GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my my my... I just read that the family is now claiming that Pam Joern, who's the attorney for some of the children, is not only defaming, harassing and even trolling the family online but she's also trying to get others to do the same. No proof offered.

What is wrong with the Tranberg Bennett family? That's a serious question. IMO they've lost touch with reality. Do they not understand what they're doing? And they wonder why they can't get the kids back? Ugh. MOO.

In the latest family word jumble, there's a picture of Evanna where they say it's evidence that she likes to take big bites of food. Is this further designed to promote the "stuffing her face" narrative concerning the "sticky candy" that made her choke which led to the EMTs crushing her chest? I guess that would make sense if their readers are brain dead or four years old. The picture shows her with a mug and it looks to me like she is swishing a mouthful of liquid in her mouth.
This most recent post seems to be full of the calumny and defamation that they so fondly allege to be victims of. My opinion etc.
The other continous theme is that no one has investigated their claims that children are being abused while in foster care. Well, I can tell you that investigations concerning maltreatment in foster care are not initiated by DSS or LE reading comments or viewing videos on various social media outlets.

Last edited:
For local color perhaps not unpertinent to the weird belief system evidently this family's, note that the area itself houses entities which hold oddly non-traditional beliefs: just across the river, in Palenville, Catskill, there's the Maetreum of Cybele, a castration cult, while in Columbia County itself there's the Anthropospophic Society in Hudson and the Theosophical Society's Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center near Craryville -- less than 15 miles from Austerlitz. The Hudson Valley has long housed non-traditional belief systems.

So their beliefs may not have outwardly alarmed.
Is it something in the water? The air? Wowzers.

I don't see how not caring about their child can be a belief though. Even emotionally distant people stay with family members and friends in moments like these.

It just absolutely breaks my heart how they let this poor child suffer for so long, die, and then they just left her at the hospital, alone. Who does that? They did not respect this little girl then and they certainly don't respect her now.

The family dynamics doesn't make any sense to me. The whole family functions as an united front, their whole identity is being the Tranberg-Bennett family. Papa Steve runs the house. Papa Steve calls the shots. Papa Steve is the educated erudite. There are four adult children, none of them left the house, none of them have a job outside of that bubble, none of them went to college, Venuska is the only one that has a significant other and her own children, but she didn't leave to have her own space and her own life. But then, they neglect their children, they let Evanna suffer for who knows how long and abandon her on her last moments. How does that make sense? It doesn't.

What does any of this have to do with the family not comforting their dying daughter?
For my part I'll say it more plainly. IMO the family didn't care about comforting Evanna in her last hours. If they did they would have been at her side. Instead they didn't bother and then lied on their blog, saying they were prevented from going to her by DSS. IMO it was more important to them to appear sympathetic to their imaginary audience on social media.

The family has a 19-year history with DSS in two states. A child finally died in their care and another appears to need medical attention. They want to be "right" IMO, no matter who gets hurt.

See above:

("Comforting"? How about "Calling 911 and saving her life"?)

I was providing context. We're on the same side here.
In the latest family word jumble, there's a picture of Evanna where they say it's evidence that she likes to take big bites of food. Is this further designed to promote the "stuffing her face" narrative concerning the "sticky candy" that made her choke which led to the EMTs crushing her chest? I guess that would make sense if their readers are brain dead or four years old. The picture shows her with a mug and it looks to me like she is swishing a mouthful of liquid in her mouth.
This most recent post seems to be full of the calumny and defamation that they so fondly allege to be victims of. My opinion etc.
The other continous theme is that no one has investigated their claims that children are being abused while in foster care. Well, I can tell you that investigations concerning maltreatment in foster care are not initiated by DSS or LE reading comments or viewing videos on various social media outlets.
The picture shows Evanna in short sleeve shirt, capris ,barefoot- no socks, no shoes. In front of a watermelon. According to their posts the late fall/winter Evanna died was extremely cold, blizzards, one of the "coldest areas in the country". If the weather was so awful and people were so sick in November and December as they claim, why are they posting a picture of Evanna in sunshine, short sleeve shirt, no socks, no shoes, barefoot, with a watermelon?

Oh wow, very classy of them to post what looks like a personal picture of some of the children's attorney. That picture does not come up in a Google Search.

I can't follow their logic. So, several family members had some viral infection, and they realized at some point, that it was contagious and they choose to "quarantine" the family members that were sick in a living room/parlor/whatever they call it? Really? Does that make any sense to anyone? Because it is not making sense to me. I would think that any quarantining would be done in separate rooms. Why not have the healthy people sleeping in the living room/parlor instead?

Also, isn't it interesting that they state that it was 100% the EMTs that "crushed" Evanna's ribs? Who's to say that the first person to perform CPR on her wasn't the one who caused the "crushed" ribs? Let's see, a person with "some knowledge of CPR" versus a trained EMT. Just... think about it. Either way, we already discussed that broken ribs happen ALL THE TIME when CPR is performed.

Then, they mention that Evanna had "some foot swelling". That is the first time I've heard of any foot swelling, it has always been the ankles.

When did they leave Boston and move to NY? Evanna died in NYS 2019. Web search they posted shows CPS cases involved in Mass when Evanna was only 12 days old. Then again several years later. Does anyone know when they moved to NYS and why?
Don't know the why, but IIRC somewhere in the word salad they talk about moving in 2017.

The picture shows Evanna in short sleeve shirt, capris ,barefoot- no socks, no shoes. In front of a watermelon. According to their posts the late fall/winter Evanna died was extremely cold, blizzards, one of the "coldest areas in the country". If the weather was so awful and people were so sick in November and December as they claim, why are they posting a picture of Evanna in sunshine, short sleeve shirt, no socks, no shoes, barefoot, with a watermelon?
On December 28, the family stated that they were wearing many laywers of clothing and thick socks. They also mentioned that they wear "heavier" clothing in November and December. The family even mentions that, sometimes they get warm days during Fall/Winter but that the Winter of 2019 was cold.

Tranberg-Bennett Family that information is right here, on the post I'm linking from their Facebook page.

But then, surprise! They post a picture from October, Evanna wearing a short sleeve dress, someone else in the same picture wearing open shoes, no socks. Then, another picture but now from "mid-November" a girl wearing a thin spaghetti strap top, a boy wearing a short sleeve shirt, everyone barefoot. In the same picture, we can see Ryan holding a child, that child doesn't seem to be wearing pants. And then, as you mentioned, we finally have a picture of Evanna on November 12, wearing a short sleeve shirt, short pants, no socks.

So what is the truth?

For local color perhaps not unpertinent to the weird belief system evidently this family's, note that the area itself houses entities which hold oddly non-traditional beliefs: just across the river, in Palenville, Catskill, there's the Maetreum of Cybele, a castration cult, while in Columbia County itself there's the Anthropospophic Society in Hudson and the Theosophical Society's Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center near Craryville -- less than 15 miles from Austerlitz. The Hudson Valley has long housed non-traditional belief systems.

Ugh, wasted an hour looking up these societies and I still couldn't explain any of them to someone.

Oh my my my... I just read that the family is now claiming that Pam Joern, who's the attorney for some of the children, is not only defaming, harassing and even trolling the family online but she's also trying to get others to do the same. No proof offered.

What is wrong with the Tranberg Bennett family? That's a serious question. IMO they've lost touch with reality. Do they not understand what they're doing? And they wonder why they can't get the kids back? Ugh. MOO.
Haven't they been saying that all along? On the community page they basically accused commentors of being trolls if they spoke against them. They claimed people connected to the case are making up fake FB accounts and posting false information about them on several sites.

Maybe this is the first time they have named the attorney involved in a past case? On their page they just posted a link to the case against her and several others:

Callwood vs the City of Kingston- "Jeorn and other unidentified personnel posted Hardaways and Callwoods mugshot on FB and took turns disparaging them and liking each others comments."

Apparently she deleted the posts when the family discovered them online. There's much more information in the link to the case.

I guess this is the proof they are providing to support their claim, although there's no way to know if it's true. They said they have evidence.

I would think since those involved were caught before they wouldn't make such a stupid and obvious mistake again. It could potentially be detrimental to the case.

Imo

I think the point about the weird societies in Hudson/Catskill is just that the TB family may have picked this region, in particular, because they didn’t think they would attract attention. If they set up House of Macrobiotics in my neighborhood they’d stick out like sore thumbs.

They were right that no one cared until one of their children unfortunately died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro