NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A well deserved rest April. Good lady for taking a load off finally. Such a good mama. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my son was a week old we had to bring him to the hospital lab for a blood test. They stuck his tiny little foot with a sharp, like diabetics use for a finger stick, and then squeezed his heel to get blood droplets. He's screaming bloody murder and this lab tech is squeezing away at his tiny foot. It was everything I could do not to clock the tech. I really felt for April today! If the man had stopped to take a photo I'd have bitten him! 😋

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TenaciousTBacon, I had to do the same thing back in 1986 with my
son because of Jaundice. I had to stay in hospital 5 days after natural birth and the day we go home is when he turns yellow. lol
I remember crying so hard and it seems taking blood from heel is slow going and painful.
I thought after 31 years they would have come up with a better technique. lol

I was waiting for April to break through the barrier and have Jordan and Doc for breakfast.

A bathroom scale on sawdust, RLY? At least he eventually figured out to put the scale on the concrete. I'd like to see them try this *****show when the calf is 7 feet tall.

TY I felt like I was watching a sit com

I say my blueberry kolache midnight snack was more delish. 😋 Goodnight!

I just saw the video of Mum kicking the vet down below she is definitely protective of her tall little one I felt sorry for the man.

I just saw the video of Mum kicking the vet down below she is definitely protective of her tall little one I felt sorry for the man.

It almost seems as if they did not expect this. Taking their time earlier while April was about to crash into the pen!

I wonder how they will deal with this in future days? Hocky outfits?

The little guy is up and running circles around mom. He is so adorable watching him! Then he goes to the door to outside and stops, like let me go out there and I will show you how fast I can run! :great:

April, baby boy and the tortoises were just on Good Morning America!
💙💙💙💙
I grabbed my phone at an awkward angle, it is not great, but at least you can see her, the baby and the tortoises.
https://youtu.be/dLchDBsn8VI

MOO

April, baby boy and the tortoises were just on Good Morning America!
��������
I grabbed my phone at an awkward angle, it is not great, but at least you can see her, the baby and the tortoises.
https://youtu.be/dLchDBsn8VI

MOO

Thank you so much for sharing! Now I see where Baby Boys hiding spot is, he needs to move to a different corner.

Oliver and baby are nose to nose with each other while April moseys around whistling Dixie. So Freaking cute!!

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the park April is in? It appears April has an issue with her left front leg in the knee area. Shes starting to limp.

I've peeked at the live feed a few times today, have not seen babby. 🙁 I miss him.

Went back on the live feed and noticed the vet is in with the baby along with a stethoscope, April is in Olivers stall and going nuts again. I wonder if there is a concern with him.
The little guy is not at all happy and keeps getting lose from them..

good idea with the name DeeDee.

I hope it is just a sprain with Aprils leg and it will heal quickly! Maybe the little one kicked her? idk I have been gone all day and just got home.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the park April is in? It appears April has an issue with her left front leg in the knee area. Shes starting to limp.
I've been watching for a couple of minutes now and do notice she keeps lifting that leg. When was the last time she was separated from her calf? Could she have injured her leg thrashing around? Seems, IMO, likely. Even if it's been a few hours or a day, sometimes injuries such as sprains don't cause a problem right away. I hope there's medication they can give her. Also, April's not young as giraffe years go, so it's possible she has arthritis and carrying a 130+ pound baby around would not have been easy on her. We saw how difficult it was for April to sit down and to stand before giving birth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back