DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
much-giraffe-weigh_c959d8391210f949.jpg

Robin+Moore-Giraffe+Manor,+Nairobi.jpg

279994FC00000578-0-image-a-76_1429112120667.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Whatever will I do with all this time once that baby is born??? Weeks of watching April....and I've gotten zero accomplished! Oh dear... maybe hubby shouldn't have mentioned the baby chicks and turkeys at the local feed store.....

Oh yes! Their food SHOULD be on a table! Excellent idea!! I was just telling April earlier to stop throwing the hay on the floor because she would want it later and it would be too far down to reach it....

And each time she does that throwing the hay...I keep thinking... "Waste not, Want not!".... That looks like quality alfalfa hay!

Maybe I should go put a camera in the chicken coop. I have a hen sitting on eggs that should hatch soon.

Ugh that looks miserable

[video=youtube;wVmBf51BmpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmBf51BmpM[/video]

[video=youtube;BGsEbkA4j0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGsEbkA4j0c[/video]

Oh yes! Their food SHOULD be on a table! Excellent idea!! I was just telling April earlier to stop throwing the hay on the floor because she would want it later and it would be too far down to reach it....

And each time she does that throwing the hay...I keep thinking... "Waste not, Want not!".... That looks like quality alfalfa hay!

Maybe I should go put a camera in the chicken coop. I have a hen sitting on eggs that should hatch soon.
The other day I noticed April toss some hay in the air and she caught some of it as it came down. She really looked happy when she did it, too. Have to keep Momma happy! :loveyou:

by Justin Boggs
7:23 PM, Mar 13, 2017

The zoo said on Monday that April is experiencing "active kicking" from her calf, and there has been a noticeable drop in her stomach.

By Monday evening, zoo officials said, "Ladies and gentlemen - we are close. We are still not confirming active labor, but will state all physical signs are headed in the right direction."

more at ... http://www.wptv.com/news/national/could-april-the-giraffe-give-birth-in-midst-of-blizzard

I think she's about to give birth now!

ETA: Maybe just another false alarm. She's been standing with her tail held out and spread her hind legs. Seemed like she was bearing down but nothing happened. Didn't know whether to PM everyone. Lol

The math/science nerd in me would love to see her give birth on PI Day! :loveyou:

Who else kept waking up last night in a panic after dreaming that she'd had her calf? I thought for sure that last night was baby night.

I am beginning to think they need to let April and Oliver spend more time together. Maybe that would speed things along...:blushing:

Calf has dropped since yesterday IMO

April's been holding her tail away from her rear end. She must be feeling pressure. :crossfingers: today's the day! I think Pi would be a sweet name for her little calf. :moo:

April is beautiful as ever & her room is getting cleaned.
ETA
Does anyone know if Giraffes nest right before delivery?
I know humans and cats do, just not sure bout the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am beginning to think they need to let April and Oliver spend more time together. Maybe that would speed things along...:blushing:
They have been looking at each other nose to nose the last few minutes. I felt so sorry for Oliver yesterday. He was pacing wildly and kept going over to the divide and looking into April's pen. Oliver's lonely. He needs company and IMO April does, too. It's not natural for social animals like giraffes to be alone. :(

BTW
IMO, April will give birth at 3:14 this afternoon. :)

They have been looking at each other nose to nose the last few minutes. I felt so sorry for Oliver yesterday. He was pacing wildly and kept going over to the divide and looking into April's pen. Oliver's lonely. He needs company and IMO April does, too. It's not natural for social animals like giraffes to be alone. :(

BTW
IMO, April will give birth at 3:14 this afternoon. :)

BBM
Another prediction bites the dust. :tantrum:
Indy Anna, I was rooting for your time. :thinking: But wait, there's a 3.14AM in 9 hours. Does that count?

BBM
Another prediction bites the dust. :tantrum:
Indy Anna, I was rooting for your time. :thinking: But wait, there's a 3.14AM in 9 hours. Does that count?
But, it won't be on 3/14. Whenever she gives birth, though, will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aandatruckrepair