GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fasten your seatbelts folks.
I predict this case is about to get crazier than it already is.
Let us remember that the Perp in question holds lots and lots of very sensitive information about some powerful men.

Let's see what happens from here.....

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wish I could believe this.

I’m Assuming that after a guilty verdict you can’t make a plea deal? Some people in the U.K. appear to think this is possible
In the US, seems unlikely.

I also can’t access the NYT paywall, is that the unsealing of GM testimony?
It's a 2016 deposition in the civil case between VRG and GM. Here's a direct link, but be warned, it's excruciating to read and there's over 400 pages of GM being a d***.

If this woman turns bitter and resentful, she may very well want to take others down with her. Who knows?

Very powerful people — especially those with ties to organized crime, like many of the men allegedly involved in the Epstein sex trafficking orbit — can make awful things happen to people in prison. I’m pretty sure GM knows all about this.

@ajdukakis

https://twitter.com/ajdukakis/status/1476342161901764612
Statement on verdict from Annie Farmer:

FH0FXksXoAE5kFN

Yah. It gets real.

"Mean Streets" of NY.

What "frosts" me is all the good she could have done for the young women, helping them get a good start in life instead of using them.

Using them for personal gain.

To stay in good favor with and in the good graces of an evil man who bestowed riches upon riches upon her.

Hard to feel sorry for her jail conditions even though I don't agree with them.
In federal prison, she'll be required to work, though. That should keep her occupied. She presumably won't have the gazzillion hours of computer access she's allowed now.

If this woman turns bitter and resentful, she may very well want to take others down with her. Who knows?

I don't fancy her chances of surviving long enough to name names.
If she has any sense she will be keeping her mouth shut and will have made it known that there are insurance policies to keep her safe. MOO

Must admit I am gobsmacked. Have been with this jury all the way, yet began to lose faith early this morning.
Thinking that Ms. Maxwell will start singing in the coming days.
Looking for better prison housing or a reduced sentence.
Will be interesting how it plays out.
Could go on for months and years along with her appeals.
Guessing she ain't too happy with Mr. Epstein right now .
She was in it up to her eyeballs as the jury has found.
But he left her high and dry.
Sweet justice.
MOO.

@MarlonEttinger

In the morning a producer for ABC spent about 5 minutes talking with Lea Saffian, the Maxwell family's attorney. Later, Saffian brought the producer to Maxwell, where they talked for about 45 seconds. Maxwell was "all smiles" according to someone who was in the courtroom.

I asked the producer how the conversation went. They paused for a few seconds before responding. "Don't misconstrue my silence for disrespect, but I'm not going to tell you."

Didn't expect an answer of course! I assume they're trying to set up an interview though
Can federal prisoners even do interviews?

Last edited:
The hubris of Ghislaine has been really surprising to me. She could have easily gone to whatever rock she crawls under in France. It is unlikely she would have been extradited to the United States.
I was amazed GM never fled to Europe. She certainly had many opportunities and the funds to do it. Did she think she was untouchable? I guess it's that sense of entitlement she always had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisacfuller