GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
President Trump didn't weaponize the justice system. But it has been used successfully against him. JMO.

He plans to weaponize the government against those who aren’t loyal or who oppose him, according to his quotes in the cited article such as these…

In one post about the special counsel Jack Smith, he warned that there will be “repercussions far greater than anything that Biden or his Thugs could understand” and, if the investigations continue, it will open a “Pandora’s Box” of retribution.

In another, Trump wrote that his federal indictments are “setting a BAD precedent for yourself, Joe. The same can happen to you.” In July last year Trump reposted rally coverage quoting him that “Now the gloves are off.”

———————
After reading the whole article, please tell me this can’t really be OK with you @RANCH. Can we agree that no matter how anyone feels about Trump’s conviction and other indictments, a cycle of vengeance and retribution toward his enemies is a terrible thing for the country?

All it means is that everyone else who looked at this decided to drop it. Only Bragg who made a campaign promise to "Get Trump" if elected went for it.

After President Trump made his announcement. JMO.
Actually, I lived in Manhattan in the 80s, Everyone knew Trump was engaged in illegal pursuits, including but not limited to his long-time affiliation with mafia in Atlantic City and NYC, particularly with respect to the mafia-controlled concrete business. Over time, he has also been found guilty of civil rights violations for refusing to rent to minorities, sexual assault, tax evasion, fraud (Trump University), illegal use of charitable funds for personal gain (DJT Foundation), money laundering, racketeering, and obstruction of justice. Many of these crimes were known to those of us who were living in NYC early on. Thus, to imply that all of a sudden, partisans are engaging in law fare is to ignore Trump's entire lifetime of criminality and the decades of litigation.

BTW, Trump was found guilty by a jury of his peers. He was born, raised, and lived in NYC, and continued living there until he changed his residency to Florida in 2019.

He plans to weaponize the government against those who aren’t loyal or who oppose him, according to his quotes in the cited article such as these…

In one post about the special counsel Jack Smith, he warned that there will be “repercussions far greater than anything that Biden or his Thugs could understand” and, if the investigations continue, it will open a “Pandora’s Box” of retribution.

In another, Trump wrote that his federal indictments are “setting a BAD precedent for yourself, Joe. The same can happen to you.” In July last year Trump reposted rally coverage quoting him that “Now the gloves are off.”

———————
After reading the whole article, please tell me this can’t really be OK with you @RANCH. Can we agree that no matter how anyone feels about Trump’s conviction and other indictments, a cycle of vengeance and retribution toward his enemies is a terrible thing for the country?
I have no problem with President Trump wanting the law enforced. JMO.

Actually, I lived in Manhattan in the 80s, Everyone knew Trump was engaged in illegal pursuits, including but not limited to his long-time affiliation with mafia in Atlantic City and NYC, particularly with respect to the mafia-controlled concrete business. Over time, he has also been found guilty of civil rights violations for refusing to rent to minorities, sexual assault, tax evasion, fraud (Trump University), illegal use of charitable funds for personal gain (DJT Foundation), money laundering, racketeering, and obstruction of justice. Many of these crimes were known to those of us who were living in NYC early on. Thus, to imply that all of a sudden, partisans are engaging in law fare is to ignore Trump's entire lifetime of criminality and the decades of litigation.

BTW, Trump was found guilty by a jury of his peers. He was born, raised, and lived in NYC, and continued living there until he changed his residency to Florida in 2019.
I have no idea if the jury was his peers or not.

President Trump wasn't on trial for his past. Or maybe he was. JMO.

Welcome to Websleuths @Bibbers! :) Well-reasoned first post. Thanks!
It's a very enlightening post. I noted it was said that everyone in Manhattan knew about President Trumps prior activities.

That includes the jury that was selected for this trial. Did that influence them in making their decision? Maybe.

JMO.

Actually - only 2 of the cases he can pardon himself - DC one & Florida. The Georgia case is brought by the State - not Federal gov't. So there is that! :)

Welcome to Websleuths @Bibbers! :) Well-reasoned first post. Thanks!
Thank you so much! I'm a long-time lurker but read about cases everyday on Websleuths! Most of the time I'm in awe of the talents on this site and don't feel my thoughts add that much!

“This was a sham show trial. The Kangaroo Court will never stand on appeal. Americans deserve better than a sitting U.S. President weaponizing our justice system against a political opponent— all to win an election,” Gov. Greg Abbott said on social media.

Former President Donald Trump said he is “OK” with serving potential jail time or being under house arrest following his historic conviction on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records.

“I’m OK with it,” Trump told Fox News in an interview that aired Sunday when asked about the potential punishments. “I saw one of my lawyers the other day on television saying, ‘Oh no, you don’t want to do that to the president.’ I said: You don’t beg for anything.”

But, Trump added, “I don’t think the public would stand it. I’m not sure the public would stand for it.”

“I think it would be tough for the public to take, you know, at a certain point, there’s a breaking point,” Trump said.

It's a very enlightening post. I noted it was said that everyone in Manhattan knew about President Trumps prior activities.

That includes the jury that was selected for this trial. Did that influence them in making their decision? Maybe.

JMO.
We don't know that these jurors are life-long Manhattanites. They were selected by the Prosecution AND the Defense, who had plenty of chances to strike them if they thought the jurors wouldn't or couldn't weigh the charges based on the evidence presented. Inferring that they had some sort of agenda due to Trumps reputation is a big reach. IMO.

We don't know that these jurors are life-long Manhattanites. They were selected by the Prosecution AND the Defense, who had plenty of chances to strike them if they thought the jurors wouldn't or couldn't weigh the charges based on the evidence presented. Inferring that they had some sort of agenda due to Trumps reputation is a big reach. IMO.
The defense wanted a change of venue that would have helped to mitigate possible bias from a Manhattan jury but it was denied. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back