Found Safe NY - Iona, 51, & Emily Costello, 14, Greenport, 30 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sounds dire, I regret to conclude.

We'll all hope not though.

This case is so interesting. Yesterday, I felt quite sure that the pair had been murdered in a "hit" related to the will dispute. But today, after reading about the adult children's' victory in the matter of the will, I have an entirely different perspective. Whoever found that is a great sleuther, BTW!

I wonder if the assets in the will were totally dispersed and were "liquid." If so, I bet she's gone to another country and the $$ is safely tucked away where George's children can't get access to it (but she can). Think Swiss bank account or Caymans.

I'm also shocked that Emily was attending a school costing $36k a year. Is that really true? This isn't college; it's what, ninth grade?!? Who sends their kid to a school that expensive unless your filthy rich or aspiring to be? That's just strange, but it may indicate something about Iona's personality. I wonder whether Emily was going to this school before her father died or if it was after the probate was settled and Iona got $$. Is it a boarding school?

I think LE knows lots more than they're letting on. If Iona prepaid her car park for a long duration, that tells me she wanted time to be gone before being noticed. But if Iona cooked up a false will to get George's assets fraudulently, it sounds like she has yet to be charged with a crime. So what would LE do if they feel she skipped out but criminal charges were t pending? My guess is they wouldn't say too much because they can't compromise her privacy under such circumstances.

Anyway, I hope that's what happened. If so, they will be found eventually. If not, their being missing with no phone pings is a very ominous sign. But I don't think it would be a random crime if they were abducted. And knowing where to find two people while they're in the city seeing a show would be too difficult to pin down with too many variables.

I could completely change my opinion again in 5 minutes though! And, it's all JMO.

GGE
Does your friend know which lot it is? I ask this because by far the majority of parking lots in NYC are not self-park. Meaning, you drive in, and the Attendent gives you a stub, he takes your keys and parks your car. They ask upfront for an estimate of how long you are planning on parking (hour, hours, day, overnight or multiple days), and depending on your answer that determines where they park your car. In the case of multiple or unknown number of days, they may advise you to call ahead an hour or so to warn them because they can park your car so far down, and in back of so many others that it takes a fair amount of time to maneuver them all to get yours out.
So, if your friend knows that it is a self-park lot, then he/she must have an idea of which lot it is... If not, my guess is that it is not self-park, and that LE may know a little more about the Costello's time plan.

He does not, he only knows it's on 42nd. So then, my attempt to clarify only leads to more questions. Nothing is simple in this case, even the simplest little thing!

Read today that she had appealed the decision, so assets would prob not be dispersed imo.

I would be wary of any "family sources" talking about ICs character or state of mind if there is a legal battle going on - the sources could be the very people who are trying to contest the will for money and therefore be biased and bitter. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Costello's adult children have argued that the will granting the estate to Iona was improperly executed, according to Novick Law Group.

A Long Island court sided with the adult children last year, and Iona Costello is appealing.

Amanda Hurwitz, one of George's daughters who now lives in Connecticut, refused to comment to Daily Mail Online on the report or her stepmother's disappearance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...battle-late-husband-s-will.html#ixzz3XnRJtL1l

Was the farm included in the husband's estate? Or is it owned by IC? If anyone knows.

I have two things to toss out,

First - a 14 year old sophomore is ahead of most chronological peers.
Emily must be very bright!
Secondly - This whole mystery is awful. The Costellos are reported to be a quiet family. The sensational
reporting has raised suspicion about Iona, her step children, their mothers, and her deceased
husband. Everyone's moral compass is under scrutiny for public consumption. How could Iona and
Emily peacefully return home and return to a regular life? Assuming they are able to......

For whatever reason, this case has me emotionally involved. So much so that I wonder if my sleuthing is really for them or to satisfy my own weird curiosity. I fear the latter may be the case as with all the cases I have followed. :(
Iona and Emily have been living in utter turmoil for many years. I hope that sharing their very personal strife will help locate them to ensure their well being. It's a huge price for them to pay if nothing positive comes from it.

Just for argument's sake - if a family member was involved - how would that person even know that Iona and Emily were in the city that day? Did the adult children have a relationship with Emily? Would they really kill their little sister? To me it just does not seem likely.

Is the detailed yet non identifying document produced by the attorneys for the adult children?
Is the document spun to make the case more sinister than it is? This would be a feather in the cap for the law firm and nice to add to an annual report.

I don't think that any family members are involved - I'm just saying that I've read suggestions that IC may have "has a breakdown" over the stress of the case which I think, if it came from someone who is involved in the court case who would have a vendetta, would be more to paint IC in a certain unstable light as opposed to commenting out of genuine concern. KWIM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

News12 reporting that Iona owns the farm where she lived in Greenport. A neighbor interviewed stated that she would sometimes say hello if you saw her,and other times would not. I don't know if this is 100% accurate information. As a Suffolk county resident,I have seen instances where News12 did not give accurate inf

For whatever reason, this case has me emotionally involved. So much so that I wonder if my sleuthing is really for them or to satisfy my own weird curiosity. I fear the latter may be the case as with all the cases I have followed. :(
Iona and Emily have been living in utter turmoil for many years. I hope that sharing their very personal strife will help locate them to ensure their well being. It's a huge price for them to pay if nothing positive comes from it.
I agree in part. We need to know that the little girl is okay, mom too. Until then, we will do what we do. After that though, I will agree that it is quite none of our business.

<snip> Police said the car has been recovered at the garage, undamaged. It was examined by police and everything appeared normal.

Police believe it was a planned vacation and the Costellos were expected back around April 7, Flateley said. The missing persons report was placed on April 15, he said.

<snip> "We are aware of the fact that there is a will that is contested," Flatley said. "I know it has been in the court system.

"At this point, I don't have any reason to suspect any foul play is involved," he said. "I can't speculate what their reason for being unaccounted for is."

He said there are no solid leads, but the focus is on New York City. The New York Police Department confirmed its cooperation in the investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-daughter-vanish-york-trip/story?id=30426418

BBM

Glass half full

Wouldn't LE know if they left the country? If their passports were scanned?
This is pretty routine stuff. Sheesh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back