VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KlasfeldReports
·
2m

Maxwell's lawyer: "They will not overcome the burden. They will not overcome reasonable doubt."

@KlasfeldReports
·
3m

Sternheim (cont'd) "The govt is trying to stitch together the stories of four different people, four stories to [show] a pattern." She calls the common pattern money from the Epstein fund. "Big bucks," she says.

@KlasfeldReports
·
1m

The defense opening statement concludes. 10 minute recess before the start of witness testimony.

I guess the defense is doing what a defense does, but I find their treatment of the victims abhorrent.

Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr., who was hired by Epstein in 1991, was asked about the relationship between the late pedophile and his longtime alleged madam, describing it as “more personal than business.”

“I wouldn’t even categorize it as romantic,” he said, noting it was more “couple-ish.”

Yet, Visoski, who goes by the nickname “Larry,” said he never witnessed them kiss or hold hands.

Visoski testified that when he met Maxwell, she managed Epstein’s many households, including hiring staff and decorating his residences.

Prosecutors in their opening statements earlier Monday had described the British socialite as a “lady of the house” who was “involved in every detail of Epstein’s life.”

Prosecutors call Epstein pilot as witness in Ghislaine Maxwell trial

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
1h

Good morning from New York. Some exhibits were entered into evidence yesterday during Day 1 in the sex trafficking trial of Ghislaine Maxwell. Epstein's pilot, who took the stand yesterday, continues testifying this morning.

1h

Service advisory: I will not be live-tweeting the morning session. However, I will continue to do so regularly, including in the afternoon, and I'll loop back to what happened in the morning later in the day.

51m

And to answer an FAQ asked frequently about this trial: Federal court proceedings are not televised. That's why you're not seeing an audio or visual record of it inside the courtroom.

@jkbjournalist
·
44m

Another fun day at the SDNY courthouse. Waited in line early at 6:30 — got a good place in line. Then they send the media to another entrance where we file in — then suddenly the officers bark at us to get out! we are directed to go back to the first entrance — now at end of line

FFcbvfQXwAY8viq

19m

Now the thermal scanners don’t work.

5m

Still waiting to get through security.

4m

If I ever get through security I will only be able to get in an overflow courtroom where the images on the screen are so small we can’t see who is speaking.

an hour ago
Maxwell juror excused over 'surprise' trip
By Ben Feuerherd and Tamar Lapin

Juror #58 was excused over a vacation they just couldn’t reschedule.

The “surprise” trip from the panelist’s spouse was brought up yesterday, as jury selection was being finalized.

Judge Alison Nathan asked the juror if they could reschedule the Dec. 24 to 28 excursion.

“I had an additional conversation with the juror, they were confident there was no way to move it,” Nathan said today.

“I think I have to excuse the juror.”

This means the panel is now down to five alternates.

an hour ago
Maxwell juror excused over 'surprise' trip
By Ben Feuerherd and Tamar Lapin

Juror #58 was excused over a vacation they just couldn’t reschedule.

The “surprise” trip from the panelist’s spouse was brought up yesterday, as jury selection was being finalized.

Judge Alison Nathan asked the juror if they could reschedule the Dec. 24 to 28 excursion.

“I had an additional conversation with the juror, they were confident there was no way to move it,” Nathan said today.

“I think I have to excuse the juror.”

This means the panel is now down to five alternates.
That last minute "surprise trip" sounded fishy yesterday. Sounds fishy again today. jmo. (Oh well, on second thought maybe it was a Christmas gift. Just filling space until some reporting comes in.)

@molcranenewman

https://mobile.twitter.com/molcranenewman/status/1465702703858741260
Larry Visoski said he flew Epstein to his private Caribbean island at least every ten days for 20 years. "It was a regular destination." And it wasn't unusual to see Maxwell in the cockpit, which had a burgundy carpet, Visoski said. She flew Epstein's helicopters many times.
https://mobile.twitter.com/molcranenewman/status/1465706015802888198
Visoski is testifying about flight logs. If he couldn't get a passenger's name, the captain would try to make a note of their gender, he testified. Unclear if he'll name drop Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, or Donald Trump—all of whom allegedly traveled on Epstein's private planes.

Hmmmm…..

The new FAA records also reveal 704 previously unknown flights taken by Epstein's planes. These include hundreds of trips from a three-year gap in the public record, from 2013 to 2016, when the jets' movements were unaccounted for.

The new flight records do not include the names of passengers, but they may offer clues about the whereabouts of Epstein's close associates. Maxwell was a frequent passenger aboard the disgraced financier's jets.

The FAA accidentally disclosed more than 2,000 flight records associated with Jeffrey Epstein's private jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member