NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally out of his control and LE.
Of course he's not responsible for the mugshots, but he is the one who called it a "fake case." Perhaps he meant "unfair" or something, because one thing is certain - it's real. MOO

Former President Donald Trump decried the criminal allegations against him in Manhattan as a “fake case” in his first spoken remarks on his criminal indictment Tuesday night, calling on District Attorney Alvin Bragg to resign and slamming the judge overseeing the case as “Trump-hating” just hours after he pleaded not guilty to 34 felony charges in his courtroom.

‘In the eye of the Stormy’: how papers across the world reacted to Trump’s charges

The former president’s appearance in a New York court house dominates front pages from Europe to Britain and the US on Wednesday

Do legal experts think there is ‘no case’ as Trump claims?

Tonight Donald Trump said “every single pundit and legal analyst said there is no case”.

He didn’t name any specifically, but even allowing for exaggeration, the claim is clearly not true.

There’s a wide range of opinion about the case. Some legal experts say it will be hard for prosecutors to prove the former president committed a felony.

Randy Zelin, a Cornell Law School professor, told CBS New the prosecution could face significant hurdles in convincing a jury that Trump intended to commit or conceal another crime when he allegedly falsified business records.

But others think the case against Mr Trump is a pretty strong one.

For example, two legal analysts writing in the New York Times noted: “The creation of phony documentation to cover up campaign finance violations has been repeatedly prosecuted in New York. That is exactly what Mr. Trump stands accused of.

“The judge and jury will make the ultimate determination, but they will be far from the first to consider this question, and the answer has usually been a guilty verdict.”

Reporting by Jake Horton

Possibly. From what I see here and there, I'm not so sure. If you mean the 30%ers who are hardcore Trump all the way, yes, that's likely. But the GOP is made up of more than that and they need the 19-20% in addition to position themselves for a win in the next election.

I think some 3rd party people will move away from the GOP if Trump is the candidate.

I have to say that I don't know a lot of Trump supporters personally, but my family members who supported Trump last election are not at all fond of him at this exact moment. So it varies. He solidifies his hardcore base, but in my observations, he's alienated his more religious base (the people I'm mentioning are in that segment of his support).

IMO.
The GOP didn't have enough hardcore Trump supporters in 2020, which is why he lost. His daily, chaotic, divisive rhetoric is the reason. Trump's response? The election was stolen. Solution: his "Patriot" lemmings attacked the Capitol. He still insists it was stolen and has continued to viciously attack anybody in his own party who disagrees.

I think Trump's arrest today, and his refusal to take accountability for his actions including his continuing lies, is going to be the last straw for any voter with common sense.

The GOP didn't have enough hardcore Trump supporters in 2020, which is why he lost. His daily, chaotic, divisive rhetoric is the reason. Trump's response? The election was stolen. Solution: his "Patriot" lemmings attacked the Capitol. He still insists it was stolen and has continued to viciously attack anybody in his own party who disagrees.

I think Trump's arrest today, and his refusal to take accountability for his actions including his continuing lies, is going to be the last straw for any voter with common sense.
The last straw for any voter with common sense? That seems political.

Trump makes the attacks personal​

"The real criminal is the district attorney because he illegally leaked," Trump says about Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

He says that the leaking of information to the press should lead to his prosecution or at the very least his resignation.

He goes on to condemn a tweet from Bragg's wife saying that the charges will "nail" Trump.

"She has since locked down her Twitter account," he claims.

He also attacks the judge's family, saying: "I have a Trump-hating judge with a Trump-hating family, whose daughter worked for Kamala Harris."

This is not the first time that Trump has criticised the judge overseeing his case.

Isn’t this kinda what the judge nicely, yet firmly asked him NOT to do?

I disagree. I'm not aware of any politician charged with a crime being re-elected.

It is rare but it has happened. The most recent time I know of is Duncan Hunter.

He was convicted, but before his prison sentence started in 2020, he was pardoned by guess who?

Oops, there was another that year. Chris Collins. Both Collins and Hunter were among the very first congressman to endorse Donald Trump in his 2016 campaign.

Collins was also convicted. He did begin his prison sentence in 2020, but it only lasted for a couple months before he was also pardoned by the president at the time, I won't mention any names.

It is rare but it has happened. The most recent time I know of is Duncan Hunter.

He was convicted, but before his prison sentence started in 2020, he was pardoned by guess who?
I never heard of the guy and looked him up. He sounds like a mini-Trump with the campaign finance criminal charges plus multiple affairs. Congress forced him to resign. His wife was also pardoned by guess who?

just say that there is no dispute that Stormy
Daniels is a p*rn star, and no dispute that she was paid $130,000 by Trump through convoluted means.

Why did he pay her? He didn’t pay $130,000 to me or anyone else here, I presume. The payment is the blue dress.
Arkay, how do these comments prove Daniels had an affair with Trump? I've seen a picture of them together at a golfing event I believe. But that's all I've seen. Is there something else? And how does that prove they had an affair?
Answering your question, he paid her because she filed a lawsuit. Nuisance lawsuits are filed against affluent folks all the time, unfortunately. Some have a basis and some don't. "Throw some money at it" "Make it go away" have become far too prevalent in our litigious society. The defendant doesn't want to be bothered with spending any time on it. I'm guessing the courts don't mind as their schedules aren't jammed with these type cases.

Fact-check: Hunter Biden’s ‘laptop from hell’

Donald Trump began his remarks at Mar-a-Lago by quickly bringing up “Hunter Biden‘s laptop from hell, which the former president falsely claimed exposes the Biden family as “criminals”.

Conservatives have latched on to the story about the laptop since it was reportedly left by Hunter in a computer repair shop in 2020, and argue it contains data somehow proving corruption on the part of Joe Biden and his relatives. Data on the laptop, which analysts and news media examined extensively, showed that Hunter tried to use his family name to his advantage, but did not show corruption on the part of Joe Biden.

Glad you’re not on my jury

I never heard of the guy and looked him up. He sounds like a mini-Trump with the campaign finance criminal charges plus multiple affairs. Congress forced him to resign. His wife was also pardoned by guess who?

It was in a safe Republican district, so not too surprising that he won. When an indicted candidate has won, it has been when they were running in a very easy district for their party.

So I can see Trump winning the nomination while indicted. Winning the general would be tougher. Even without the indictment, I don't thinks his chances would have been good to win in the general. Other Republicans would probably have a better chance imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1