NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh-oh! From Animal Adventure Park's FB page:

Live Cam Update:
We are experiencing high winds and signal issues this evening on the hill - the cam is back up and the current link is:
[video=youtube;4uaAmkyCXWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uaAmkyCXWs[/video]

How is your 90yo grandmother doing with all of the waiting? Is she still watching?

How is your 90yo grandmother doing with all of the waiting? Is she still watching?

She's actually doing very well with it, probably more patient than I am! Like someone said days ago (I think it was you!) watching April and Oliver is very peaceful, almost has a therapeutic effect. I'm going to look for a livestream of something else if/when they remove the giraffe cam, I've heard some zoos and aquariums have them continuously, or else we can watch National Geographic type videos. Let me tell ya, home remodeling repeats and Dr. Phil were getting quite stale!

Here's tonight's cuteness from their FB page, April is just a darling!

17098540_924668037636076_3574814297928600409_n.jpg

Reactions: JDG
The Cincinnati Zoo has a baby hippo named Fiona, who was born prematurely on Jan 24. They weren't sure at first if Fiona would make it and she still has a long way to go, but staff are working with her in a pool and bottle feeding her. The zoo has been posting updates. Here is the latest video of her, on Mar 2:

[video=youtube;doMTgFOADqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMTgFOADqo[/video]

Other videos of Fiona here: http://cincinnatizoo.org/blog/2017/01/25/premature-hippo-baby-updates/

The Cincinnati Zoo has a baby hippo named Fiona, who was born prematurely on Jan 24. They weren't sure at first if Fiona would make it and she still has a long way to go, but staff are working with her in a pool and bottle feeding her. The zoo has been posting updates. Here is the latest video of her, on Mar 2:

[video=youtube;doMTgFOADqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMTgFOADqo[/video]

Fiona is just precious! I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but do we have a dedicated thread here on WS for posting animal cuteness, or is it more just a "story by story" basis? I've read numerous times from WSers, things like "This case is really getting to me. I'm going to watch cute kitten/puppy pics BBL" Not a direct quote from anyone.

I think a dedicated thread for this would be amazing! On WS we read so much tragedy, so much anger, so much sadness. Sometimes we understandably need to get away for a few minutes, and having a thread with cute animal pics on WS would be amazing! JMO

Fiona is just precious! I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but do we have a dedicated thread here on WS for posting animal cuteness, or is it more just a "story by story" basis? I've read numerous times from WSers, things like "This case is really getting to me. I'm going to watch cute kitten/puppy pics BBL" Not a direct quote from anyone.

I think a dedicated thread for this would be amazing! On WS we read so much tragedy, so much anger, so much sadness. Sometimes we understandably need to get away for a few minutes, and having a thread with cute animal pics on WS would be amazing! JMO
LOL, usually we post cute animal videos in News That Makes You Smile! But, Miss April has given us opportunity to post other baby animal pics and videos while we're biding our time waiting for her to give birth.

Oh, my. I just happened to think ... what if April is thinking, "I really need to have this calf, but not with all of those people watching me. I need some privacy."

April is laying down but awake and her sweet belly is quite active, must be a baby giraffe gymnast in there.
I thought I had hard kicks to the bladder when I was preggers. LOL

Prediction April will have her precious calf March 12 ... It will be a full moon. April was doing a lot of pacing last evening with a lot of tail up in rhe late afternoon... baby belly was very active. Noticed she is really starting to struggle getting down ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh-oh! From Animal Adventure Park's FB page:

Live Cam Update:
We are experiencing high winds and signal issues this evening on the hill - the cam is back up and the current link is:
[video=youtube;4uaAmkyCXWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uaAmkyCXWs[/video]

APril does not like me . With one exception every time I check her out she has her tushie at me !!

nevermind... someone put up an old birth.... :-( I was duped

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdventurePark/

Part of tonight's update:

To those that question her pregnancy, our motives, and even her care -- April has a message for you - and its about 18" long and purple/blue! Just a fun shot our vet took today while on site!
April continues to progress. Allysa noted some baby kicks were felt this evening during night check. Many viewers have noticed the increased tail raising -- which is due to pressure - from what - we don't know yet!

17191086_925605477542332_1639312853952789558_n.jpg

Very clever retort to all the silly, ignorant comments they've received! April's face looks so soft, I wonder if it is? Petting a giraffe is now on my bucket list!

Way too many folks in this world who are lacking in the 'couth' department. The very mean and nasty could learn a lot from animals, if only they could get
their heads out their a@$es long enough to see the beauty and love animals have to offer and they ask for nothing in return.

April is so adorable and right now she is conversing with her neighbor in the very dark enclosure.

Way too many folks in this world who are lacking in the 'couth' department. The very mean and nasty could learn a lot from animals, if only they could get
their heads out their a@$es long enough to see the beauty and love animals have to offer and they ask for nothing in return.

April is so adorable and right now she is conversing with her neighbor in the very dark enclosure.

What did I miss? Not sure I want to know. Can't imagine why anyone would be mean about a giraffe... but then again, it seems like things happen on a daily basis that I never thought I'd see. All the more reason to enjoy our cute April!! :loveyou:

What did I miss? Not sure I want to know. Can't imagine why anyone would be mean about a giraffe... but then again, it seems like things happen on a daily basis that I never thought I'd see. All the more reason to enjoy our cute April!! :loveyou:

JanetElaine, from the latest update on their Facebook page. Sorry I wasn't more direct. Per post #151LaborOfLobe. :daisy:
ETA:

JanetElaine, from the latest update on their Facebook page. Sorry I wasn't more direct. Per post #151LaborOfLobe. :daisy:
ETA:

Oh, no, I'm sorry, you were perfectly fine! I debated whether to quote your post or LaborOfLobe's, and chose the confusing option. lol

I did see her post, just can't believe people would send hateful messages to the AAP about April (and thank goodness I haven't seen them, unfortunately not having too much online time right now)! I'm completely agreeing with your post, most days I'm just fine seeing a few dogs and cats and no humans! lol

:giggle:

Oh, no, I'm sorry, you were perfectly fine! I debated whether to quote your post or LaborOfLobe's, and chose the confusing option. lol

I did see her post, just can't believe people would send hateful messages to the AAP about April (and thank goodness I haven't seen them, unfortunately not having too much online time right now)! I'm completely agreeing with your post, most days I'm just fine seeing a few dogs and cats and no humans! lol

:giggle:

Thanks, JanetElaine. I did try to edit but was too late.
Folks picking on animals, WHY? Says a lot about that person, in my humble opinion.

Babies, children and animals are off limits. Pick on someone your own size, if you just got to, for crying out loud.

April has been up and down the past hour, with pacing in between. Oh how wish I could be with her for comfort (probably for my own comfort) and company.
Animals in pain really bothers me, so I may not be able to watch April in active labor. I'm weird that way.

April is still laying down. I don't know if Giraffes lay their heads down for sleep or not, I think her eyes are open.
Her neighbor is lying down also but you can see her friend is keeping an eye out for her.
Does anyone know if this particular Giraffe is baby daddy?

April is still laying down. I don't know if Giraffes lay their heads down for sleep or not, I think her eyes are open.
Her neighbor is lying down also but you can see her friend is keeping an eye out for her.
Does anyone know if this particular Giraffe is baby daddy?
That should be Oliver yes.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

The photo of the 2 of them that LoL posted in #135 is so funny. It looks like they have been perfecting their 'duck face.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth