NY - Gov Spitzer tells staff he's linked to prostitution ring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Drug addiction is also another name for lack of impulse control, but medical experts actually treat it as a disease because thats what works in terms of helping the most people change and find recovery from their harming, harmful behaviors. Sexual addiction is the same. Addiction is addiction is addiction regardless of the "thing" being abused.

SCM,

I respect your opinions but there is a difference between physical dependency and obsession. I think that's what a lot are trying to say.

Also, infidelity is a definite deal breaker for me and I suspect it is for most. Just to put that on the record...lol.

Spitzer and his hooker should be charged. Both engaged in illegal activity.

ES signed into law an extension of time for "johns" from 3 months to a year. He also met with women's groups to hear concerns about prostitution. (Seems he didn't hear too well.)

As for Ashley (Kristen), it appears she has immunity. But, there were other women. This was not a one-time deal. Who else did he meet for encounters? Do they get off the hook? And, yes, other men should be charged, but I think I read one was British. I doubt he would be charged.

The way I understand things, Spitzer could be charged as a "john," for transporting Ashley across state lines for prostitution, for illegal money transfers, and for using state money (if he did so). I think, however, in the end he won't serve time - just our unequal justice system at work.

So, let's get this show on the road. I understand there is an investigation, but LE could start with one charge and add others as the case progresses. If this were a normal situation, I'm thinking the johns would already be in court.

SCM,

I respect your opinions but there is a difference between physical dependency and obsession. I think that's what a lot are trying to say.

Also, infidelity is a definite deal breaker for me and I suspect it is for most. Just to put that on the record...lol.

Spitzer and his hooker should be charged. Both engaged in illegal activity.

Absolutely. Someone can be physically addicted to a substance (chronic pain patients, etc...., etc...) and not be an addict.

Someone can be not physically addicted to a substance (ie - marijuana, tylenol), but be obsessive and compulsive about that substance and find that obsession and compulsion leading to unmanageability in their lives and -guess what? - they're probably an addict.

Addiction is not about physical dependence. Addiction is not about a particular substance or behavior. Addiction is a type of obsessive compulsive disorder. That's all I'm trying to say.

Spitzer and some of the hookers will be charged, I'm sure.

........So, let's get this show on the road. I understand there is an investigation, but LE could start with one charge and add others as the case progresses. If this were a normal situation, I'm thinking the johns would already be in court.

It's hard to say because of the extent of the sting operation. I don't think he hasn't been charged yet because he's ES - I think they want to put together as many charges and many cases as possible that are win-able. Sometimes, that takes time. If the Prosecutors make one mistep or file before they are ready, the cases could fall apart.

It'll be interested to see what happens next week.

, old buddy, old pal....I have Sooooo tried not to respond to your latest revelation. I've tried to keep my hands busy, even picking split ends and twisting my hair in little tiny knots (and it's pretty long, so the mess is a dandy one)....but my fingers can't stay off of the keyboard.
I have to ask...did you get your money's worth?

, old buddy, old pal....I have Sooooo tried not to respond to your latest revelation. I've tried to keep my hands busy, even picking split ends and twisting my hair in little tiny knots (and it's pretty long, so the mess is a dandy one)....but my fingers can't stay off of the keyboard.
I have to ask...did you get your money's worth?

Thanks for breaking the ice! I'm still waiting for pictures, but didn't want to bug him. He's GOT to be totally worn out.

Spitzer and some of the hookers will be charged, I'm sure.

Assuming the hookers can be found.

I would think they would be outta NY by now. NY probably wouldn't go after them; prostitution is a misdemeanor there, if I correctly recall.

Assuming the hookers can be found.

I would think they would be outta NY by now. NY probably wouldn't go after them; prostitution is a misdemeanor there, if I correctly recall.

Is it a misdemeanour everywhere? - or I guess it is the individual State's decision? Yes - it will be harder to "catch" the prostitutes - plus many of them may get immunity for turning evidence.

I really don't know much about prostitution prosecution!

I guess ANOTHER prostitute has come forward...meet "Kristin Davis":

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272008/news/regionalnews/and_there_he_hos_again_103741.htm

snip

Disgraced former Gov. Eliot Spitzer has been identified as a long-standing client of a second high-priced call-girl ring, The Post has learned.
The ex-governor regularly patronized Wicked Models, the Manhattan-based operation taken down Tuesday, according to financial documents and other evidence unearthed in a yearlong prostitution in vestigation, law-enforcement sources said.
PHOTOS: Alleged Madam Kristin Davis
PHOTOS: Hookers Made Famous by Eliot Spitzer

I guess ANOTHER prostitute has come forward...meet "Kristin Davis":

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272008/news/regionalnews/and_there_he_hos_again_103741.htm

snip

Disgraced former Gov. Eliot Spitzer has been identified as a long-standing client of a second high-priced call-girl ring, The Post has learned.
The ex-governor regularly patronized Wicked Models, the Manhattan-based operation taken down Tuesday, according to financial documents and other evidence unearthed in a yearlong prostitution in vestigation, law-enforcement sources said.
PHOTOS: Alleged Madam Kristin Davis
PHOTOS: Hookers Made Famous by Eliot Spitzer

I felt pretty sure there would be others!

I felt pretty sure there would be others!

At some point, it seems that this would all be too much for Mrs Spitzer (imo). I think it would be hard to be intimate again with a spouse after pictures and stories of this nature came out. :(

"But the source close to Davis said more high-profile names are involved. "There are some big people involved in the entertainment industry," the source said, adding that there are "sports superstars" including "a very prominent Yankee," along with Spitzer campaign contributors. "

Talk about 6 degrees of separation.... :sick:

At some point, it seems that this would all be too much for Mrs Spitzer (imo). I think it would be hard to be intimate again with a spouse after pictures and stories of this nature came out. :(

I agree! Ick.

"But the source close to Davis said more high-profile names are involved. "There are some big people involved in the entertainment industry," the source said, adding that there are "sports superstars" including "a very prominent Yankee," along with Spitzer campaign contributors. "

Talk about 6 degrees of separation.... :sick:

I am guessing A-Rod for the Yankee. There are tons of rumors about he and his wife going to strip clubs and swinger parties.

Some names I wouldn't be surprised to hear mentioned: Michael Jordan, P. Diddy, Ron Burkle, Matt Lauer.

I was thinking the old manager, but can't remember his name! lol A-Rod can probably get it free. Heck, I'd...never mind. :D

I am guessing A-Rod for the Yankee. There are tons of rumors about he and his wife going to strip clubs and swinger parties.

Some names I wouldn't be surprised to hear mentioned: Michael Jordan, P. Diddy, Ron Burkle, Matt Lauer.

None of those names surprise me. I hope it all comes out!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back