NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret Service preps for Trump's arrival in New York

Monica Alba and Rose Horowitch
The U.S. Secret Service is preparing for Trump's arrival in New York ahead of his high-profile arraignment Tuesday.

Patrick Freaney, Special Agent in Charge of the Secret Service’s New York field office, said in a statement that officers are trying to "minimize disruptions" to normal court proceedings while protecting Trump.

"We have the utmost trust and confidence in the New York State Court officers and New York City Police Department," he said.

@PaulaReidCNN

JUST IN: Trump team tells judge to deny media request to have cameras in court for historic arraignment, arguing it “will create a circus like atmosphere…raises unique security concern and is inconsistent with Trump’s presumption of innocence.”
I fully expect the circus will occur whether cameras are allowed or not. I am rather surprised that the defense has made that request in light of 45's apparent love of the spotlight. I expected him to want his supporters to have a front row seat to his persecution. It aligns with his brand.

Rep. Daniel Goldman, D-N.Y., issued a stern warning against Trump's escalation of attacks against Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg ahead of the former president's arraignment tomorrow.

Goldman served as lead counsel for House Democrats in the first impeachment trial of Trump. He won the House seat for New York's 10th Congressional District in the November midterm elections.

@PaulaReidCNN

JUST IN: Trump team tells judge to deny media request to have cameras in court for historic arraignment, arguing it “will create a circus like atmosphere…raises unique security concern and is inconsistent with Trump’s presumption of innocence.”

Sounds like Defense 101 request from counsel for a defendant where the underlying case has high public interest. Making this request is his JOB. I'd expect Defense to make this request consistently and for every Court appearance.

Supporters of former president Donald Trump rallied Monday morning in West Palm Beach.

Bad link, try this one.

@PaulaReidCNN

Was someone saying something about a circus like atmosphere??

Trump rips Manhattan DA and special counsel from plane​

In a number of posts that Trump shared on Truth Social while en route to New York on Monday, the former president lambasted the Manhattan DA's office and Special Counsel Jack Smith.

Trump ranted about Biden's handling of classified documents and said he did nothing wrong with how he dealt with similar documents that were taken from the White House and discovered at Mar-a-Lago.

The former president called Smith, who's leading the federal probe into Trump's handling of classified documents and his role in Jan. 6, a "lunatic."

"When will they be looking at the Biden Documents ... I followed the Presidential Records Act, he didn’t. He OBSTRUCTED, I DIDN’T. Trump hating Prosecutor Jack Smith, a lunatic, should 'GET BIDEN!'" he wrote.

Marketing executives believe the photo could be used as a rallying cry for both pro-Trump and anti-Trump camps.

Trump camp says they've raised $7 million since indictment news broke​

Megan Lebowitz
Trump campaign advisor Jason Miller said on Twitter that Trump's presidential campaign has raised $7 million since news of the indictment broke.

NBC News cannot independently verify those claims because candidates are not required to file federal campaign finance reports until April 15.

Miller has previously advised Trump's campaign but had a stint as CEO of the right-leaning social media platform GETTR before coming back to Trump's campaign for the 2024 re-elect.

I'm not sure their client goes along with cutting down on his TV time.

I noticed their client has already booked TV time by scheduling a MAL presser for Tues pm.
I'd expect Trump to play the spin game he knows, create his own narrative(s), even if it drives his own counsel nuts. JMO

What do you think the focus of the protests would be? Are folks protesting the fact that T was indicted? Are they protesting the legal process? Or do you think it's something else, perhaps a general anger and fear that can't be quantified?
That's a great question--I can only guess at the answer. From what I've read, I assume the crux of any protest would focus on the charges being politically biased and unfair.

I would also hazard a guess that protests might be more significant IF Trump is convicted of anything. As opposed to an initial indictment. But, that's all just MOO.

As you mention, there might also be a "general anger" behind the protests.

Or, maybe they'll just throw more money behind him. NBC reported that just in one day after he was indicted, he raised $4 million.

I would hope they'd remain non-violent, and this doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that would make too many folks fighting mad.

We live in very interesting times.

Megan Lebowitz
Trump campaign advisor Jason Miller said on Twitter that Trump's presidential campaign has raised $7 million since news of the indictment broke.

NBC News cannot independently verify those claims because candidates are not required to file federal campaign finance reports until April 15.

Miller has previously advised Trump's campaign but had a stint as CEO of the right-leaning social media platform GETTR before coming back to Trump's campaign for the 2024 re-elect.

:cool:

Megan Lebowitz

If there's one thing Trump does well, it's raising money. Or attracting money. Whichever. And, I mean, he's a multi-billionaire, so it's not like he needs the money.

Security around Trump Tower

New York’s iconic 5th Avenue was already one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city, and Trump's imminent arrival has made it even more chaotic.

Police are using several buses to block part of the sidewalk directly across from Trump Tower, while officers patrol the nearby intersection. Police have erected a maze of security barricades down the entire block, choking the busy sidewalk traffic.

Megan Lebowitz

I donno. T hasn't been all that reliable when working with numbers.

That's a great question--I can only guess at the answer. From what I've read, I assume the crux of any protest would focus on the charges being politically biased and unfair.

I would also hazard a guess that protests might be more significant IF Trump is convicted of anything. As opposed to an initial indictment. But, that's all just MOO.

As you mention, there might also be a "general anger" behind the protests.

Or, maybe they'll just throw more money behind him. NBC reported that just in one day after he was indicted, he raised $4 million.

I would hope they'd remain non-violent, and this doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that would make too many folks fighting mad.

We live in very interesting times.
Even the poll posted here earlier via CNN, showed that something like 71% of the pollsters agreed that this is entirely politically motivated. And this coming from people that (for the most part) have a severely unfavorable view of Trump.

This includes myself. If Trump wasn't planning to run in 2024, I don't honestly think any of this would be happening.

jmo

ETA: For more accurate info on that poll located here DocumentCloud

TABLE 005 Question 5 5. How big a role, if at all, do you think politics played in the decision to indict Trump?
Base: Total Respondents

The actual response was on average, 76% said yes, politics played a role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member