NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“A major principle of our system is the more crimes you commit, the worse the punishment,” said defense attorney Mike Discioarro, a former Bronx prosecutor. “How is this guy getting a deal?

“Should we tell people to commit more crimes to get a better deal?”

Bragg has taken heat since he took office last year and announced he would not seek prison time on a slew of charges and would downgrade felony charges in hordes of cases — including armed robbery and drug offenses.
EEK! I can understand for some drug offenses, but ARMED robbery???? Are you sure? If so, I don't get it. jmo

:rolleyes: Here "Democrat voters" means a panel of 6 people where only 2 are alleged Democrats. And one of those Democrats, Marissa Caro-Cortese appears to be a professional Fox News anti-Democrat Democrat panelist.

Amazing that people still fall for crap like this but obviously they do.

“A major principle of our system is the more crimes you commit, the worse the punishment,” said defense attorney Mike Discioarro, a former Bronx prosecutor. “How is this guy getting a deal?

“Should we tell people to commit more crimes to get a better deal?”

Bragg has taken heat since he took office last year and announced he would not seek prison time on a slew of charges and would downgrade felony charges in hordes of cases — including armed robbery and drug offenses.

EEK! I can understand for some drug offenses, but ARMED robbery???? Are you sure? If so, I don't get it. jmo

Obviously irrelevant.

Perhaps less obvious: THIS IS A RED HERRING.

MOO

Obviously irrelevant.

Perhaps less obvious: THIS IS A RED HERRING.

MOO
It's totally relevant.

The DA in this case is known for taking felony cases and reducing them to misdemeanors while with Trump, for some reason, he's taking a misdemeanor case and trying to turn it into a felony case. Why? JMO.

It's totally relevant.

The DA in this case is known for taking felony cases and reducing them to misdemeanors while with Trump, for some reason, he's taking a misdemeanor case and trying to turn it into a felony case. Why? JMO.

Well... at the moment, DA is charging 34 felonies, based on the cover-up of underlying misdemeanors. The indictment is a charging document and not the prosecution's presentation of the case and the supporting law. There is much more to DA's case to be presented in terms of motions, etc.. nor the details of the misdemeanors he's using here. At the moment we're still in the dark on these details.

This being the case, any dissection of the DA's case based on yesterday's indictment is based on assumptions about information not yet provided by the DA. The time to present that detail is yet to be determined.

As to relevance and the article referenced:

The article states that the lessening of charges is to avoid mandatory incarceration - statutory minimum prison sentences for "less violent crimes" that are clogging the prisons (especially where, in prosecution's judgement, they see an alternative approach ... case by case). You get a certain level of conviction (e.g. aggravated robbery, x degree), the prison sentence is mandatory. Time will be served.

a.k.a. Rikers is full. (a shorthand description of this megalopolis conundrum)

IMO, one reason the above issue discussed in the article is irrelevant to this white collar crime case b/c there's no statutory prison time attached to yesterday's Trump charges.

There are other reasons it's irrelevant, but I'll leave at this most relevant answer on irrelevancy for now.

all MOO.

Well... at the moment, DA is charging 34 felonies, based on the cover-up of underlying misdemeanors. The indictment is a charging document and not the prosecution's presentation of the case and the supporting law. There is much more to DA's case to be presented in terms of motions, etc.. nor the details of the misdemeanors he's using here. At the moment we're still in the dark on these details.

This being the case, any dissection of the DA's case based on yesterday's indictment is based on assumptions about information not yet provided by the DA. The time to present that detail is yet to be determined.

As to relevance and the article referenced:

The article states that the lessening of charges is to avoid mandatory incarceration - statutory minimum prison sentences for "less violent crimes" that are clogging the prisons (especially where, in prosecution's judgement, they see an alternative approach ... case by case). You get a certain level of conviction (e.g. aggravated robbery, x degree), the prison sentence is mandatory. Time will be served.

a.k.a. Rikers is full. (a shorthand description of this megalopolis conundrum)

IMO, one reason the above issue discussed in the article is irrelevant to this white collar crime case b/c there's no statutory prison time attached to yesterday's Trump charges.

There are other reasons it's irrelevant, but I'll leave at this most relevant answer on irrelevancy for now.

all MOO.
You bring up another problem with this DA. He refused to tell us what the underlying felony that allows him to upgrade the misdemeanors to felonies is. What law was broken. I guess it could be legal for him to do that but he can't keep it secret for long.

If his case is really strong he would have made it public yesterday. JMO.

Or stop investigating and charging him.

Clear example: all the discussion about his taxes... why doesn't he turn over his taxes? what's he hiding in his taxes? Every other presidential candidate has turned over their taxes, why hasn't he? Finally his taxes are made public and what happened - nothing. All of this only emboldens him. I said it earlier, he would have been gone a long time ago if he weren't constantly being attacked or investigated and with nothing coming of it.
The SCOTUS ordered the release of his federal tax returns in Dec. 2022 after Trump's attorneys delayed, delayed, delayed. State tax returns are based on federal tax returns. Bragg convened the grand jury in Jan. 2023. Considering this is only 4 months later, I think Bragg has acted professionally and so has the grand jury.

How do you know it‘s leading somewhere? We have to wait and see what’s in it.

Just like the topic of this thread - the big 34 count indictment - every media outlet and reputable expert on all sides said we don’t know what‘s in it. Well now we know. And even pundits on the left have used words like underwhelming and thin.

imo
The evidence presented to the grand jury has led to an indictment. We won't know the evidence until trial.

“REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS SHOULD DE-FUND THE DOJ AND FBI UNTIL THEY COME TO THEIR SENSES,” he wrote on Truth Social. “THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TOTALLY WEAPONIZED LAW ENFORCEMENT IN OUR COUNTRY AND ARE VICIOUSLY USING THIS ABUSE OF POWER TO INTERFERE WITH OUR ALREADY UNDER SIEGE ELECTIONS!”

In another post, he described his indictment as “morally disgusting” and added it had “NO MERIT” and “is not even a case”.

Mr Trump’s comments came after his lawyer, Joe Tacopina, pushed back on claims that the former president was inciting violence against the judge during his speech in Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday evening, when he called Justice Juan Merchen “the real criminal”.

Mr Tacopina told NBC this morning: "No one is suggesting anything should happen to the judge or his family, and President Trump's comments did not, in any way, shape or form, incite violence against the judge or anyone else."
Thanks for this.

My goodness.

1st question: What happens to national/international security when Congress defunds the United States' DOJ and the FBI?
IMO quick answer: exactly what Russia and China wish for.

2nd q: So ... that's an attack as to MAL docs and J6 cases under the special counsel.
Did he remember to demand the defunding of NYS's DOJ, and GA's?

(Yeah, I think he did.)

MOO

Alvin Bragg’s case against Donald Trump is running into a wall of skepticism — including from left-leaning legal experts, liberal pundits and some of Trump’s Republican detractors who have otherwise been eager to see him held accountable.

Legal experts who had awaited Bragg’s charging documents to resolve some of the lingering mysteries about the case remained confounded by some aspects of the prosecution.

You bring up another problem with this DA. He refused to tell us what the underlying felony that allows him to upgrade the misdemeanors to felonies is. What law was broken. I guess it could be legal for him to do that but he can't keep it secret for long.

If his case is really strong he would have made it public yesterday. JMO.

Yes, it's frustrating for everyone. IMO, it's on purpose and strategic.
And it remains to be seen the strength of the case.

IMO any opining on strength of case theory or supporting facts at this juncture is based on ... not much.

Bring out the violins!

GOP Senator Lindsey Graham fought back tears while begging Fox News viewers to donate money to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign following his arrest.

During an emotional appearance on Sean Hannity’s eponymous program Hannity on Tuesday night, the South Carolina senator begged viewers to donate money to Trump’s campaign to ensure the United States does “not become a banana republic.”

“We got one last chance here to straighten this out,” Graham said in an appearance on “Hannity,” adding, “2024 is the most important election in my lifetime. America is literally at stake as we know it.”

“Please help President Trump,” he continued. “If you can afford 5 or 10 bucks, if you can’t afford a dollar, fine. Just pray. Make sure you vote as early as you can in your state. Don’t risk anything anymore. Vote as soon as you can. Pray for this country, pray for this president, and if you got any money to give, give it.”

Video:

I’ve often wondered WTH #45 has going on with Graham. He becomes so pathetic when it comes to #45!
IMO

Yes, it's frustrating for everyone. IMO, it's on purpose and strategic.
And it remains to be seen the strength of the case.

IMO any opining on strength of case at this juncture is based on ... not much.
I was told a few day's ago that I should wait until President Trump's appearance in court where the charges against him would be made public before weighing the merits of this case. The DA didn't let the defendant know all of the crimes he's accused of which I find to be strange. Why?

Now I have to wait some more? JMO.

Last edited:
Have they uncovered anything? Show me please, not opinion pieces or slanted news reports.
Stone tablets from a Middle East cave accepted? Any caves in Ohio? Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1