GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's another quote from Elie Honig about the three underlying crimes that I agree with and feel will be part of an appeal. It aligns with one of my posts up thread.
To address the argument that the DA's timing violated Trump's constitutional rights:

The defense had ample opportunity to request detailed information before the trial through pre-trial motions. The judge determined that the indictment and disclosures met legal standards, ensuring the defense was informed of the charges. This timing is legally permissible as long as the defendant's ability to prepare a defense is not compromised.

Not in terms of a change of venue. You said "I feel that a change of venue was proper for this case but not for all cases."

That's what I was responding to. If the argument is political bias, change of venue should apply across the board. MOO
Yes. I still think that's what I'm saying. Not all cases have political bias. This one does.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to see what I mean. JMO.

To address the argument that the DA's timing violated Trump's constitutional rights:

The defense had ample opportunity to request detailed information before the trial through pre-trial motions. The judge determined that the indictment and disclosures met legal standards, ensuring the defense was informed of the charges. This timing is legally permissible as long as the defendant's ability to prepare a defense is not compromised.
I think the judge in this case got a lot of things wrong that will cause this case to be reversed. JMO.

Yes. I still think that's what I'm saying. Not all cases have political bias. This one does.

I don't understand why it's so hard for you to see what I mean. JMO.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. We can't say one case has political bias so it should be moved because it's impossible to find an impartial jury but other cases do not. If we can find 12 impartial jurors in TX to try an abortion case, then we can find 12 impartial jurors in Manhattan to try Trump. To suggest that's impossible is outrageous to me. MOO.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. We can't say one case has political bias so it should be moved because it's impossible to find an impartial jury but other cases do not. If we can find 12 impartial jurors in TX to try an abortion case, then we can find 12 impartial jurors in Manhattan to try Trump. To suggest that's impossible is outrageous to me. MOO.
That's not what I'm saying.

That's not the point. The trial could have been moved to Staten Island where it would be more likely to seat an unbiased jury.

Can you provide a link to the fact that a New York jury is more biased than Staten Island juries? I've never heard that.

President Trump didn't weaponize the justice system. But it has been used successfully against him. JMO.

He tried to but thankfully there were some sane people in his admin that stopped him (from this and other extreme actions he wanted to take, and those people probably won't be there if he is ever in office again).

He tried to but thankfully there were some sane people in his admin that stopped him (from this and other extreme actions he wanted to take, and those people probably won't be there if he is ever in office again).

Too bad the same thing didn't happen in this case. JMO.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE:

Dropping a quick reminder that we expect our members to treat all of our other members with respect. Please check your posts before you hit "post reply," and hit the backspace if you need to.

Websleuths members have the use of the emoji feature (to react to member posts) but some of you are occasionally using the HaHa one to ridicule or mock other members rather than using it as a way to share a chuckle. This is NOT respectful.

The Xenforo software doesn't have a means for us to remove individual emojis but we can remove the entire emoji selection from an individual user.

Members who continue to use the emojis improperly risk having the privilege to use that feature removed.

Knitty,

Trump is having his first campaign rally after his conviction today in Staten Island. The Trump store bus had a crash a little while ago. I honestly didn't know there was a store bus. Hope everyone is OK!

bus-png.507536

Attachments

• bus.png
    bus.png
    942.9 KB · Views: 177

Trump hails Republicans for defending him and calls conviction ‘a scam’​

Trump derides his conviction and baselessly characterizes it as political weaponization of US justice system

[…]

Throughout the interview, Trump derided the conviction, baselessly characterizing it as political weaponization of the US justice system, while thanking the Republican party for largely supporting him.

[…]

A Reuters poll found one in 10 Republicans are less likely to vote for Trump following the conviction. A Morning Consult poll found 49% of independents and 15% of Republicans think Trump should end his presidential campaign as a result of the conviction.

[…]

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is having his first campaign rally after his conviction today in Staten Island. The Trump store bus had a crash a little while ago. I honestly didn't know there was a store bus. Hope everyone is OK!

bus-png.507536

OMG! The damage is horrendous! Thankfully no one was hurt. Parked at the CVS and rolled away without anyone in it. Hmmm.

Trump hails Republicans for defending him and calls conviction ‘a scam’​

In Fox interview, Trump derides his conviction and baselessly characterizes it as political weaponization of US justice system

[…]

Throughout the interview, Trump derided the conviction, baselessly characterizing it as political weaponization of the US justice system, while thanking the Republican party for largely supporting him.

[…]

A Reuters poll found one in 10 Republicans are less likely to vote for Trump following the conviction. A Morning Consult poll found 49% of independents and 15% of Republicans think Trump should end his presidential campaign as a result of the conviction.

[…]

The freedom of speech can cause so much division and dangerous situations. If you have leaders who still claim the election was stolen after countless investigations prove otherwise...that is a disgrace and an ethical violation as far as I'm concerned. If you have leaders claiming the court cases against only Trump and his supporters are scams, after countless investigations, something is wrong and it is a disgrace and an ethical violation. I question if they have had an issue with other high profile cases being prosecuted?

Board room meetings don't have the embarrassment and chaos that are characteristic of our national government hearings and meetings. The name calling, talking out of turn & off topic, persistent, senseless, unproductive debate (yeah, some of our leaders thrive in discord and give a show of it every time they open their mouths, disrespect, and not willing to come to a consensus on important country decisions, simply because someone is from another political party is horrible.

Robert's Rule of Order and ethics are completely out the door! Seriously, what rules on order are they supposed to follow?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back