Found Safe NY - Iona, 51, & Emily Costello, 14, Greenport, 30 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, that's what I mentioned earlier. If they parked in Times Square in the 40s, they would have access to buses anywhere, but then again it fits their story of museums and the theater. If they wanted the trains, they most likely would have parked around Penn Stations in the 30s.

They could have taken a cab or a car service.

From above:
"The decedent passed away on Dec. 28, 2012, according to the court documents. When he died, he left behind his spouse, an infant daughter and five adult children from other previous marriages. "

An infant daughter in December 2012 would be a toddler now. Where is this child?? That would indicate that the girl who is missing now, Emily, would be a child from a previous marriage.

Also from above:
"In light of this ruling, the document that the decedent's surviving spouse purported to be the last will and testament (dated Nov. 9, 2014) is being deemed by the court as invalid. "

And the will that Iona claimed was his current one when he died in 2012 wasn't even written until 2014, two years after the man died? How is that possible??

This suddenly just got completely muddled IMO!!

In legal terms, an infant refers to a minor, so I would not read too much into it.

I have been obsessing over this case since yesterday, it's the first time I feel the need to comment on a thread.

I know LE said they had luggage, but did they actually mention if the luggage was left in the car, of if they saw them leave with their luggage? If they were going to catch a show, I just don't see them walking around with suitcases, they would have left them in the car or at the hotel. If they left with their luggage, I'm guessing they would have stopped by a hotel to drop them off, but by now the hotel would have come forward if they never came back...

I just hope they are fine :(

Since this involves a minor being missing, and not just her adult mother, it seems LE should have the right to treat this differently than just an adult who is missing, likely of their own choosing.

Has anyone had a look at her recent credit card and phone activity? This new Will information puts an entire new light on things - anyone willing to forge a Will is capable of appearing to disappear, IMHO.

My first thought after reading about the suit that was filed and won - could Iona be facing fraud charges? Could she have faked the additional pages?

Knowing almost nothing about contested wills, wouldn't she still get a majority of her husband's estate as a surviving spouse?

Knowing almost nothing about contested wills, wouldn't she still get a majority of her husband's estate as a surviving spouse?

If he didn't leave a will, it's likely. But he apparently did leave a valid will and it apparently specified leaving large portions to his adult children with a different mother(s).

Anyone know if she's American? Iona is more of a Scottish or Irish name. Either way, maybe she has dual citizenship if she has relatives in England. Her child could, too. With Air BnB nowadays and paying cash, they could have traveled to and stayed anyplace in the world undetected, at least immediately.

March 30 was a Monday, and Mondays are dark for most Broadway theatres, yet they were "seeing shows?" Odd. I also read she told farm staff that they'd be "back Tuesday." No matinees on Tuesdays, so that's some weird timing to drive all the way back to the East End after a show that probably lets out at 10 pm or so. I don't buy it.

If the stepkids had just won, they'd have no reason to harm her or her daughter. Based on legal developments, she must have been going through hell, with more to come. The daughter may not have been aware of the ramifications of her mother's stress, grief, fear and financial straits. I pray that they just fled the country in hopes of starting over.

If she fled, I would imagine a large amount of money was recently withdrawn.

I still can't imagine she left her family and farm without a word.

“The first thing we look for in these types of investigations is telephone calls, emails and credit card use,” Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley told the Daily News.

“We have nothing.”

“We’ve heard different theories from different people,” Flatley added. “It’s all speculation at this point.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/long-island-mom-daughter-missing-new-york-cops-article-1.2189785

Flatley said his department is working with the NYPD.

Re: your statement- "It's Manhattan.. not self- harm, would have found them by now, IMO".

Are there concrete reasons to believe they stayed in and remain in Manhattan?? I'm not quite understanding why they couldn't be almost " anywhere", which is what the family members are saying/ worried about.

IF self-harm was involved (and I don't think there was), I believe that would have occurred in Manhattan and they would have been discovered by now.

I am thinking that they paid up front to have the car there through Tuesday (the 14th) and that's why they didn't have it towed before it was found on the 15th (in fact perhaps it was found because that was when they called police/towing to get it removed and LE realized the plate was a match for hers). I can't imagine such high-dollar real estate as 42nd street parking would be allowed to be tied up for weeks if they weren't expecting it and/or getting paid for it either way. I know someone who was less than 24 hours late getting their vehicle from a NYC parking lot and it was already towed before they even got there.

Respectfully BBM

The car has not been towed. It remains in the garage:

Iona Costello, 51, and her 14-year-old daughter Emily were last seen on March 30 when they took their most recent trip to Manhattan, family said. Costello’s car is still sitting inside a parking garage on West 42nd Street.

http://pix11.com/2015/04/19/police-still-searching-for-mother-daughter-who-vanished-in-nyc/

“The first thing we look for in these types of investigations is telephone calls, emails and credit card use,” Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley told the Daily News.

“We have nothing.”

“We’ve heard different theories from different people,” Flatley added. “It’s all speculation at this point.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/long-island-mom-daughter-missing-new-york-cops-article-1.2189785

Flatley said his department is working with the NYPD.

She must have used her credit card for the parking garage, but re an hotel, not sure what happened there yet.

IF she had an hotel room reserved, she would have had to reserve with a credit card and present the CC at arrival even had she eventually planned to pay by cash.

Makes me think, either they were not going to stay at an hotel or they never arrived there (no charges appearing on her CC).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back