GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And now cops are searching for the suspected killer, who sat in the lobby—wearing a black hood and mask—until he followed the victim into the elevator and stabbed him to death.

On Monday afternoon, Saleh walked into the building in shorts and a T-shirt and was followed into the elevator by the apparent assailant. The law-enforcement source said Saleh appeared suspicious when the man fumbled with the elevator, which requires the use of a key fob to open on a particular floor.

When the doors opened on the seventh floor, Saleh walked into his apartment and the man followed. A struggle ensued, but then the elevator doors closed, blocking the camera’s view of what happened inside the apartment after that. But an autopsy determined the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.

The law-enforcement source said some body parts were missing, and investigators think the butcher may have been scared off by a relative trying to get into the apartment before he could finish disposing of the remains. In addition to the elevator, a stairway led from the apartment to the building exit.

Cops Hunt for ‘Grim Reaper’ After CEO’s Cut-Up Body Found in NYC Luxury Apartment

I agree with your post 100%. This is about a business dealing that went bad
Amateur opinion and speculation
Now I'm going to contradict myself.
I have a second theory, although I think my first theory is likely right.

What is this was an "honor killing"
Perhaps he chose a lifestyle or some action that was punishable by an honor killing?
Just a thought

I think this killer was very cognizant of the cameras, was careful to disguise himself, wore gloves throughout the attack, and whether he was a hit man or not, is long gone out of the area....or even the country (particularly if a hit man).

"Honor killing" is an interesting theory.

Graphic video warning

Video of remains being removed from NY Apartment.
Uh...they must of sort of pieced him together to remove him like this?
Sorry to be so practical, but this just seems odd considering the description of how he was found?
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/video-shows-fahim-salehs-remains-being-removed-from-murder-scene/

Yes, I believe they would put all of him together in one body bag where there is still a semblance of him as a whole person.

So how does an elevator that drops you off into your own apt actually work? I’ve only seen them on tv.

Anybody can ride the elevator but you need a PIN to actually open the door? If others are in elevator with you, they can see into your apt when it opens? Would every Apt have this access?

Finally, regarding the ninja. I can only assume he was not wearing a mask in the lobby/elevator, which is why he was described as nicely dressed. Then when he heard sister coming up, he throws mask on.

And why so long there. Obviously had plans outside of killing the victim. Why all the dismemberment and bagging.

I’m curious about the mask, it was described as a black mask. At first I thought a covid Medical mask as it wouldn’t necessarily cause suspicion, and fahim didn’t seem alerted/suspicious by him at first, but now I’m not sure? I guess it must be though, which should imply the top half of his face/ eye area will be visible on the cctv?
You’re right about mask. Didn’t even think of COVID. It wouldn’t necessarily stand out now.

So how does an elevator that drops you off into your own apt actually work? I’ve only seen them on tv.

Anybody can ride the elevator but you need a PIN to actually open the door? If others are in elevator with you, they can see into your apt when it opens? Would every Apt have this access?

Finally, regarding the ninja. I can only assume he was not wearing a mask in the lobby/elevator, which is why he was described as nicely dressed. Then when he heard sister coming up, he throws mask on.

And why so long there. Obviously had plans outside of killing the victim. Why all the dismemberment and bagging.

Why so long there? I think because he had to wait for livor mortis to take place....the state where blood circulation no longer takes place (minimum 6 hours from what I learned).
It's stated that there was very little blood. The body was not dismembered right away after the killing.

So this tells me the killer knew what he was doing.

But it also makes me ask the question, why would he have the need to dispose of the body in several bags...why not just leave him there?
So that again makes me ask whether he had a reason to make Mr Saleb disappear, to make it appear he was never home that day?

All this of course before the killer was interrupted by the sister arriving.

there is probably a vestibule when you get out of the elevator, and then you go through another door to the actual apartment. Jme

As for the "some body parts were missing"....I expect LE are checking the basement garbage deposit area/incinerator? I imagine this high end building has individual garbage chutes.
Ugh, what a horrific case. I feel so bad for his sisters and family.

Why so long there? I think because he had to wait for livor mortis to take place....the state where blood circulation no longer takes place (minimum 6 hours from what I learned).
It's stated that there was very little blood. The body was not dismembered right away after the killing.

So this tells me the killer knew what he was doing.

But it also makes me ask the question, why would he have the need to dispose of the body in several bags...why not just leave him there?
So that again makes me ask whether he had a reason to make Mr Saleb disappear, to make it appear he was never home that day?

All this of course before the killer was interrupted by the sister arriving.
Right. Why why why. So many bizarre things here. Seems like he clearly was going to take body with him!

And another body was found in a bag in NYC today.

Oh, ok. On TV it drops you right into your apt and you see Roommates and all!

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/new-yor...-york-ny-10002--2392788886?mid=4#lil-mediaTab

this is a listing from his building, not his exact unit, but anyway, I think most people would have the doors closed and locked unlike in this pic. But I’ve never lived in an apartment with my own elevator, or any elevator at all for that matter.... I’ve only experienced through the lives of my rich friends lol. And they kept their doors closed.

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/new-yor...-york-ny-10002--2392788886?mid=4#lil-mediaTab

this is a listing from his building, not his exact unit, but anyway, I think most people would have the doors closed and locked unlike in this pic. But I’ve never lived in an apartment with my own elevator, or any elevator at all for that matter.... I’ve only experienced through the lives of my rich friends lol. And they kept their doors closed.
The floor plan shown at the end of the pictures has a note "floors 5 through 8", so that would be the 7th floor apartment plan. One can see there's a hall area right in front of the elevator.

What is this was an "honor killing"
Perhaps he chose a lifestyle or some action that was punishable by an honor killing?
Just a thought Amateur opinion and speculation
Possible, but the victim was Bengali.

Historically, Bangladesh follows a relaxed form of Islam that is relatively tolerant of alcohol, pre or extra marital sexual encounters (Ok, probably more for men than for women), and a lack of mandatory or "encouraged" hijabs etc. Their relatively relaxed form of Islam contributed to the cultural and linguistic fault lines with Pakistan that led to the two nations splitting up.

This does not mean that there are not a lot of exceptions regarding how Bengali Muslims approach Islam. Nor does it mean that one must even be Muslim to commit an honor killing (recent case in Israel involved a Christian Arab).

But..... historically, Bengalis have just not been prone to honor killings.

But if fahim suddenly disappeared, and made no contact with friends or family in the coming days or weeks, his family would surely alert the cops. the cops would then subsequently look at any cctv in his apartment block and see this mysterious masked up man follow him into the lift on this Monday afternoon, (the day he stops responding to anyone) and what looks like the assailant taser him as he walked out. They may find no body, but they would know enough to suspect foul play and know that This isn’t a case of him simply disappearing. None of it really makes any sense. It’s very strange and I have so many questions right now...

The floor plan shown at the end of the pictures has a note "floors 5 through 8", so that would be the 7th floor apartment plan. One can see there's a hall area right in front of the elevator.

yeah you can see in the pic I linked that the elevator is in the hallway but in the pic they have all the doors open

If you want to get an understanding of who Saleh was up against you should watch BBC 'Law and Disorder in Lagos' by Louis Theroux. It's a whole different world in Lagos, Nigeria that has an entrenched mafia who extorts drivers and shop owners through low level 'Area Boys' that funnel the money to the top.

These foreigners with ride hailing start-ups are seen as an existential threat to what is basically a violent, entrenched mafia. These guys by the way hire assassins:
Police arrest alleged serial assassin, former NURTW boss for murder | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News
Now you've got this foreigner who is trying to disrupt the local mafia who is posting pictures of where he lives. Now those foreigners with their start-ups know they've got to either pay up to the local mafia, fold or risk ending up in a body bag. I'm mentioning 'foreigners' because these mafia groups specifically call 'foreigners' out with disdain for trying to change the system while not being a part of the country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back