NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am going to miss April and Scooter! I am glad of the timing because I am now planning baby boys graduation party and because I cannot not do things the easy way, I have a lot of things to make, including 60 invitations. I am going to express my love for him in this very moment because I am sure I while doing this, I will have moments of wanting to strangle him and I will come back here to remind myself!

Perfectingpink, ooooh, I hope you can share pics of what ur planning/making for the graduation party. I'm always learning and trying to perfect my art as well as my cooking.
I believe if I dive straight back into my projects, as I have been taking a small break to watch April, it will help with withdrawals. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the video of Evo. She's doing SO much better :loveyou:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens/videos/1463790583695801/[/video]

Gardenista, thanks for posting the video.
Evo is a beauty & reminds me of my 9 year old baby, HemiKrikitMcMittens.
BTW, that's me who just left comment on Facebook with ur video.
Ginger cats rule.

f55a20358e40d747ec55ed6f3077e976.jpg
8968878a16d24355f86b674d61a31c4f.jpg
859d01e643c745f03f22fc5ea6722320.jpg

HemiKrikitMcMittens not happy @ vet.

ETA
Sorry so big, trying to remedy the large photos from me phone but may have to delete and use laptop.

I had it all edited down and bam, I had reached my 60 minute limit. Sorry the images are so big.
Darn photobucket takes forever sometimes.

Perfectingpink, ooooh, I hope you can share pics of what ur planning/making for the graduation party. I'm always learning and trying to perfect my art as well as my cooking.
I believe if I dive straight back into my projects, as I have been taking a small break to watch April, it will help with withdrawals. Lol

I have a top secret plan where this does not have to end 1

There are 6.5 million videos of my scooter and my April and my Oliver that we have not seen nor shared

I really am glad we all had this beautiful opportunity to come together & watch & learn about the majestic & coolest wild animal, the Giraffe, and doing so we learned something bout ourselves too.
How awesome is it we can love & nurture just by watching a live feed.
Thanks Animal Adventure Park, I pray only for the best for each and every one of you, especially April, baby & Oliver, as well as Jordons lil one & the charity does many wonderful things including awareness of that particular disease/ailment.
This is hard & I'm a lil emotional, will get through this lil hurdle and thinking of asking Riverbanks Zoo if I can just see the Giraffes in Columbia, SC. There's also Zoo Atlanta, not sure of name anymore, but Atlanta is 2-2 1/2 hours away & Columbia is just up the road from us, 45 minutes away.

Love, Hugs & a big fat sloppy Kiss to my fab friends & partners in crime at Websleuths. [emoji172][emoji41][emoji170]✌️[emoji172]

love ya been neat joyous experience - does not have to end will give it until its ok to go (could be 3 hrs !!) back and see really neat stuff

I miss them all already - they absolutely all had their own personalities, we all shared stuff about ourselves, there were many laugh out loud spaces, a loving side to each of us

really neat experience

not over !!

I do notknow maybe there is more to "it" than I get --but from where I stand I cannot imagine it being that big deal to just leave the camera on- you go do your thing and the world can continue to watch this neat thing -- we don't need your Q and A go do whatever, but for the life of me I do not get how time-consuming it can be to leave a camera on

befuddles me

and then in some way it goes back to always been intuitive, disdained him from the first and only (until the last week) video of him- trust your instincts - that is what resulted in you being a solid clinician

I am also going to miss Oliver. I loved watching Oliver and his son nose to nose. I think that he has surprised everyone with the attention he shows to his baby. Oh man, I am going to miss them all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is waht I thought too! They were so cute and between screens doing some really neat stuff - my gson loves his daddy!

And we had been trained to Livor is just a bull --he appears dedicated to April and to Scooter .

Yeh they had some playing- I never saw anything aggressive- if anything I saw snuggling, and tired of being trapped cause of the snow,

April swung her neck the same way he did --in play IMO, I did after curiosity try to see the difference between necking and fighting but no I am not clicking on Two giraffes fight it out untill the end blood everywhere

ya know

and yea would I still like to see a momma protect her baby yes I thought that was amazing!

But I do not want to see anything violent, oppps I need to go to the thread four people chop and eat each other to death!

but animals nope and I get its just nature, but I dont want to see it

steve guy I can not watch what he did , I could not follow Sandy Hook and that is ok

but I already miss what my little scooter is up to

but there is lots of stuff that we missed my little rascal did all kinds of cute stuff cause we are human I have Lunesta, but we need to sleep - so there has to be little videos that we missed neat cute stuff!

Well, we are going with Scooter for now but AA has not picked one. They did say they will update about when they will occasionally put the feed back up so we can still see the baby so maybe they will announce it during one of those times.

OH i did not know this-this is good we need to see how the most handsome smartest greatest Scooter grows up !

I would love to see Oliver and Scooter running together -- they made Oliver out to be a male jerk he was not he cares about April and Scooter IMO

I am going to miss April and Scooter! I am glad of the timing because I am now planning baby boys graduation party and because I cannot not do things the easy way, I have a lot of things to make, including 60 invitations. I am going to express my love for him in this very moment because I am sure I while doing this, I will have moments of wanting to strangle him and I will come back here to remind myself!

We do NOT want to be on a thread about mother strangles her child ---you keep yourself in check love !

OH i did not know this-this is good we need to see how the most handsome smartest greatest Scooter grows up !

I would love to see Oliver and Scooter running together -- they made Oliver out to be a male jerk he was not he cares about April and Scooter IMO
My coworker refers to Oliver as 'the deadbeat dad giraffe'. [emoji6] That's not nice!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Who's balling like a baby?

tomorrow

but I will find a video I did not see and post it here and we can all talk about it

you guys do the same

none of us could have seen it all although quite frankly we did pretty good huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in a way, I think their living quarters were kept different than they will now that the camera is off that bugs me

Scooter is very young and needs cleanliness until he is is a bigger boy!!

I feel sad. Almost disconnected. Weird I know. I hope this tread can stay open. [emoji3]

I got a couple of screen shots since the feed is coming down today.

attachment.php
attachment.php

OH my god just look how handsome he is

it truly is nothing other than amazing that that big thing was inside her a week ago !!

just stunning

Oh, I feel lost without the giraffe cam. Life kinda went south here shortly before April gave birth and I missed so much (including the fabulously fun conversations here!), I'm going to go back and watch a lot now and then feel lost all over again when I realize it's not live. :tantrum:

It would be neat if we could keep this thread open as sort of an all-purpose "animal cams to watch" sort of thing. I now absolutely swear by kitten/giraffe/puppy/____ therapy! Corsica's kittens are just precious and so sorry about Evo's, bless her little kitty heart. I hope she finds a loving, furrever home and lives out her days as a pampered pet.

Must catch up on April and Baby G (very handsome grandson you got, CARIIS). Have a great weekend everyone! :heartbeat:

OH my god just look how handsome he is

it truly is nothing other than amazing that that big thing was inside her a week ago !!

just stunning
It's no wonder she was lumpy all over! Those knobby knees were poking
her in the side.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I do notknow maybe there is more to "it" than I get --but from where I stand I cannot imagine it being that big deal to just leave the camera on- you go do your thing and the world can continue to watch this neat thing -- we don't need your Q and A go do whatever, but for the life of me I do not get how time-consuming it can be to leave a camera on

RSABBM

It's not the time involved, it's the servers and bandwidth necessary to stream it live to hundreds of thousands of viewers. That's most likely what Toys R Us paid for, since bandwidth costs money. They probably agreed to pay up to so many days after baby giraffe was born. I bet if another sponsor was found the zoo could keep the live cam going.

Oh, I feel lost without the giraffe cam. Life kinda went south here shortly before April gave birth and I missed so much (including the fabulously fun conversations here!), I'm going to go back and watch a lot now and then feel lost all over again when I realize it's not live. :tantrum:

It would be neat if we could keep this thread open as sort of an all-purpose "animal cams to watch" sort of thing. I now absolutely swear by kitten/giraffe/puppy/____ therapy! Corsica's kittens are just precious and so sorry about Evo's, bless her little kitty heart. I hope she finds a loving, furrever home and lives out her days as a pampered pet.

Must catch up on April and Baby G (very handsome grandson you got, CARIIS). Have a great weekend everyone! :heartbeat:

I'll admit I've been watching vids of giraffes on YouTube to compensate. Wow the giraffe is a great fighter and protector, what an amazing regal creature it is. I'm so glad to have been alongside some wonderful people who also found April intriguing.

Thanks for the ride guys, it's not goodbye yet. Love from Aus.

We need to start from pregnancy!!

Understood. :) I do get the special appeal of April and her pregnancy and birth. It was fascinating to watch them for hours on end.

Sometimes the Monterey otters are paired with orphaned babies that they nurture and teach how to live in the wild.

I have a very good friend that fosters kittens until they can be homed. She is a very loving cat momma. Sometimes they come to her in not so good condition and she even has to bottle feed or have another momma cat nurse the baby. Also it can take awhile to foster them out, she lives in a decent size city and they have a rescue organization. she has ended up keeping a few. I would probably have a hard time doing that with dogs and not keeping them. :heartbeat:

Yes I miss the live cam with our Giraffe family. I hope we can get occasional pictures and maybe even some videos. I was gone all day and only saw a little this morning. :tantrum:

OMG. I didn't get a chance to check in on April and the baby yesterday, and now the cam is off for good?

ETA: anyone have a link for a good live kitten cam?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back