NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG. I didn't get a chance to check in on April and the baby yesterday, and now the cam is off for good?

ETA: anyone have a link for a good live kitten cam?
I've been watching Tiny Kittens, they're adorable, just now starting to open their eyes.

https://youtu.be/Od1-koPkMjI

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RSABBM

It's not the time involved, it's the servers and bandwidth necessary to stream it live to hundreds of thousands of viewers. That's most likely what Toys R Us paid for, since bandwidth costs money. They probably agreed to pay up to so many days after baby giraffe was born. I bet if another sponsor was found the zoo could keep the live cam going.
This is from a news station in Atlanta. I thought it was cute.
64d185c50d53199a8c89ad95c328eb65.jpg

MOO

Oh, I feel lost without the giraffe cam. Life kinda went south here shortly before April gave birth and I missed so much (including the fabulously fun conversations here!), I'm going to go back and watch a lot now and then feel lost all over again when I realize it's not live. :tantrum:

It would be neat if we could keep this thread open as sort of an all-purpose "animal cams to watch" sort of thing. I now absolutely swear by kitten/giraffe/puppy/____ therapy! Corsica's kittens are just precious and so sorry about Evo's, bless her little kitty heart. I hope she finds a loving, furrever home and lives out her days as a pampered pet.

Must catch up on April and Baby G (very handsome grandson you got, CARIIS). Have a great weekend everyone! :heartbeat:

I think this thread has been very beneficial and would love it if we could keep it open! I am sorry things have been rough and I hope things go more North for you from here on out!!!!!

I think this thread has been very beneficial and would love it if we could keep it open! I am sorry things have been rough and I hope things go more North for you from here on out!!!!!

Thank you, Pink. Very sweet of you and yes, things are on the up and up!

Another kitten contribution if anyone is interested. Harlequin has had 4 babies in the last hour!

[video=youtube;MQFot3_0jGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQFot3_0jGQ[/video]

If my fiancé catches me watching any baby kitties or puppies I'm sending him here lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my fiancé catches me watching any baby kitties or puppies I'm sending him here lol.

TeeHee! My hubby admitted last week that he would like to have a kitty, he's been the hold up! YAY!

My goodness I think Harley just had #5, this has gone quickly!

Thank you, Pink. Very sweet of you and yes, things are on the up and up!

Another kitten contribution if anyone is interested. Harlequin has had 4 babies in the last hour!

[video=youtube;MQFot3_0jGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQFot3_0jGQ[/video]

You guys are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying so hard to not want a kitty, but things like this are making me want one more! My hubby, as amazing as he is, is not a cat person and is not thrilled with the idea. I guess I could always get rid of him...hehe!

This is from a news station in Atlanta. I thought it was cute.
64d185c50d53199a8c89ad95c328eb65.jpg

MOO
i

Don't know why but I clicked twice on my desktop icon/ Once they 5000 waiting and now 3000 at least have the courtesy to say sorry we cut you off!

When I tried to butter up fiancé (at the time BF) that I'm getting a dog he was soooo against it but it was just me and my son so we got him. Fiancé said he would only call him SOB. Lol. I was sooo mad. Anyhow within a few hours they fell in love and now they are the bestest buddies. Fatty he had to love ASAP as my son and I already had him and Opy I buttered him up. Our first pet together lol.
d945140eecfa29a6bd84b40a31c3ad44.jpg

I feel sad. Almost disconnected. Weird I know. I hope this tread can stay open. [emoji3]

IMO it is not weird at all we all are doing it - doing "live separation" disorder ! But will go back down memory land in a bit.

There can be nothing " wrong " with wanting to smile !!

Tricia is not like JJordon I dont think she will close our thread!!

Our beauty and our precious baba.

ef89573416b19d8f33159b3b8142209b.jpg

When I tried to butter up fiancé (at the time BF) that I'm getting a dog he was soooo against it but it was just me and my son so we got him. Fiancé said he would only call him SOB. Lol. I was sooo mad. Anyhow within a few hours they fell in love and now they are the bestest buddies. Fatty he had to love ASAP as my son and I already had him and Opy I buttered him up. Our first pet together lol.
d945140eecfa29a6bd84b40a31c3ad44.jpg

They make a very cute couple 😀

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I am still really missing April, Oliver and baby, but my neighbour cheered me up by showing me her bird box camera feed last night. They have a bird sitting on a nest with eight eggs in it. :)

Good News!

Good Morning from the Giraffe Barn!
All is well and baby continues to grow, he is now looking us in the eyes!
To answer a few of the pressing questions we continue to receive inquiry on:
The Giraffe Cam is not gone forever! This week we will announce viewing day/times for you to check in and watch progress! This schedule will continue until noted differently.
A permanent yard cam will go up this season which will also reconnect you to your favorite giraffe family.
Text alert subscribers will receive weekly updates and photos/video (capturing this milestones); once a week, until May 31st.
Subscribe at: www.aprilthegiraffealert.com
Our website is a resource to help plan your trips! Everything you need to know and more.
Www.theanimaladventurepark.com
Our Aprilthegiraffe.com website will remain up and active with links to the online store, hotel and transportation partnerships, and more.
Lastly! We will announce the calf's name - tentatively - May 1st. In a couple days we will end round 1 voting and announce the top 10 names! Voting in round 2 will be for 5 days.
Vote now to get your name of choice in the top 10 and then again to drive it to the top of round 2. Www.nameaprilscalf.com

Another amazing picture. This is priceless.

2fbaa5c720e7d9c3380882cb9ba2adad.jpg

Fiancé came up with a good name.
Atlas
he carries the world on his shoulders. :)

Fiancé came up with a good name.
Atlas
he carries the world on his shoulders. :)

It wont be long before April feels like shes carrying the world on her shoulder. Poor April.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back