second lamp base painted.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 113
  • lemon curd jard.jpg
    lemon curd jard.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 111
  • shade almost done 2.jpg
    shade almost done 2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 113
Just home from the nearest Zoo. I went and said 'hi' to the giraffes :)
They only have two, both female. Fantastic animals.

Just home from the nearest Zoo. I went and said 'hi' to the giraffes :)
They only have two, both female. Fantastic animals.

possumheart, how sweet. Did you get pictures?

I'm not a zoo person, animals in cages really bother me, break mah heart.

My two fabulous puddums were both in cages and I just had to rescue them both. I couldn't stand for em being locked up one minute more.
With that said, I really want to trek over to Riverbanks Zoo, 45 minutes away in Columbia, S.C., just to check out the magnificent and majestic Giraffs, also. :loveyou:

Awwwww :loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:
Our sweet baby got mummy up to play and to nurse.
How absolutely adorable and April is a wonderful, loving mummy.

Baby hiding/sleeping in the shadowy corner away from predators - instinct.

possumheart, how sweet. Did you get pictures?

I'm not a zoo person, animals in cages really bother me, break mah heart.

My two fabulous puddums were both in cages and I just had to rescue them both. I couldn't stand for em being locked up one minute more.
With that said, I really want to trek over to Riverbanks Zoo, 45 minutes away in Columbia, S.C., just to check out the magnificent and majestic Giraffs, also. :loveyou:

The Zoo is small, they have 2 female giraffes two years old. They had lots of space, people couldn't get close. So tall!!!!
I got to pat Zebras. Saw lots of monkeys, and of course loads of koalas and kangaroo types, and two wombats because I am in Australia.
I seriously went there to bond with the giraffes. They are waiting to get a male. They have hundreds of acres for giraffes.

https://toowoomba.brisbanetimes.com.au/2016/12/21/new-breeding-program-tall-order-darling-downs-zoo/

The Zoo is small, they have 2 female giraffes two years old. They had lots of space, people couldn't get close. So tall!!!!
I got to pat Zebras. Saw lots of monkeys, and of course loads of koalas and kangaroo types, and two wombats because I am in Australia.
I seriously went there to bond with the giraffes. They are waiting to get a male. They have hundreds of acres for giraffes.

https://toowoomba.brisbanetimes.com.au/2016/12/21/new-breeding-program-tall-order-darling-downs-zoo/

Congratulations to April and bub. I absolutely love baby any things. Thanks Poss, often wondered about DD Zoo and as I visit Dad every week in Twmba, I'll take him down to check out the giraffes.

Congratulations to April and bub. I absolutely love baby any things. Thanks Poss, often wondered about DD Zoo and as I visit Dad every week in Twmba, I'll take him down to check out the giraffes.
They are in the back paddock. It's a bit of a walk!

There is an older juvenile in the other pen it seems at the moment. Maybe keepers are trying to synthesise the herd environment.
it looks too small to be dad lying down imo

Little guy is feeling his oats this morning, running circles around mom! He is just so adorable!

Good morning to day 2 of the little guy!

They are weighing and measuring the little guy right now. April is in Olivers pen and he is out side. April is upset and I don't blame her.

They are weighing and measuring the little guy right now. April is in Olivers pen and he is out side. April is upset and I don't blame her.

I'm up and watching too. April was mad. She's such a good Mama. Did you see her give the calf the once over when they were reunited?
So sweet.

Phew! Looks so risky! April back in with baby now. She was very cross with with Jordan, Dr. Tim et al.

April was more stressed than Baby Boy was about the separation. He is showing more and more boy traits all the time. You would think he was much older than he is. I am glad you all were here to see it also.

April was more stressed than Baby Boy was about the separation. He is showing more and more boy traits all the time. You would think he was much older than he is. I am glad you all were here to see it also.

Glad we tuned in at the right time and hope that bit of video gets copied by someone - I tried but failed lol - don't know how to do it. I think it would be much too risky for them to enter the pen with April and baby - wonder how they are going to clean up the poo?

Very risky Jordan going in with Oliver to open his door too!

ETA Just watched how they are going to clean April's stall - Oliver out - April in Oliver's - baby follows - shut door - clean stall - job done.

My fist look at my grandson! He is so handsome,and smart and I can tell already he is off to Harvard!

A chip right the ole block- it appears as if his favorite place is the only part of the pen that the camera does not cover !

That's my boy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back