NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE everyone's kitty and doggie pics! Just precious and thank you!! :loveyou:

I haven't had a kitty in several years and I think that's going to have to change. Miss them terribly. If anyone needs kitten therapy, we've been watching these babies. Adorable, healthy and today they've turned into a 6 fuzz ball wrecking crew. LOL

Watching April started out quite therapeutic, but I'm with Tillicum and everyone else who's said this is starting to get concerning. :(

[video=youtube;VNMK65mFBx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMK65mFBx8[/video]

Not a cat person but get yourself your kitty!! Just do it!! I can not , and never have lived without doggies. Usually two - but with age Lady Love Bug is quite enough- don't think about it just go rescue a baby!!! moo

How can anyone live without the precious pitter patter of pretty playful pouncing puppy paws! The PPPPS

Ruff ruff

Can someone refresh my memory on the gestation period and also what the conception date is?

Gestation peroid exceeds our life span!!

My hang up is her age.

Today one of my hens hatched 3 baby chicks... they beat you April!!!!! But, my Momma Hen is MEAN!!! I was only trying to move the babies to a safe area so nothing could eat them. That Hen pecked me several times, then flew at my head! After I got her out the hen house, I moved those babies into safety, then I let the Hen back in, and after she went into the cage to get the babies, I shut the door on her! HA! Now that'll teach her to be mean to the person that feeds ya!

One hen still sitting. Not sure why her's didn't hatch today but will wait a bit and see if they do. I know the eggs were fertile, but sometimes nature is just that way...hence the saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch!"... I only gave each hen 3 eggs. It was 3 hens sitting. One hen gave up before hatch day. So at the most we'll have 6 babies, but I just have this feeling we'll only have the 3. Still eggciting to see the fuzzy butts!

Oh CARIIS... I've gotten too old for a puppy...but I have 6 dogs. After the last two made it out of puppyhood, I said NO MORE! They have more energy than I can muster up in a day. Heck, watching kittens exhausts me...lol! But cats/kittens are more independent. They are just as demanding when they want something though, and awfully loud at night when they get the zoomies and run like a herd of elephants through the house, knocking stuff off end tables, and swatting things down the halls and against the walls. I forgot to pick their toys last night, so 4am I was up removing their balls with bells in them...yup "ding ding ding" all down the halls and against the walls. But being independent, they got a toilet paper roll out of the trash and started batting that everywhere. Then found a piece of peppermint candy, and "clunk, clunk, clunk" until I took that away. Finally went back to sleep at 8 am!

That little thing is soooooo cute!!

Is there one with a cocktail glass >

Spitting out coffee is enough sinning! I don't know what spitting out the cocktail would be called.....

They need to keep him out of there. IDK what the heck they're thinking :( I really want to see April have her baby but I get stressed out watching and waiting. Sometimes I think these people don't know any more about birthing giraffes than I do.

I go back and forth on this. Them fighting. Did not see it today but have gone to you tube to watch necking and it looks playful . I wont watch one with the title like watch two male giraffes neck the shi#t out of each other.

Did this look aggressive ?

Everyone has the cutest kitties! My cat is camera shy but my dog jumped in this picture. I found this giraffe ring holder on Amazon and just couldn't resist. My hubby asked why I was interested in giraffes lately so I introduced him to the world of April. Now he's hooked too!

Your baby is so cute while it looks like ,like mine ,can be a llittle rascal disguised as a cute doggie !!

Watching the live video. April looks exhausted. Poor mommy. Come on out little one!

Beautiful puddums, dyanna. I'm sorry for your loss.

Our oldest, VertigoKitten loves to go out on a leash and harness. We stopped a few years ago, we took his sissy HemiKrikitMcMittens out once and she totally freaked out once back inside. I thought she was going to kill brother, and she was still a kitten.
Wow, that's been about 8 years ago.

VertigoKitten still responds and runs to the closet and then the front door when I say "kitten wanna go for walk, go outside?" I mean he gets all chatty and rubbing on everything with the tail hiked up high and twitching. lol

attachment.php

I have never seen a cat on a leash ha!

Once it's warmer out do they let April and Oliver stay outside all the time? I wonder if she really wants to give birth outside. April has had other calfs so did she ever have any inside? Maybe it's just too unnatural for her :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4/13 Evening Update

Not much to say this evening, as we covered quite a bit earlier in our live video Q&A and when crashing the Vet Visit with April.
April is doing great with light discharge. Appetite is so so.
Some people inquired about Oliver's behavior with April earlier this evening. He was not being "aggressive" -but he was certainly showing his dominance. You may have noticed his playful necking behaviors (not true aggressive necking behavior), his blocking her movements, etc. This is all part of the fun an games of a young bull. At no time did he pose and serious threat to April of her calf...her laying down puts more force on the womb/calf, than light head bumps from Oliver.

17880597_957721180997428_5505546421093021442_o.jpg

Let's all gather somewhere and giraffe"cap" April. We just have to figure out who will home her and the baby [emoji12] the rest of us will babysit and send support payments monthly [emoji16]

Let's all gather somewhere and giraffe"cap" April. We just have to figure out who will home her and the baby [emoji12] the rest of us will babysit and send support payments monthly [emoji16]

No no no...we will all get our turn to have them at our houses and anyone in the giraffenap group can visit at any time they wish cause we're all addicted and you never know when you'll need an April & baby g fix. Ollie can come too. Right?

They can come to my place but what the heck are we gonna use for transportation?

Those poor giraffes both seem like they are at wits end. They are captivating!

The picture of the cat on a leash cracked me up! I tried to find the picture of my prairie dogs on their harnesses in the grass but had no luck. I did find these though. My female, Zuri, does the trance sleep also.

Tomorrow my prairie dogs go to the vet so that we can begin the process of getting them fixed so that I won't have to endure baby watch for them! They are they best pets though, such spunky personalities!

While looking for the picture of Smallz and Zuri on their harnesses I found one of my camera-shy cat, Luc'keanu (pronounced Luke Keanu), he's a tailless wonder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member