NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Giraffe Cam Viewing Today from 4 pm to 8 pm

Ready, Set, Watch! ...and Vote!
The Giraffe Cam returns today, and every Tuesday from 4 PM - 8 PM Eastern.
Why this time frame?
1) Soon the giraffes are outside, and you will be watching an empty stall, but with our closing daily at 5 pm - you will have hours of enjoyment while they retire for the evening.
2) It allows us to capture the majority of our major fan bases (worldwide) at a relatively decent time in their daily routines.
www.ApriltheGiraffe.com is your source for the one and only link that is authentic and authorized.
Round 1 of the naming contest ends today at 7:30 pm Eastern.
The top ten most popular votes will be announced at 8 PM, and Round 2 voting will begin at that time, lasting 5 days.
www.NameAprilsCalf.com is your place to vote!
How to see weekly photos, video and info? Subscribe to our Baby Update text system. Fridays, we will send out your weekly update, full of fun and exclusive content. This Friday will include video of baby's first time outside!
www,Aprilthegiraffealert.com
As for our BIG, little guy, he is doing absolutely great! You will get to see him later today!

OH my god look how strong more handsome my gson has gotten

TY so much for PM me Jewel, I would have missed this TY!

tYour opinions pls April seems agitated

I don't know what's going on but both Loivor and April seem agitated??

T

Sharing urge coming . And on this thread, it has been ok Utwo forever grateful! Gave me permission to share I suffer from bipolar. Joey thread fine to come out

There is no blame or shame of either, suffering from bipolar and or being gay

let's just be real not saying anything bad but on this thread it did turn into sharing cause what we were all experiencing was neat, snuggling stuff.

Like in the middle of terrorist attack am I gonna share that I suffer from bipolar? In what context could that possibly matter to the the thread.

This was warm, loving caring stuff, that is when people feel safe with sharing vulnerability.

That is awesome.

I am rapid cycle, which out of all the options, in terms of living on my own most ideal

It is a cruel illness. Statistically, most folks inflicted with the malady are wildly bright, accomplished, verbal. interesting, captivating homosapiamns.

I found that practicing - I loved my folks suffering ( be careful here do not read that wrong) but they were wildly bright, accomplished, before the illness destroyed them and me.

This is important in that the support system is very messed up. You went to grad school bla blas blas

It is a malady that gets worse., has and will.

Its rough stuff guys.

It is totally understandable to go into a deep depression when your pet dies.

When a family member dies.

When money is an issue.

But when that depth of depression has no explanation it becomes very confusing.

It does not make less real. It makes it more confusing. But is real.

This was about 10 years ago when trying to explain.

It is like being in your bed, and the auto car wash dryers are blowing the water off your car, its like there are 8 of them above your bed - you can't get up

but it makes no sense -- so it is like negating I will get up in ten minutes, (it's nto like there is a raging tiger in the exact room

but when the ten minutes go by you give yourself another ten minutes

but you know there is not a tiger there

but you can't get out of the bed

this can go on for hours

it makes no sense

Then when it happened, dogs out, totally anxious, I do not want to be outside of my bedspread..... it is that simple

Intense stuff - just awful

The profound insomnia I encourage anyone who suffers try Lunesta it is not a sleeping pill it is a hypotonic a world of difference all it does is allow onset of relief from exhaustion!

Thank you for sharing this CARIIS. I am glad you know there is no shame in who you are! You have such an amazing mind and such a great sense of humor that I always look forward to interacting with you. I may not be as sharp on many of the topics that interest you (PU politics :) ) but I enjoy trying to take interest!!

I have noticed April has seemed very restless since I started watching! Scooter is more interested in DAD!

It is so great to see them again!

They are both pacing quite a bit. With April, we may just not be used to her behavior when she isn't heavily pregnant?

I have noticed April has seemed very restless since I started watching! Scooter is more interested in DAD!

Exactly what I was thinking! Last time I saw them Scooter and Olivor were kissing between the mesh.

There gonna cut this off Oliver is doing the exact same stuff when they first tormented scooter is is unreal

Just now is the first time I have ever seen April drink oi vey she reminds me of 220 AM !

Thank you for sharing this CARIIS. I am glad you know there is no shame in who you are! You have such an amazing mind and such a great sense of humor that I always look forward to interacting with you. I may not be as sharp on many of the topics that interest you (PU politics :) ) but I enjoy trying to take interest!!

We have shared a wonderful thing here !! Getting a bit scared like can Olivor kick down the door???

They are both pacing quite a bit. With April, we may just not be used to her behavior when she isn't heavily pregnant?

They have probably been outside more now that the weather is nice. Maybe when they come back in they feel cooped up and antsy.

Several observations

I think they had given us all this impression that all Oliver cares about is mating.

There is a connection between Scooter and Olivor

I have never seen the bin in Olivors cage empty it is now

So is this about a different level of care with cameras off?

Have you guys seen that bin empty?

We have followed our family for some time.

When they tortured Scooter and April the first time I was amazed at Aprils response. It was raising the head high - the neck took a shape

She is doing that now

It makes sense to me tho when stressed body more rigid I dont know what I am talking about but just from us all watching (its not like this is the first time) there is def dance going on here between the parents

Is this gonna result in a divorce?

Maybe it is a belated twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter two ?

But it is unwquvabley every time April is mom and licks Scooter he agitates

On a video it was explained that they lack front upper teeth. :fence:

I'm so glad we are getting a peek!

This is the Happy Thread!

T

Sharing urge coming . And on this thread, it has been ok Utwo forever grateful! Gave me permission to share I suffer from bipolar. Joey thread fine to come out

There is no blame or shame of either, suffering from bipolar and or being gay

let's just be real not saying anything bad but on this thread it did turn into sharing cause what we were all experiencing was neat, snuggling stuff.

Like in the middle of terrorist attack am I gonna share that I suffer from bipolar? In what context could that possibly matter to the the thread.

This was warm, loving caring stuff, that is when people feel safe with sharing vulnerability.

That is awesome.

I am rapid cycle, which out of all the options, in terms of living on my own most ideal

It is a cruel illness. Statistically, most folks inflicted with the malady are wildly bright, accomplished, verbal. interesting, captivating homosapiamns.

I found that practicing - I loved my folks suffering ( be careful here do not read that wrong) but they were wildly bright, accomplished, before the illness destroyed them and me.

This is important in that the support system is very messed up. You went to grad school bla blas blas

It is a malady that gets worse., has and will.

Its rough stuff guys.

It is totally understandable to go into a deep depression when your pet dies.

When a family member dies.

When money is an issue.

But when that depth of depression has no explanation it becomes very confusing.

It does not make less real. It makes it more confusing. But is real.

This was about 10 years ago when trying to explain.

It is like being in your bed, and the auto car wash dryers are blowing the water off your car, its like there are 8 of them above your bed - you can't get up

but it makes no sense -- so it is like negating I will get up in ten minutes, (it's nto like there is a raging tiger in the exact room

but when the ten minutes go by you give yourself another ten minutes

but you know there is not a tiger there

but you can't get out of the bed

this can go on for hours

it makes no sense

Then when it happened, dogs out, totally anxious, I do not want to be outside of my bedspread..... it is that simple

Intense stuff - just awful

The profound insomnia I encourage anyone who suffers try Lunesta it is not a sleeping pill it is a hypotonic a world of difference all it does is allow onset of relief from exhaustion!

Cariis, depression is the absolute worst and is so hard to explain. I hope you will take care, rest, eat well and feel better soon. I personally know the feeling of not being able to get out of bed and it is so confusing and frustrating. It is like you know you should but simply cannot. Even on an effective anti depressant, I find myself slipping into that mode from time to time. Change of the seasons alway gets to me-- which makes zero sense also.

Be well and good to yourself.

Maybe April is in the stage to mate again? Every 17 days isn't it?

Cariis, depression is the absolute worst and is so hard to explain. I hope you will take care, rest, eat well and feel better soon. I personally know the feeling of not being able to get out of bed and it is so confusing and frustrating. It is like you know you should but simply cannot. Even on an effective anti depressant, I find myself slipping into that mode from time to time. Change of the seasons alway gets to me-- which makes zero sense also.

I suffer from depression also and it is hard to conform to what society deems normal. I just don't function that way and it can make life very hard.

Yes Cariis take very good care of yourself You are important!

Do giraffes just "not" bite?

Good question. They only have front teeth on the bottom jaw and back teeth on upper and bottom jaw, so their teeth probably wouldn't hurt you with a nip. However, I do not know how strong their jaws are.

I thank you - heck I listened to it for years and did not grasp until it got worse with age

it's mean stuff

its confusing

its scary

I take a mix of meds --but I firmly believe that without the Lunesta, I would start inpt stuff

it does not matter why anyone who does not sleep for days at all who is not tired is going to go psychotic

never had it happen but in looking back my unreal intake of alcohol, I was about 140 pounds for years (!) nice and slim but not too skinny - but my alcohol consumption should be putting folks in the Er for alcohol toxicity and close to death!!! HA

Gail weighed 92 pounds and in one long 18 hour (we would still be up when the sun was rising after starting around 4 the day before ugh) and went through one of those 1.75 things goodness

This was not like a one time thing !!!

That is an incredible intake. She hosted - and made mean drinks and we were fine! Had lots of fun!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back