NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope April gets some rest soon, she must be exhausted.
Did she really start giving birth at 7:30 this AM? What time zone? Wondering because I started watching at 9:50am EST and both hooves had emerged. I know it should take only 15-30 min. for a giraffe to give birth. TY

She just looked like a male dog!

I thought the same thing!

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• HBD mom lifting leg.png
    HBD mom lifting leg.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Did she really start giving birth at 7:30 this AM? What time zone? Wondering because I started watching at 9:50am EST and both hooves had emerged. I know it should take only 15-30 min. for a giraffe to give birth. TY

yep, just about 7:15 EST

I missed 7 pages here lol. Got sucked into the live feeds good! Baby looks to be nursing now... so freaking adorable. *sniff* Our little April all done growed up and is a mommy now. :heartluv:
I hope this will be April's last calf. It's her 4th and she's old for a giraffe.

Apr 15 2017, 10:29 am ET

April the Giraffe Finally Welcomes New Calf

by Chelsea Bailey

It's the birth announcement eager fans have been waiting for: April the giraffe has finally (finally) given birth.

More than 1.2 million people tuned in to the Animal Adventure Park Live Stream Saturday morning to help welcome the already beloved calf into the world.

The zoo announced the 15-year-old giraffe was going into labor shortly after 7:00 am ET. Fans who tuned into the live stream watched as April paced back and forth in her enclosure while her mate, Oliver, watched from his space next door...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/april-giraffe-finally-welcomes-new-calf-n746926

AAP is stopping the live Youtube feed to archive the last 4 hrs of feed and then will return. Guess this is a hint that it's for me to eat breakfast and then work on my taxes.

I hope this will be April's last calf. It's her 4th and she's old for a giraffe.

She is. And I thought that during the live q&a with Oliver yesterday. Jordan said something about how they're not sure if it will be her last calf. He did say it depends on April and how she's doing. Idk how old giraffes in captivity even get or what the oldest age one gave birth is? I do trust AAPs' judgment but my very layman's opinion is give the girl a break, lol.

Didn't she do brilliantly! You can tell this is baby number 4, April knows just what to do!

I still stick with my earlier predictions of a boy, this little one looks like a Leopold to me.

O/T

I am telling ya all. The neighbors below are something like Hindu. The only reason why that is mentioned is they are so laid back, they walk calm, talk calm etc etc.

I have never heard a ruckus down there before. Right after the baby was born they went to town. At one point I thought oh I really don't want to deal with a gunshot or something April is doing her thing.

They calmed now but it was very bizarre - but as a WSer I wonder if he strangled her-----------------chloroformed her, stabbed her, drowned her, the od he gave her kicked in, ,maybe wrapup carpet,pillow in the face, took her outside and ran her over

see what WS can do to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They keep saying Oliver is a bull who only cares about two things and one of them is food. But he seems awfully interested in that baby. Lots of excitement in the barn today!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

She is. And I thought that during the live q&a with Oliver yesterday. Jordan said something about how they're not sure if it will be her last calf. He did say it depends on April and how she's doing. Idk how old giraffes in captivity even get or what the oldest age one gave birth is? I do trust AAPs' judgment but my very layman's opinion is give the girl a break, lol.
IIRC, I read they live 15-20 yrs in captivity.

O/T

I am telling ya all. The neighbors below are something like Hindu. The only reason why that is mentioned is they are so laid back, they walk calm, talk calm etc etc.

I have never heard a ruckus down there before. Right after the baby was born they went to town. At one point I thought oh I really don't want to deal with a gunshot or something April is doing her thing.

They calmed now but it was very bizarre - but as a WSer I wonder if he strangled her-----------------chloroformed her, stabbed her, drowned her, the od he gave her kicked in, ,maybe wrapup carpet,pillow in the face, took her outside and ran her over

see what WS can do to someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they were watching April lol.

AAP is stopping the live Youtube feed to archive the last 4 hrs of feed and then will return. Guess this is a hint that it's for me to eat breakfast and then work on my taxes.

Boy if that ain't a mood shifter--- I can't imagine anything else ........joyous .birth to the IRS

talk schizophrenic inducing be careful Indy!

feel for ya Indy

She did! I'm pretty sure was around 7:30am est. I was getting worried because it seemed to take forever. Wasn't it amazing? ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they were watching April lol.

This is gonna sound stupid but at one point it being passover and everything I wondered if they were doing a rain dance or something!!

Sometimes they are stupid - they should keep up there that they are doing whatever they are doing with feed

anyone now who comes on is gonna think there nuts its a world wide headline

My only regret is I wish I knew a new thread had started I was so bewildered why on earth would they close the thread NOW

Indy emergency --- don't forget to take the calf as a tax deduction you deserve it !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back