NY NY - Hazuki Matsushita, 39, & Isse Salazar, 11 mos, Brooklyn, 18 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here ya go: http://hazukimakeup.blogspot.com/
Mostly in Japanese, but some in English as well (e.g., "About Me")

By the way, good to see you here, Gardener!

Thank you! So I google translated the blog post from April 16 and it sounds like she is saying she plans to continue her work but has been focusing on her child. She says has not updated the blog much because she has been lazy and something about the days are slow but time also went by fast. I don't know Japanese but this sounds like a common English saying "the days are long but the years are short" which is really common for parents to feel. Parents will often say how they have long days with their baby but also time is passing fast and they want to treasure the moments. That is my interpretation of what Hazuki is trying to say. She says something about parenting and continuing her favorite work. It sounds like she is just generalizing what every mother feels-the importance of trying to balance work and time with the child. She ends by saying she will try her best. That same day she posts in English that she is offering to do updo bridal hairstyles along with her make-up business, so she was actually expanding her business. I don't read anything into this short blog that indicates her being depressed, but of course it's possible something was lost in translation!

Her post just prior to the April 16, 2016 post is from June 26, 2015 and she talks about getting her Green Card. She waited 15 years to get a Green Card and start the process of becoming a permanent resident/American citizen. In the blog post she talks about how expensive it is and how complicated of a process it seems to be. IMO, if she went through the process to get her Green Card after all these years she really wanted to stay in the US with her new husband and baby. I can't see her leaving the US and going back to Japan after going through that process, unless she was in some danger we don't know about. I have a friend who went through the process to become an American citizen after she married an American and she was not allowed to leave the country for 2 years as part of her Green Card. If she left she may not be allowed back in the US and would lose her Green Card. This is just what my friend told me and I don't have a link to prove it is the case for all Green Card applicants, but if Hazuki was still on her Green Card she would not want to leave and risk not being allowed back in. JMO.

Thank you! So I google translated the blog post from April 16 and it sounds like she is saying she plans to continue her work but has been focusing on her child. She says has not updated the blog much because she has been lazy and something about the days are slow but time also went by fast. I don't know Japanese but this sounds like a common English saying "the days are long but the years are short" which is really common for parents to feel. Parents will often say how they have long days with their baby but also time is passing fast and they want to treasure the moments. That is my interpretation of what Hazuki is trying to say. She says something about parenting and continuing her favorite work. It sounds like she is just generalizing what every mother feels-the importance of trying to balance work and time with the child. She ends by saying she will try her best. That same day she posts in English that she is offering to do updo bridal hairstyles along with her make-up business, so she was actually expanding her business. I don't read anything into this short blog that indicates her being depressed, but of course it's possible something was lost in translation!
I have a Japanese friend for translating. She lives in Germany but I can contact her via fb....if needed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a Japanese friend for translating. She lives in Germany but I can contact her via fb....if needed.

Thanks Lisa!
inmyhumbleopinion, who is posting in this thread is a native Japanese speaker as well.

Thanks Lisa!
inmyhumbleopinion, who is posting in this thread is a native Japanese speaker as well.
Oh that is a big help. Sorry, I must have missed it or forgot.

I keep going back to him throwing the bag of garbage/clothes at her saying her clothes were infested with bugs. I just feel like that doesn't happen very often, and it almost sounds like something someone who was paranoid would say. Unless of course she truly wasn't clean, but still, to get your clothes infested with bugs? It seems odd to me. I hope she has just left the situation, but I think if she would have used her passport that would be known to LE by now :(

I keep going back to him throwing the bag of garbage/clothes at her saying her clothes were infested with bugs. I just feel like that doesn't happen very often, and it almost sounds like something someone who was paranoid would say. Unless of course she truly wasn't clean, but still, to get your clothes infested with bugs? It seems odd to me. I hope she has just left the situation, but I think if she would have used her passport that would be known to LE by now :(

BBM.

Yes it does. Almost like he wasn't seeing everything the way it really is.

Kind of feeling like she has ran away... feeling weird about advertising her disappearance if she has gone to stay safe.

Abusive relationships are difficult to escape from and finding the courage to leave can take a long time. I really hope she ran away. Not even a green card is worth living in fear of your partner on a daily basis. My heart really goes out to her and her baby.

BBM.

Mine too.

But then I don't just want to go with my first thought of run away if something has happened to her. Come on Hazuki, be safe with your baby :heartbeat:

No, why would I have a link for my friend who's situation I am comparing to this woman? I have stated that it is only my opinion, as I'm always careful to do. I'm just giving a scenario based upon a person I know very well who's story strike's me as similar. I do note that I acknowledge the fact that I could very well be wrong and that he could in fact be an abusive husband. That's why I always state "my opinion". Being asked to link to "opinion" is passive aggressive to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I'm not passive aggressive in the slightest - I say exactly what I mean. I misread, and thought you were speaking of Hazuki being a borderline hoarder. I had not seen that, so I was asking for more information. Again, my apologies for misunderstanding what you wrote.

Nothing new in the news today - just a repeat of what has already been said.

If Hazuki and Isse left his mother's house to go *anywhere* and were coat-less, no diaper bag, etc...wouldn't at least ONE person notice that? That seems pretty strange. Akin to seeing someone in a parka in the heat of summer, imho.

There's a thread on another site right now asking for advice. I don't think it's in regards to Hazuki but it's interesting.

The post is asking about The Hague convention because his wife took the child to Japan. It seems that if a Japanese citizen were to flee an abusive relationship & go to Japan (if the child has dual citizenship), Japan won't send them back to America.

I'm not a legal expert but if this is true & Hazuki did flee, that's good, right?

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I'm not passive aggressive in the slightest - I say exactly what I mean. I misread, and thought you were speaking of Hazuki being a borderline hoarder. I had not seen that, so I was asking for more information. Again, my apologies for misunderstanding what you wrote.
And here I was being all butt-hurt because I love your WS handle so much, (Rick fan here). Lol. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There's a thread on another site right now asking for advice. I don't think it's in regards to Hazuki but it's interesting.

The post is asking about The Hague convention because his wife took the child to Japan. It seems that if a Japanese citizen were to flee an abusive relationship & go to Japan (if the child has dual citizenship), Japan won't send them back to America.

I'm not a legal expert but if this is true & Hazuki did flee, that's good, right?

I would say so yes! Do you we have any verified legal experts here to confirm?

I would say so yes! Do you we have any verified legal experts here to confirm?

Not a legal expert, but I am a Japanese national (green card holder for 25+ years), who went through a divorce with an American national this past year. We share custody of two minor children (12 and 14). They only have American citizenship. I looked into the Hague matter prior to traveling with them to Japan this past year after the divorce was finalized; I had no intention of kidnapping them, but I didn't want my ex to worry. Japan is part of the agreement (joined relatively recently, IIRC). I don't have time to link but wil later today when I do. Please feel free to share on the other forum. Thanks.

I have one huge problem with this story: I don't know any woman who after a heated and quite violent argument with her husband would move in with her mother-in-law. Usually it's the last person on Earth you would want to see in such situation. That;s a red flag for me.

Not a legal expert, but I am a Japanese national (green card holder for 25+ years), who went through a divorce with an American national this past year. We share custody of two minor children (12 and 14). They only have American citizenship. I looked into the Hague matter prior to traveling with them to Japan this past year after the divorce was finalized; I had no intention of kidnapping them, but I didn't want my ex to worry. Japan is part of the agreement (joined relatively recently, IIRC). I don't have time to link but wil later today when I do. Please feel free to share on the other forum. Thanks.

Thanks!​ inmyhumbleopinion

I have one huge problem with this story: I don't know any woman who after a heated and quite violent argument with her husband would move in with her mother-in-law. Usually it's the last person on Earth you would want to see in such situation. That;s a red flag for me.

Yes definitely could be a red flag. However... she may not have any family here to turn to? Maybe she became quite close with her mother in law? ...Not likely... based on my relationship with my mother in law... ha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back