NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's doing the tail thing again... And it suddenly hit me I'm still staring at giraffe tush. LOL

She's doing the tail thing again... And it suddenly hit me I'm still staring at giraffe tush. LOL

JanetElaine, in the animal kingdom, a hiney in the face is a good thing. It must be love.
A zookeeper is in with April now shoveling poop. I think today may be the birthday with the way April is slowly moving about. JMO

JanetElaine, in the animal kingdom, a hiney in the face is a good thing. It must be love.
A zookeeper is in with April now shoveling poop. I think today may be the birthday with the way April is slowly moving about. JMO

That would be very considerate of April... I have some time to watch, today! (Because it's all about me, lol). We need a WS giraffe emoji!

That would be very considerate of April... I have some time to watch, today! (Because it's all about me, lol). We need a WS giraffe emoji!
attachment.php

I thought it was all bout me. lol

April and Oliver are kissing. Oh how darn cute. These two are so sweet my teeth might fall out.

Attachments

• giraffechew.gif
    giraffechew.gif
    218.9 KB · Views: 156

Oh is that true lol? My dog continually presents her butt to me.

Speaking of butts, or lady parts, April's has looked different to me since yesterday. Kind of engorged, or bulging. I refrained from saying anything because I've *thought* something was happening way too many times now! I'll believe it when I see those little hooves!

Regarding the comments they've gotten that warranted that post last night, I saw one from a lady who came up with an outrageous conspiracy theory (gotta love social media!). AAP responded with something like "we don't know how you came up with that, and we don't want to know". LOL

If April doesn't have this calf soon, her belly's going to be dragging the ground. And for a giraffe that's saying A LOT. :D

Reactions: JDG
Speaking of butts, or lady parts, April's has looked different to me since yesterday. Kind of engorged, or bulging. I refrained from saying anything because I've *thought* something was happening way too many times now! I'll believe it when I see those little hooves!

Regarding the comments they've gotten that warranted that post last night, I saw one from a lady who came up with an outrageous conspiracy theory (gotta love social media!). AAP responded with something like "we don't know how you came up with that, and we don't want to know". LOL
Are these people serious, or are they just making jokes?

I hate to break the news but if April is 15 and Oliver is 5......April is not a giraffe. April is a cougar :happydance:

Are these people serious, or are they just making jokes?

Sadly, I think that lady was serious. I felt bad about chuckling because she sounded mentally ill...it was their response that was funny. They've gotten tons of emails/comments about things like April standing in a sea of poop (it was her hay that's darker than her bedding), she doesn't poop enough, Oliver is not getting enough food because she's stealing it all (shared feeder, and not their main food source), the list goes on and on...

Their SM person has a great sense of humor about it all. Not a job for me, I would go loony trying to straighten people out. They've done the video chats to answer all these questions, but people just keep repeating and repeating...

I don't know who is behind PR and Facebook updates over there, but they are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

I thought it was all bout me. lol

April and Oliver are kissing. Oh how darn cute. These two are so sweet my teeth might fall out.
Ooooh. I just saw them nuzzling a few minutes ago and it was so sweet.

OTOH, maybe April lost a sweetheart necklace Oliver had given her and he was helping her look for it.
April: "I don't know, Oliver. I put it somewhere on my neck." Lol. :heart:

I don't know who is behind PR and Facebook updates over there, but they are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would most likely be Jordan the owner of the park. I know he is the person chatting as "Animal Adventure Park" during the evening live chats on their youtube page, and I do believe he is the one posting the facebook updates. (Not 100% sure on that)

Here's an article he has mentioned during his live chats that tells more about his family story and the health issues his daughter is facing

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...s-baby-faces-fraught-health-journey/85403558/

Oh is that true lol? My dog continually presents her butt to me.

I kind of made that up butt it cannot be all bad with all the hiney sniffing, and I do believe that is how a dogs/cats recognize each other?
Someone please help me here as I don't want to spread false info.

That would most likely be Jordan the owner of the park. I know he is the person chatting as "Animal Adventure Park" during the evening live chats on their youtube page, and I do believe he is the one posting the facebook updates. (Not 100% sure on that)

Here's an article he has mentioned during his live chats that tells more about his family story and the health issues his daughter is facing

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...s-baby-faces-fraught-health-journey/85403558/

My goodness, what a touching story. Sending love to them all!

Attachments

• giraffe3.jpg
    giraffe3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 119
  • download _OP_4_CP__1488394302244_8824445_ver1.0.jpg
    download _OP_4_CP__1488394302244_8824445_ver1.0.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 117
  • download _OP_3_CP__1488394302258_8824446_ver1.0.jpg
    download _OP_3_CP__1488394302258_8824446_ver1.0.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 118
I kind of made that up butt it cannot be all bad with all the hiney sniffing, and I do believe that is how a dogs/cats recognize each other?
Someone please help me here as I don't want to spread false info.

Yes, you are exactly right. Dogs smell each other's hineys when they are getting to know one another. I think cats aren't as particular and just smell the other cat wherever they can. My kitten likes to smash his face in my dog's fur and nuzzle. My dog likes to smell hineys and lick faces (unfortunately, usually in that same order :happydance:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member