Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3/3 Evening Update

It was clear to all watching, the evening keeper check was cut short by April. Her behavior is very off from normal demeanor; this is to be expected. Mammary development photos were not captured, but udders reported as full. It should not be much longer!
We hope to have an official text alert system available for subscription tomorrow. Subscribing will get you a Labor Alert text, but also exclusive texts, info, photo links, and calf updates over the coming months. Much of the content will be exclusive to the text alert community. A portion of the fee will get kicked back to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation for wild conservation of giraffes.
When that is available - we will post on all social media platforms and our websites.
Tune in tomorrow morning to Good Morning America for a live segment from the Giraffe Barn. GMA crews and Toys R Us will be on site for the LAST media interview before we have a calf (if one is not born this evening)!
We wish everyone a good evening (or day)! Keep watching - we are in the home stretch!
Photo Credit: BingPop "Calf's first sight of Dad"

17635362_943481349088078_7791863887117082405_o.jpg

Well, I have obviously been watching giraffes so long that my brain finally turned to complete mush. I thought "Calf's first sight of Dad" was saying it was some calf looking at dad...looking down at dad. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't I have realized what they were really saying is beyond me. Maybe I have sympathetic pregnancy brain.

Jordan said they had to call the vet out this morning because April has made progress overnight.

latest

Well, alas another night with no sleep and no calf. Was hoping the vet would come before I go to sleep, but haven't seen him. There's still people in the barn I think, because they both are acting like it. I loved the "Baby Love" GMA played this morning! All the talk about Putin...not so much! LOL! I kept saying, HURRY UP! Show April! As if I hadn't watched her all night.

Hubby assures me I'll be able to watch as we travel today. I'm not so sure. Then I have a talk to give this evening, and all I will be thinking of is HOW IS APRIL?!?! Maybe I best take some $$ for that cash bar.....might need it!

OT:

ICE picked up two of those men, and they are being held somewhere. Suppose to have an update from our Sheriff today on the investigation.

Jordan said they had to call the vet out this morning because April has made progress overnight.

latest

It took April almost an hour to walk down the side wall nearest the camera
last night. I think I saw several snails pass her. She seemed in deep concentration. Then this morning, it took awhile for her to notice Alyssa was in the stall with FOOD... she wasn't interested in the pellets and it took some encouraging for her to come for the lettuce. She did eat though.

Looks like Jordan and someone is in the stall now. They taking photos or something.

Both men talking with their hands...not sure if they are doing a taping or what they are doing. April doesn't look impressed.

Ok, I really gotta stop watching. Oliver is playing with the door. He keeps opening it. Jordan has lettuce, but April isn't interested. Both men still standing in the stall talking away. And looking up at the balcony, so must be filming.

Is it still too cold for them outdoors? When this darling baby is born I'd love to see it get to run and play!

I can't believe how many hours I have spent watching April. My goodness if I would put this effort into something else I would be productive.

This is where April will go into labor and stand until the baby is born.

April corner.PNG

Poor Jordan got a goat to the groin.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdventurePark/videos/vb.246833958752824/943929192376627/?type=3&theater[/video]

This is where April will go into labor and stand until the baby is born.

View attachment 113974

I agree, April will have her backend away from the camera!

April sure is moving slow this morning and not even chewing her Huba Buba much! I will not say it is time, because everytime I think that it is not. April is such a Faker! lol

A little embarrassing having to explain to the landscaper why I had to rush back inside and let my husband do the rest of the talking and directing but I have come too far to miss this now!

Poor Jordan got a goat to the groin.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdventurePark/videos/vb.246833958752824/943929192376627/?type=3&theater[/video]

From that video..."a calf is IMMINENT" according to Jordan. We'll see! Those twin goats are adorable!

3/31 Morning Update
The staff have been onsite with April all morning, Dr Tim was called and onsite within minutes. All observations, behavior, and predictions suggest a calf today, tonight - we would be shocked to get through the weekend without our newest addition.
This is what we have all been waiting for!
Keep April and our team in your positive thoughts.

Is April waiting for April Fools Day? One minute after midnight sounds like a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles