GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG! The damage is horrendous! Thankfully no one was hurt. Parked at the CVS and rolled away without anyone in it. Hmmm.

I’ve never seen a mobile “Trump store” like that. I agree that thankfully no one was hurt.

I feel no sense of schadenfreude if his supporters are injured, as long as they are non-violent and not of the same ilk as the January 6th rioters or the neo-Nazis.

JMO

Stormy Daniels breaks silence on Donald Trump's guilty verdict and says 'jail him now'​

[…]

Speaking for the first time since White House hopeful Trump was found guilty, the former adult actress told us: “I think he should be sentenced to jail and some community service working for the less fortunate, or being the volunteer punching bag at a women's shelter.”

Stormy told how she now feels vindicated - and warns the world ahead of Trump’s fresh bid for office: “He is completely and utterly out of touch with reality.”

[…]

But after bringing down the world’s once most powerful man, Stormy, 45, said that despite how justice has been served, she will never escape the death threats from Trump’s supporters.

[…]

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., vowed to retaliate for the guilty verdict against former President Trump on Sunday, saying House Republicans would use “everything in our arsenal.”​

(…)
We are the rule of law party. Chaos is not a conservative value. We have to fight back, and we will with everything in our arsenal. But we will do that within the confines of the rule of law,” Johnson said.

“We believe in our institutions. We are conservatives, and we are trying to conserve the greatest country in the history of the world. And its institutions are an important part of that. Our system of justice is an important part of that,” he added.

Mark Zauderer, a veteran New York litigator who sits on a committee that screens applicants for the same court that will hear Trump’s appeal, said that Merchan avoided pitfalls that often doom convictions.

“This case has none of the usual red flags for reversal on appeal,” Zauderer said. “The judge’s demeanor was flawless.”

Bragg’s head of appeals, Steven Wu, a fast-talking litigator, attended much of the trial. When the verdict was read, he was sitting in the second row, to Bragg’s right.

It is now Wu’s job to ensure that Trump does not escape his conviction.

But now, just like every other criminal defendant in New York, the deck is stacked against him. Appeals courts typically frown upon overturning jury decisions, barring some glaring error or misconduct.

“This is a garden-variety state court conviction,” Zauderer said. “I don't see a plausible path to the Supreme Court.”

Quid pro quo
"The United States Supreme Court MUST DECIDE!"
1. The sentencing date of July 11, 2024 was approved by both the defense and the state.

2. There's no evidence that George Soros is a direct financial backer of Alvin Bragg. He donated to the DNC just like millionaires and billionaires donate to the RNC.

3. I have yet to find any quotes from campaign Alivn Bragg saying "I will get Trump".

It's worth noting that when Michael Cohen was indicted by the feds in 2018 for the Stormy payments, Trump was implicated repeatedly as "Individual-1." He wasn't indicted by the feds because he was then the sitting president, and Jeff Sessions was his AG.

According to Michael Cohen's testimony, Trump said he had Sessions in his "back pocket".

Verdict reaction from George Conway.

Partial transcript:

In terms of this verdict, I was surprised by the fact that so many people were surprised.

I was in that courtroom for a number of the days. I read the transcript. I followed along very closely. And this case was never, ever close. It wasn't. There was really no defense.

The only defense was that Michael Cohen lied on some other occasions. But on the things that he testified to about Donald Trump, and Stormy Daniels, and Karen McDougal, and the catch-and-kill scheme with "The National Enquirer," all that was corroborated many, many times over by documents.

So I'm just surprised at how many people were kind of unwilling to accept this case.

That said, I think that this case really does capture Donald Trump, in a way. It captured -- it's where he started. He's been a criminal his entire life, and he cannot help himself. I mean, you go out there, and you see his son and him, all claiming that they are the victims of some mastermind scheme by President Biden. I mean, it's just silly and ridiculous. And Marco Rubio should be ashamed.

I mean, if you don't want to be found guilty of falsifying business records as a felony, don't sleep with the p o r n star; don't lie about it; don't pay her off; don't cover up the payoff. Don't cover up the payoff in the middle of a presidential campaign where you're making an illegal contribution. And don't gross the guy up for taxes who you used as a front man.

If you don't want to be held liable for rape, like Donald Trump has, don't grab the woman's genitalia. If you don't want to be held liable for defaming the woman that you raped, don't keep lying about what you did and calling her a nut job.

If you don't want to be indicted for overthrowing the Constitution, don't start a self-coup. If you don't want to be indicted for stealing classified documents and obstructing justice, don't take the classified documents. When the government asked for it back, give them back. If the FBI serves you with a search warrant, don't hide the documents. And don't lie about it, and don't have your lawyers lie about it.

This isn't that hard. Donald Trump is not the victim here. Donald Trump does all of these things to hit himself.

And I agree with David. I mean, once upon a time, the Republican Party was the party, not just of anti-hippies, but of personal responsibility and of law and order.

Where is that party? No one in the Republican Party is willing to hold Donald Trump to account for his crimes. Crimes that aren't really even in dispute.

And no one is willing to call him out. Instead, he's going to get the nomination. That's just insane, and it just shows the degree of moral rot we have on the conservative side of politics today.

[bbm]

fire.pngfire.pngfire.pngfire.pngfire.pngfire.png

It starts 30 seconds in. Oh my, can words haunt you.

Does anyone else notice how everything Trump is guilty of he spins to make it seem the other person or the other party is guilty of the exact same thing? He blames others for exactly his own despicable behaviours. Narcissists have a way of doing just that. It's a treacherous tactic and it works to muddy the waters and confuse others. Crazy making behavior.<modsnip>MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else notice how everything Trump is guilty of he spins to make it seem the other person or the other party is guilty of the exact same thing? He blames others for exactly his own despicable behaviours. Narcissists have a way of doing just that. It's a treacherous tactic and it works to muddy the waters and confuse others. Crazy making behavior. <modsnip>MOO.

The stupidest repeated line is
paraphrasing.
This isn't about me,they're coming after you and I'm just standing in the way.

Then the
if this can happen to me it can happen to you.

For starters I must remember to tell all my male relatives/friends do not have sex with a *advertiser censored* star then decide to run for president and pay her off also with an NDA so your sex romp will never hit the news before your election.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stupidest repeated line is
paraphrasing.
This isn't about me,they're coming after you and I'm just standing in the way.

Then the
if this can happen to me it can happen to you.

For starters I must remember to tell all my male relatives/friends do not have sex with a *advertiser censored* star then decide to run for president and pay her off also with an NDA so your sex romp will never hit the news before your election.
He uses fear to keep his followers in line. It's not about him at all. It's about them.
He uses psychological tactics to get his followers to do his bidding. Rounding up his little soldiers with scare tactics. Who else in history did this??? MOO.

He uses fear to keep his followers in line. It's not about him at all. It's about them.
He uses psychological tactics to get his followers to do his bidding. Rounding up his little soldiers with scare tactics. Who else in history did this??? MOO.
None of Trump's scare tactics make any sense so it's a damn good thing that Bragg's prosecutors repeatedly told the jurors to use their 'common sense".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back