NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4/13 Evening Update

Not much to say this evening, as we covered quite a bit earlier in our live video Q&A and when crashing the Vet Visit with April.
April is doing great with light discharge. Appetite is so so.
Some people inquired about Oliver's behavior with April earlier this evening. He was not being "aggressive" -but he was certainly showing his dominance. You may have noticed his playful necking behaviors (not true aggressive necking behavior), his blocking her movements, etc. This is all part of the fun an games of a young bull. At no time did he pose and serious threat to April of her calf...her laying down puts more force on the womb/calf, than light head bumps from Oliver.

17880597_957721180997428_5505546421093021442_o.jpg
The person writing this could have a career as a defense attorney!
Your baby is so cute while it looks like ,like mine ,can be a llittle rascal disguised as a cute doggie !!
Do you have a pic of yours? Since we're all sharing... :)

This is my sweet Greyhound girl Lucy. She's a rescued, retired racer.

lucygirl.jpg lucygirl2.jpg

She is the sweetest spirit! I adore her!

And this is Taz.........the life of the party!

Tazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1.jpgtaz2.jpgtaz3.jpg

hmmmm.....not sure why poor Taz i sideways.............

I adore her as well! She has a huge vocabulary and loves to snuggle.

Taz4.jpg

This is my sweet Greyhound girl Lucy. She's a rescued, retired racer.

View attachment 114917 View attachment 114918

She is the sweetest spirit! I adore her!

My son and his wife rescued a supposed 'black lab' puppy from rescue organization. But now that she is 2 years old, it is obvious that she is a lab/greyhound mix. She is extremely thin and has greyhound ears, not lab ears. And a long thin snout.

She is very very fast and runs whenever she can. And extremely sweet and laid back. She loves their baby and lets her crawl all over her and never gets upset. She is very docile and sweet. She looks exactly like your Lucy, but she is all black.

My son and his wife rescued a supposed 'black lab' puppy from rescue organization. But now that she is 2 years old, it is obvious that she is a lab/greyhound mix. She is extremely thin and has greyhound ears, not lab ears. And a long thin snout.

She is very very fast and runs whenever she can. And extremely sweet and laid back. She loves their baby and lets her crawl all over her and never gets upset. She is very docile and sweet. She looks exactly like your Lucy, but she is all black.

Awww....that's sweet! I'm so happy that your son and his wife gave that sweet dog a loving home. Yes, Greyhounds are a very gentle breed . Lucy is a total "Nanny" dog with my grandkids. She's getting older now and getting some arthritis from a broken leg in the past. We have a very large yard and she still runs like the wind when the mood strikes her. It used to be about 4 times a day. She would cry to go out just to run!

Attachments

• say what.jpg
    say what.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 74
  • tongue.jpg
    tongue.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 78
  • toocute.jpg
    toocute.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 76
  • my chair.jpg
    my chair.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 19
  • mitten.jpg
    mitten.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 77
Perfectingpink, there are more. LOL

peeking_zpssghhlzq4.jpg
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It's hard to choose just a few...

Attachments

• peeking.jpg
    peeking.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 15
  • iseeyou.jpg
    iseeyou.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 71
  • upside down dresser.jpg
    upside down dresser.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 76
  • changing sheets.jpg
    changing sheets.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 74
  • sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 71
This is all. I'm done bragging, maybe.

attachment.php
teacup2_zpsbpdglmhz.jpg
teacup_zpsvsdhc87e.jpg

April, love, it's all your fault.

Sorry bout the sideways pics, I'll fix em.

Attachments

• greeneyes.jpg
    greeneyes.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 72
  • teacup2.jpg
    teacup2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 16
  • teacup.jpg
    teacup.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 16
Thank you! She looks like such a sweetie!

Your welcome! Hemi is very photogenic, her bro VertigoKitten takes a terrible picture.
She is my shadow, follows me and wants almost constant attention. She is a very good cat but
sometimes I need a break. She is also a treataholic and needs rehab.

Oh, if you do not give her the attention she so craves, she will jump on one of my antique tables and knock down all the pictures. She is going to get attention, good or bad.
Sometimes I have to pick her up, sling her over my shoulder and walk around so she can see everything at my level and she just purrs and eats it up.

She also loves to ride, we need to get her a stroller, indoors only.

I love Hemi like no other but she exhausts me, like a 2-3 year old toddler who never grows up.
She still looks like a kitten and I don't know why, maybe it has something to do with my
stunted mental growth, I am 13 mentally or something because I started drinking/drugging at 13
because my parents divorced and I was kind of left out in the cold. Best way I can splain it. lol You would never know I'm 51, by way of my personality.

Your welcome! Hemi is very photogenic, her bro VertigoKitten takes a terrible picture.
She is my shadow, follows me and wants almost constant attention. She is a very good cat but
sometimes I need a break. She is also a treataholic and needs rehab.

Oh, if you do not give her the attention she so craves, she will jump on one of my antique tables and knock down all the pictures. She is going to get attention, good or bad.
Sometimes I have to pick her up, sling her over my shoulder and walk around so she can see everything at my level and she just purrs and eats it up.

She also loves to ride, we need to get her a stroller, indoors only.

I love Hemi like no other but she exhausts me, like a 2-3 year old toddler who never grows up.
She still looks like a kitten and I don't know why, maybe it has something to do with my
stunted mental growth, I am 13 mentally or something because I started drinking/drugging at 13
because my parents divorced and I was kind of left out in the cold. Best way I can splain it. lol You would never know I'm 51, by way of my personality.

Well, don't change. I like you just the way you are!

So, we are told signs of April being close to labor is the statue trance-like state as well as pacing. She cannot do both at the same time so which do we believe? Of course, what the heck do I know? I see baby kicking from inside her mama. :shame:

TGIF! I am thinking April is having a girl and is going to wait until May at this point so we have a built in name :rollercoaster:

So, we are told signs of April being close to labor is the statue trance-like state as well as pacing. She cannot do both at the same time so which do we believe? Of course, what the heck do I know? I see baby kicking from inside her mama. :shame:

I've watched April do one or the other for more than two weeks :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member