NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
humm they talk - its too low for us to hear!!

While we wait...and wait...and wait some more, I found this baby Masai giraffe that was born at the Cincinnati Zoo last summer. Photo is too sweet not to share!

http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2016/07/baby-giraffe-arrives-in-a-hurry.html

6a010535647bf3970b01b7c8813d6f970b-800wi

It's just amazing to me how quickly the calf is up and alert! If human babies needed to come out walking we'd all be pregnant for eons too! LOL

Moms puts Doc in his place!

[video=youtube;IKl4LfjgIR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKl4LfjgIR8[/video]

*advertiser censored* Sapien ladies:

As a gay man I am double out of the loop!!

Is it like gas?

Is it like being "full" all the time?

Stomach ache or totally different sensation?

What does getting kicked feel like?

Is there ever a positive "feeling " to it"

Anyone totally not put into a coma during birth -- how would describe the sensations?

What kind of pooped feeling is it afterward -- different than other kinds of feeling pooped?

Without overt stuff is their instinct where you know before actual labor onset?

Are different babies totally different sensations or is their commonality sensation wise?

what is the hardest first-trimester second third?

SInce this I have watched on YOu tube a giraffe giving birth. In movies *advertiser censored* sapians scream like crazy people -- in the giraffe one mom seemed pretty cool - is all the screaming Hollywood?

Is it like a back ache on the front?

Are the crazy food cravings myth?

Sadly, I think that lady was serious. I felt bad about chuckling because she sounded mentally ill...it was their response that was funny. They've gotten tons of emails/comments about things like April standing in a sea of poop (it was her hay that's darker than her bedding), she doesn't poop enough, Oliver is not getting enough food because she's stealing it all (shared feeder, and not their main food source), the list goes on and on...

Their SM person has a great sense of humor about it all. Not a job for me, I would go loony trying to straighten people out. They've done the video chats to answer all these questions, but people just keep repeating and repeating...

oh i just read this that explains that video

Giraffe "chat" 9:40

[video=youtube;ME05SBdi8Rc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME05SBdi8Rc[/video]

JanetElaine, in the animal kingdom, a hiney in the face is a good thing. It must be love.
A zookeeper is in with April now shoveling poop. I think today may be the birthday with the way April is slowly moving about. JMO

ha

[video=youtube;gGSrbCdEfT8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSrbCdEfT8[/video]

CARIIS, LOL you slay me. [emoji172][emoji179][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard that expression "you slay me"! I like it .

I thought I will try it out on someone. Then I thought , you had better not, with what is going on in the world you might end up surrounded by the FBI and Homeland security in a flash.

Then be called a Muslim terrorist.

Despite being a white, gay,Jewish,individual with parents and grandparents born in the old USA.

This started as a one sentence response to "slay"

It's hard to me at times....................

Has anyone ever seen a more complete vet check up for her.

You would not buy a car with just a walk around - I have never seen him do anything other than that??

Has anyone ever seen a more complete vet check up for her.

You would not buy a car with just a walk around - I have never seen him do anything other than that??

I haven't. Dang she looks totally miserable.

Here is a touching video of a zoo employee who has terminal cancer having one last visit with the giraffes.

[video=youtube;6ufOI6_g4ig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ufOI6_g4ig[/video]

It's noted below the video that another man lures the giraffes over with food because the other people standing around distract the giraffes. But, the one giraffe finally recognizes the man on the gurney and nuzzles him.

Oh I shouldn't admit this, but, I've been cruel to April. I've poked her with the pointer, and she turned and looked directly into the camera while laying down. Today I've tried squeezing her belly, and popping it like a zit. I've tried helping her push. I've begged for pitocin and an epidural for her. I thought for sure earlier today that she was going to delivery. She squatted, and pushed, and then...nothing.

Later, she was walking across the stall, and must have had a contraction or painful kick, her hind end came off the ground and she trotted a step or so like a horse irritated. She'll be completely still, and you can see that belly just moving, and then she starts doing laps! Just going around and around at a fast pace. I think she's pooped and peed more today than I've seen in the past week or so.

Then, I felt an earthquake, only it from April attempting to lay down, and THUMP she went! Front legs down, and then the entire rest of her body just fell.

I hope that baby is in the right position and it's not breach, because I don't think they would be able to help her if so. She allows brief touching, but I've seen no one really 'examine' her, as in lift the tail, check the vulva, or heck, even listen for a heartbeat. Maybe they can't hear one in giraffee? I don't know. But I keep hoping all is OK. Seems she's been in ACTIVE labor over 24hrs now, and still no hoof present.

I have never heard that expression "you slay me"! I like it .

I thought I will try it out on someone. Then I thought , you had better not, with what is going on in the world you might end up surrounded by the FBI and Homeland security in a flash.

Then be called a Muslim terrorist.

Despite being a white, gay,Jewish,individual with parents and grandparents born in the old USA.

This started as a one sentence response to "slay"

It's hard to me at times....................

Oh my, I forget where I heard it but Urban Dictionary splains it well.
You slay me
The phrase "You slay me" is slang and it means to overwhelm, as with laughter or love.

It is used in response to something funny someone has said or done.
person 1 says or does something funny.
person 2 in response can only sum up the amazing funniness that has occured with the phrase "you slay me," signifying total appreciation of the funny event and deeming it hilarious and worthy of acknowledgement.

Oh I shouldn't admit this, but, I've been cruel to April. I've poked her with the pointer, and she turned and looked directly into the camera while laying down. Today I've tried squeezing her belly, and popping it like a zit. I've tried helping her push. I've begged for pitocin and an epidural for her. I thought for sure earlier today that she was going to delivery. She squatted, and pushed, and then...nothing.

Later, she was walking across the stall, and must have had a contraction or painful kick, her hind end came off the ground and she trotted a step or so like a horse irritated. She'll be completely still, and you can see that belly just moving, and then she starts doing laps! Just going around and around at a fast pace. I think she's pooped and peed more today than I've seen in the past week or so.

Then, I felt an earthquake, only it from April attempting to lay down, and THUMP she went! Front legs down, and then the entire rest of her body just fell.

I hope that baby is in the right position and it's not breach, because I don't think they would be able to help her if so. She allows brief touching, but I've seen no one really 'examine' her, as in lift the tail, check the vulva, or heck, even listen for a heartbeat. Maybe they can't hear one in giraffee? I don't know. But I keep hoping all is OK. Seems she's been in ACTIVE labor over 24hrs now, and still no hoof present.

Know nothing about pregnant giraffes . Pregnant humans for that matter. But i agree . These vet visits seem like insurance fraud when the provider uses a higher reimbursement code!

walking around a touching her stomach , I do that to my unpregnant baby here!!

Oh that is the first time i have ever seen her lying down so cute like a big doggie

Then I realized the cam was frozen

How long has the camera been down ??

OK I got one now she is being so still

I hope she did not hurt herself with her thump

she is not acting normal

she looks like she does not really want to move

feedback from folks who have watched a lot pls ??

I haven't. Dang she looks totally miserable.

I agree mother nature enough the poor gal has been in this mode long enough

is there food down there what is she doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members