NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we might not have to find the next animal the more I thought about that.

This is April we are talking about. Maybe we will have a Halloween baba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGIF! I am thinking April is having a girl and is going to wait until May at this point so we have a built in name :rollercoaster:

I'm thinking girl too. When my last two predictions never came to fruition, I decided to go with May 13. Cannot figure out why though. :waitasec:

Was cruising the net for pink giraffe stuff and found the cutest cakes, baby clothes and miscellaneous have to haves. Everything was so sweet me teef fell out.

I have to have a Pink Giraffe Cake, no matter what.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• giraggecake3.jpg
    giraggecake3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 100
  • giraffecake_zpswx6nmk9z.jpeg
    giraffecake_zpswx6nmk9z.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 98
  • c362d704-a94c-4ed6-a19d-6fc9e211b43e_zps73b5jscc.jpg
    c362d704-a94c-4ed6-a19d-6fc9e211b43e_zps73b5jscc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 5b7d75b1-911d-44a5-af77-9d0629ab4588_zpszctmx1ju.jpg
    5b7d75b1-911d-44a5-af77-9d0629ab4588_zpszctmx1ju.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9
Yes, she is moving around quite a bit today. We can hope! Last night baby was again kicking her so hard in the hind end I thought she might just fly right out.

:slapfight:
Oh come on, Perfectingpink, get with the program, we all know that we cannot see the baby kicking and you can't see it either.

Your making things up or hallucinating. Don't you remember what the guy at Houston Zoo said about this? He is the Giraffe expert, don'tyaknow.

Cut it out and give me what ever it is your taking, k. :poke:

teeheehee :giggle:

I promised myself I would not say "Baby's coming!" again and feel like a fool later. So....I'm not gonna say it now (even if I think it is) :thinking:

Well we might not have to find the next animal the more I thought about that....

^sbm
While impatiently awaiting for April, we can check zooborns.com blog wa newborn zoo animal. Each day usu 3-5 pix, and a 1-2 min vid and several paragraphs about baby, parent(s) &/or sibs.

If you just can't wait any longer specifically for a giraffe birthing vid, you can watch this April 10, 2017 entry: http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2017/04/chester-zoos-giraffe-birth-caught-on-camera.html

"CCTV cameras at Chester Zoo recently captured the beautiful moment a rare Rothschild’s Giraffe calf was born. The five-foot-tall male arrived April 3 to eight-year-old mum Orla. His fall to earth and first wobbly steps were also caught on camera."
Here's that little tyke born Ap 3.
6a010535647bf3970b01b8d27636cd970c-800wi

^sbm
While impatiently awaiting for April, we can check zooborns.com blog wa newborn zoo animal. Each day usu 3-5 pix, and a 1-2 min vid and several paragraphs about baby, parent(s) &/or sibs.

If you just can't wait any longer specifically for a giraffe birthing vid, you can watch this April 10, 2017 entry: http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2017/04/chester-zoos-giraffe-birth-caught-on-camera.html

"CCTV cameras at Chester Zoo recently captured the beautiful moment a rare Rothschild’s Giraffe calf was born. The five-foot-tall male arrived April 3 to eight-year-old mum Orla. His fall to earth and first wobbly steps were also caught on camera."
Here's that little tyke born Ap 3.
6a010535647bf3970b01b8d27636cd970c-800wi

:heartbeat:

She'll probably have it on Easter when everyone is busy.

April been acting thisway all day? Orjust happened? Lots of licking her girlie area.

Mom's in the hospital, been with her today and haven't gotten to see April. I'm home now, so a calf would be OK to be born NOW!

She'll probably have it on Easter when everyone is busy.

:gaah: She better not!

Seriously, she's cleaning her back end almost constantly now. I don't think she'll last till Easter. Yup I said it :facepalm:

I love to watch April throw her hay (or whatever it is) into the air. It just cracks me up! I haven't seen Oliver do this, I wonder if this is something
peculiar to April of if other giraffes do this as well.

After months of watching April, I've decided giraffes are a lot like horses. I think that throwing the hay is a way to pass boredom. Some horses will start weaving their neck side to side, cribbing, biting their tongue, flapping their lips, etc when stalled for prolonged periods of time. I think that's why she throws the hay.

April been acting thisway all day? Orjust happened? Lots of licking her girlie area.

Mom's in the hospital, been with her today and haven't gotten to see April. I'm home now, so a calf would be OK to be born NOW!

I am sorry your mom's in the hospital and I hope everything is okay!

April has been very restless all day. As far as her girlie area, that started this evening I think but I couldn't watch a ton today.

After months of watching April, I've decided giraffes are a lot like horses. I think that throwing the hay is a way to pass boredom. Some horses will start weaving their neck side to side, cribbing, biting their tongue, flapping their lips, etc when stalled for prolonged periods of time. I think that's why she throws the hay.

I agree 2Hope4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member