GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it’s kind of clear by now that no one here is going to change anyone else’s minds. What I hear is that most Trump followers believe he will save the America they love from destruction (no matter what else he’s done), and most of those who are against Trump believe he will destroy the America they love because they believe he will do what he says he will. There isn’t really a middle ground or a meeting of the minds. Neither side is able to fathom why the other side feels the way they do. So maybe “agree to disagree” will work. The Trump side posts their opinions without argument and so does the anti-Trump side. Might help. Can’t hurt. :)
Are you available to maybe moderate a debate or three? On the national stage, perhaps? ;)

I think it’s kind of clear by now that no one here is going to change anyone else’s minds. What I hear is that most Trump followers believe he will save the America they love from destruction (no matter what else he’s done), and most of those who are against Trump believe he will destroy the America they love because they believe he will do what he says he will. There isn’t really a middle ground or a meeting of the minds. Neither side is able to fathom why the other side feels the way they do. So maybe “agree to disagree” will work. The Trump side posts their opinions without argument and so does the anti-Trump side. Might help. Can’t hurt. :)

You're absolutely correct. I wasn't trying to change anyone else's mind, but I was trying to see if we could agree on any little sliver of common ground.

Apparently we can't.

I've seen this question asked before and the answer is, yes, Trump is still under the gag order.

You're absolutely correct. I wasn't trying to change anyone else's mind, but I was trying to see if we could agree on any little sliver of common ground.

Apparently we can't.

I hear you, but who knows? That little sliver of common ground may yet surface when we least expect it. :)

Offhand, I’d say that the strong feelings of love for country and fear for country are the common ground that is being expressed in very different ways that can’t really be reconciled. Personally, I appreciate people who have strong convictions, even if I strongly disagree with them. So that’s another sliver of common ground for me…the courage of one’s convictions.

JMO

Last edited:
Yes. You make perfect sense. It obvious to me that the motive behind this trial was to hurt President Trumps chances at winning the 2024 election. JMO.
Cohen was charged with the same crime, among other tax evasions.
He went to prison.
  • During the 2016 election, Cohen paid $130,000 to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, known as Stormy Daniels, and arranged for a publishing company to pay $150,000 to model Karen McDougal for her story in exchange for the women agreeing to not go public with allegations that they had affairs with Trump. (Trump has denied having affairs with either Clifford or McDougal.)

He went to prison.
  • During the 2016 election, Cohen paid $130,000 to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, known as Stormy Daniels, and arranged for a publishing company to pay $150,000 to model Karen McDougal for her story in exchange for the women agreeing to not go public with allegations that they had affairs with Trump. (Trump has denied having affairs with either Clifford or McDougal.)

And if I recall correctly, Cohen pleaded guilty which may have resulted in a lesser sentence.

Everyone knew that these cases were going to activate support and violent and profane outbursts not diminish it.

As it has.

But if every DA ignored violations because of threats from criminals wouldn't we end up like Mexico crippled by bosses and their surrogates using violence for the suppression of opposition to control the country?

All imo

I pray he does. I worry the other three will never happen, so I want justice for this jury verdict. But I will be praying the other three are going to happen. I also worry if he is re-elected, he will find a way to make the other charges go away.

Actually - only 2 of the cases he can pardon himself - DC one & Florida. The Georgia case is brought by the State - not Federal gov't. So there is that! :)

He went to prison.
Cohen went to prison for the same crime. That can't be overstated. Allen Weisselberg was convicted and went to prison for running the tax fraud scheme at Trump's business. Trump has already been found guilty of multiple counts of fraud. Then there are the people surrounding Trump including Bannon, Navarro, Stone, Manafort etc who have been convicted of various crimes. Not to mention his lawyers who have been reprimanded and/or lost their license. Knowing how Trump is such a micromanager, it's impossible to believe he's not involved in a fair bit of what is alleged. The indictments did not just get pulled out of someone's arse.

Last edited:
Everyone knew that these cases were going to activate support and violent and profane outbursts not diminish it.

As it has.

But if every DA ignored violations because of threats from criminals wouldn't we end up like Mexico crippled by bosses and their surrogates using violence for the suppression of opposition to control the country?

All imo

Your last sentence about bosses in Mexico reminds me that Trump and his followers have used threats of violence to suppress opposition to control the Republican Party.

And even without direct or general threats of violence, the fear of being “primaried” or banished from MAGAland keeps most Republicans in line with Trump.

The reaction in Congress after his conviction shows how strong his hold is on the GOP.

Where does Trump and friends’ suppression of opposition end? How far will it reach?

JMO

Last edited:
I hear you, but who knows? That little sliver of common ground may yet surface when we least expect it. :)

Offhand, I’d say that the strong feelings of love for country and fear for country are the common ground that is being expressed in very different ways that can’t really be reconciled. Personally, I appreciate people who have strong convictions, even if I strongly disagree with them. So that’s another sliver of common ground for me…the courage of one’s convictions.

JMO
I love these thoughts. Thank you, @Lilibet .

Revenge: analysis of Trump posts shows relentless focus on punishing enemies​

[…]

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (Crew), a watchdog organisation, analysed more than 13,000 messages published by Trump on his Truth Social platform and found him vowing revenge, retaliation and retribution against his foes.

The presumptive Republican nominee has threatened to use the federal government to go after Biden during a second Trump administration 25 times since the start of 2023, the study found. These threats include FBI raids, investigations, indictments and even jail time.

<modsnip - snipped for copyright, please see link>

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO
The sliver of common ground should be the truth and humanity.

I think it should be common ground for people to be against the weaponization of the Justice system to influence elections. JMO.
There are many hard facts vs many opinions it seems.<modsnip - personalizing> Trump who is the No. 1 culprit for weaponizing the justice system, influencing elections and poisoning America’s democracy. JMO.

There are many hard facts vs many opinions it seems. <modsnip - personalizing>Trump who is the No. 1 culprit for weaponizing the justice system, influencing elections and poisoning America’s democracy. JMO.
President Trump didn't weaponize the justice system. But it has been used successfully against him. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back