3k donations were going to legal fees they needed at least 5k for her funeral.

The next and only other thing I saw was a post on either November 1 or 3 where they said they haven't had a funeral for her yet. I think Sussman may have said something similar in one of the msm reports.

I don't know if that means they buried her but not yet had an actual funeral or memorial. I guess they're waiting for the kids to be back?

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I can't imagine the pain you feel.

As for Evanna, the only thing I know is that last February the family updated their *** fundraiser to say her body had been released and since the 3k donations were going to legal fees they needed at least 5k for her funeral.

The next and only other thing I saw was a post on either November 1 or 3 where they said they haven't had a funeral for her yet. I think Sussman may have said something similar in one of the msm reports.

I don't know if that means they buried her but not yet had an actual funeral or memorial. I guess they're waiting for the kids to be back?

Thank you, he would have turned 18 yesterday. I find these child cases so horrible!

Poor Evanna, just so sad. I hope she did not suffer. I wonder if she had Lupus as my sister has it and Ive seen the risk to kidney damage, but there are so many other clues to someone being sick with autoimmune disease. Weight loss was one of the biggest things I saw with my sister, then swelling and generally unable to get out of bed. Im not sure if this is the same with paediatric Lupus though. But it was clear my sister was ill long before they diagnosed her with lupus and sarcoidosis.

Last edited:
Thank you, he would have turned 18 yesterday.

Please accept my most sincere sympathy when your son entered and left this world 18 years ago. I can not imagine the pain.

No doubt each birthday has to be difficult, but there's no doubt your sweet son is with you always.

So unfortunate that Evana was not given the attention and concern or care.

Thank you, he would have turned 18 yesterday. I find these child cases so horrible!

Poor Evanna, just so sad. I hope she did not suffer. I wonder if she had Lupus as my sister has it and Ive seen the risk to kidney damage, but there are so many other clues to someone being sick with autoimmune disease. Weight loss was one of the biggest things I saw with my sister, then swelling and generally unable to get out of bed. Im not sure if this is the same with paediatric Lupus though. But it was clear my sister was ill long before they diagnosed her with lupus and sarcoidosis.
I have been thinking for a while that she may have had Lupus too.

All autoimmune diseases are complex but Lupus is probably the hardest to understand and diagnose because it can literally affect any organ of the human body and, for many Lupus patients, the disease manifests itself on several organs at the same time.

You are on point mentioning the kidney damage, usually Lupus does affect the kidneys to some extent and, for many patients it gets pretty severe. If the disease is diagnosed early on, it's very possible to treat it and live a somewhat regular life. Many people even go into remission.

I'm not a doctor but if the family provided any clear information about her symptoms through the years and were 100% honest about it, we could actually discuss more about it.

I feel like Lupus is a real possibility here, or at least some other autoimmune disease.

Looking through the pictures, Evanna was very skinny, pale and had puffy eyes with dark circles around it. But, to be fair, most of her siblings looked the same, even the adult sisters so it may just be genetics. I noticed that one of her eyes look puffier that the other in several pictures though, like it's swollen for some reason.

I can't see a malar rash in any of the pictures. The rash is a common sign of Lupus too. From the pictures it does look like she was losing some weight.

I hope your sister is doing well! Lupus is no joke, I'm sending good vibes her way!

Evanna did NOT die of Lupus! She was literally STARVED to death! LOOK UP Kwashiorkor!!!!! Initially the family said months ago she had ONE piece of candy and now they say she was "stuffing her face"?? Stay on POINT please. Their Macrobiotics page CLEARLY STATES that they have a controversial view on this damn killer diet! MOO/IMO Evanna suffered terribly until she died.

Evanna did NOT die of Lupus! She was literally STARVED to death! LOOK UP Kwashiorkor!!!!! Initially the family said months ago she had ONE piece of candy and now they say she was "stuffing her face"?? Stay on POINT please. Their Macrobiotics page CLEARLY STATES that they have a controversial view on this damn killer diet! MOO/IMO Evanna suffered terribly until she died.
I don't think we can say that Evanna "literally starved to death". I have no reason to believe that the children (or anyone in the house, for that matter) was being denied food. In fact, it seems like the family's life and very limited socialization revolves almost exclusively around food and their diet. Their connection to the "outside World" is related to food and their diet.

The father is or, up until recently, was involved into House of Macrobiotics, I believe he held seminars, discussions, classes, etc about the topic of macrobiotics.

The adult sisters, if not all four of them, at least some of them, work or worked up until very recently at the Little Seed Gardens farm and at the Chatham Real Food Market Co-op.

They have a an Instagram account interely dedicated to the food they make. Check foodtranbergbennettstyle and #foodtranbergbennettstyle on Instagram.

Would it be fair to say that the family diet is deficient and unhealthy? Yes, I would say so. The family seems too think that too much of something (like sugar, for example) is bad, but they seem to be unable to recognize that too little of something is bad too. I mean, extremes are never good, positive or healthy. Children need to have a balanced diet, and a child with such a weak immune system, who was sick, like Evanna was, needs a very strong, healthy diet.

I don't think it's normal for all children or most children in a family to have vitamin D deficiency and to need supplements. In my opinion, that stems from their diet and it's clearly not meeting their nutritional needs.

Their diet has been an issue for a long time, and it appears that every time that a DSS/CPS case is opened on the family, the diet keeps coming up. I don't believe it's DSS/CPS just making excuses, I think it's a real concern and the family just wants to be right so bad that they refuse to try something else or, at the very least, make some adjustements to their diet to benefit their children.

I don't care about what the adults are eating, but it's a problem when children, who can't make an educated choice/decision are not getting their nutritional needs met.

And we are not saying that Evanna died of Lupus, we are simply discussing what could've caused her chronic kidney issues.

IMO,
Evanna did not die from kidney failure, SHE died from PARENTAL failure
Evanna did not die from liver failure. SHE died from PARENTAL failure.
Evanna did not die from malnutrition, she died from PARENTAL failure
Evanna did not die from a vitamin D deficiency. She died from PARENTAL deficiency.
Evanna did not die from swollen legs, she died from PARENTAL failure.
Evanna did not die because they had dismissed DSS cases in Massachusetts wherein their children were returned. She died because they the PARENTS feared there being another case against them, so they avoided getting treatment for Evanna.

MSM indicates ETB's parents-Steve Bennett and Heidi Tranberg Bennett were charged in addition to five other adults who were also living in the home at the time-Evanna's four adult sisters and the oldest daughter's boyfriend. Then they admitted a dying Uncle/sort of uncle was also living in house at the time. In the weeks leading up to and including the evening Evanna died there were 8 adults present, in addition to (according to their FB posts) Heidi's dying brother/sort of brother. And now they claim another man lived there on and off for five years and was present the night Evanna died. So 9 adults were in the house when Evanna died? Papa has clearly taken over V's control of Facebook. Look at the writing change. No emotion. Need to be in control of everything. And daughter Venuska must obey and "like" Papa's comments. Papa is scared. Papa is trying to control everything because everything is spinning out of control in Papa's world. IMO Papa also let two threats slip by in his writings that he didn't notice. Others did and notified the authorities.

What I actually think is interesting, in my opinion, is the complete lack of news coverage about this case. There are a few local reporters but nothing at all compared to what we see in other cases. The Capital Region (Albany) news market isn't tiny - there should be more coverage. And there has been zero national pickup.

Why can't their attorney Michael Sussman get them more news coverage? If there is a huge scandal with NYS and Columbia County DSS stealing and abusing children, why isn't Sussman getting media attention for it? One of the main reasons you hire a prominent attorney is because they have contacts in the media. Heck, I am a small time lawyer and I have plenty of media contacts in my practice area where I can call someone and get a good story run if my client needs it and it would help their case. Why isn't this on CNN, Nancy Grace, etc? The TB family page keeps saying how "famous" their case is but in reality there's 10 people on Websleuths chatting about it and their neighbors. It's not famous, it's not in the news. What gives?

Is it possible their attorney isn’t aware of their FB posts? Like you said there isn’t serious MSM coverage. Could it be they are not sharing this activity and he doesn’t know about it?

I got Confused about their argument that Evannas cause of death from their records exonerates them. I googled coroner information. Cause of death is the immediate cause, Anoxic brain injury caused brain death... but according to this article that’s not the same as manner of death.Cause & Manner of Death | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website

My understanding is that when a heart stops the brain breaks down and dies first 10 Things Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About Dying | Everyday Health

For instance (correct me if my understanding is wrong): if any injury accident or illness resulted in cardiac arrest (stabbing, drowning, trauma, etc.,) but the individual was resuscitated... if they were subsequently brain dead because the brain died but the heart was still “viable”, and then removed from life support the cause would always be anoxic brain injury.

The manner of death is what is important from the coroner report. Does that opinion make sense?

I got Confused about their argument that Evannas cause of death from their records exonerates them. I googled coroner information. Cause of death is the immediate cause, Anoxic brain injury caused brain death... but according to this article that’s not the same as manner of death.Cause & Manner of Death | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website

My understanding is that when a heart stops the brain breaks down and dies first 10 Things Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About Dying | Everyday Health

For instance (correct me if my understanding is wrong): if any injury accident or illness resulted in cardiac arrest (stabbing, drowning, trauma, etc.,) but the individual was resuscitated... if they were subsequently brain dead because the brain died but the heart was still “viable”, and then removed from life support the cause would always be anoxic brain injury.

The manner of death is what is important from the coroner report. Does that opinion make sense?
It’s making sense to me. Thanks for sharing!

The Tranberg-Bennett Family list #1 Cause of death being:
Anoxic brain injury-
The next factors cherry picked by them show WHY her brain didnt get oxygen
-Pneumonia
-wide spread alveoli damage
-Kidney failure

Harping on the same PRIMARY thing as cause of death would be equivalent to having a drowning victim attempted resuscitation & claiming EMT caused the oxygen depletion- There is literally nothing anywhere they shared to indicate Rescue personal contributed to cause of death- Brain starts dying after 4 minutes without oxygen. EMT arrived 9 Minutes later. CPR often FAILS to save a life. They did not exercise reasonable care in getting a very sick child at any point until her organs failed her.

It amazes me how anyone could continue to buy into the Family’s SPIN.
(The intubation caused some thorax damage as noted but nit contributing nor any of their other spewed garbage IMO MOO

MSM indicates ETB's parents-Steve Bennett and Heidi Tranberg Bennett were charged in addition to five other adults who were also living in the home at the time-Evanna's four adult sisters and the oldest daughter's boyfriend. Then they admitted a dying Uncle/sort of uncle was also living in house at the time. In the weeks leading up to and including the evening Evanna died there were 8 adults present, in addition to (according to their FB posts) Heidi's dying brother/sort of brother. And now they claim another man lived there on and off for five years and was present the night Evanna died. So 9 adults were in the house when Evanna died? Papa has clearly taken over V's control of Facebook. Look at the writing change. No emotion. Need to be in control of everything. And daughter Venuska must obey and "like" Papa's comments. Papa is scared. Papa is trying to control everything because everything is spinning out of control in Papa's world. IMO Papa also let two threats slip by in his writings that he didn't notice. Others did and notified the authorities.
I believe you misread that- They did not state THE UNCLE was living in the house. They shared an exchange of messages with him. Same as they did not say an ex employee pulled the plug..that is what DS a wackadoodle In his own right (iMO) called DSS Commissioner

Last edited:
Tranberg Bennett “key witness” who lives in the house has gone dark. It’s plausible that the “key witness” in fact were not aware of the account being used while they were gone over the Thanksgiving holiday- so many months of credibility issues based off posts by them. I do not agree with the comnent on WS that it was a burner account. They were linked to their family posts & that was addressed in his lengthy community post with outrage coming from the Tranberg Bennett family on his behalf.

I believe you misread that- They did not state he was living in the house. They shared an exchange of messages with him. Same as they did not say an ex employee pulled the plug..that is what DS a wackadoodle In his own right (iMO) called DSS Commissioner
He said he was living there "on and off for five years" and was there the night Evanna "was killed by EMT" but suddenly..... his posts have disappeared..... after someone on the community page said she was contacting the TB attorney. TB attorney will have several billable hours after the nonsense the family caused the last few days.

Yes, manner of death is the category. The six classifications are accidental, homicide, suicide, natural causes, undetermined or pending (usually an investigation.)

From what I have read, the first autopsy listed "undetermined" as the MOD and the second was "natural causes."

And yes, if Evanna was technically brain dead, that would be the primary COD. Imo

I agree. I don’t see much value in throwing out additional possibilities of additional health issues when there has been no evidence or “pseudo” evidence anywhere. A jury debating guilt or innocence should stick on topic as we should unless one can point to something stated regarding Lupus in relation to this crime.
****Focusing on the facts needed for guilt or innocence seems best-Did they know before hand she was in need? would a reasonable person act & choose as they did or was this reckless? Did they show indifference even when knowing Evanna Tranberg Bennett needed urgent medical care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1