NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police release enhanced photo of Jaliek Rainwalker

Police on Thursday released a picture of missing Greenwich boy Jaliek Rainwalker that was enhanced to show how he would likely look 2-1/2 years after he disappeared.

Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell said a picture of Rainwalker was enhanced by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as part of the ongoing police investigation into the boy's Nov. 1, 2007 disappearance.

Police held a press conference to distribute the photo to the media, and used the opportunity to call on the boy's adopted parents to work with police to figure out what happened to him. He called their actions since shortly after Rainwalker disappeared "bizarre."

"I'm hoping this might spark some interest in the parents to come forward," he said. "It's 2-1/2 years later and they act like this never happened. They need to reach out and be cooperative with law enforcement."

More: http://www.poststar.com/news/local/article_1933cb74-2d33-11df-b5a8-001cc4c03286.html

f62d6004-2d32-11df-84c2-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

New sketch in search for Jaliek

Police have released a sketch depicting what Jaliek Rainwalker would look like today.

The Washington County boy, who was 12 when he disappeared in November 2007, would be 14 now.

[snip]

Jaliek was a troubled child and threatened one of his siblings shortly before he went missing.

Bell said he is still getting tips, but many of them are sightings of "Jaliek-look-alikes," including one boy who consistently prompts calls when he visits Crossgates Mall.

Police searched the woods, fields and wetlands around Greenwich, but Bell said there is still an area along the Batten Kill River outside the village he wants to search, when weather cooperates.

More: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=910564

http://www.cbs6albany.com/articles/human-1272156-remains-ballston.html
Human remains found in Ballston
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
March 22, 2010 5:23 AM
Sera Laganelli

BALLSTON -- Human remains were discovered in the town of Ballston on Sunday.

The Saratoga County Sheriff's Office says that remains were found along a bicycle path between Outlet Road and Connolly Road.

The Sheriff's office did not say how long the remains were there or provide any other details.

They are investigating.

rainwalker_jaliek2.jpg
rainwalker_jaliek_ap.jpg

Jaliek L. Rainwalker

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: November 1, 2007

Missing From: Greenwich, New York

Height: 5'6" -- Weight: 105 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Green

Jaliek is Biracial. He is Black and White. Jaliek was last seen wearing blue jeans, a yellow fleece pull-over and black tennis shoes. He has a slight speech impediment. Jaliek pronounces the letter "r" like a "w."

Jaliek was last seen on November 1, 2007 with his adoptive father, Stephen Kerr. He disappeared that night, and has never been seen again. Stephen woke up the following morning at 7:30 and found a note Jaliek left. It said, "“Everybody, I’m sorry for everything. I won’t be a bother to you anymore. Goodbye, Jaliek”. Stephen reported Jaliek missing at 8:57 am.

An extensive search of the area turned up no clues as to Jaliek's whereabouts. Within a few days, authorities said it was possible he met with foul play. Stephen has refused to take a polygraph. In January 2008, police named him a person of interest in Jaliek's case. Foul play is suspected.

NCMEC

Charley Project

AMW

Find Jaliek

Missing person cases brought back to the public eye

A national tour made a stop in Johnstown Monday, trying to make sure unsolved cases do not fade from the public's radar.

[snip]

Another unresolved case brought to the forefront Monday, 12 year old Jaliek Rainwalker, the Washington County boy who went missing in November of 2007.

"There's a need for all of these cases, but Jaliek has touched a lot of hearts," says Kim Peters, who has helped search for Jaliek in the past. "He's just a child who has disappeared off the face of the earth. That doesn't just happen."

More: http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=13031196

Fruitless search for remains of Jaliek Rainwalker

State Police divers explored a treacherous section of the Batten Kill on Thursday to search for the remains of Jaliek Rainwalker, the boy who disappeared in November 2007 from Greenwich. By late afternoon, it was apparent their efforts had been fruitless. State Police Public Information Officer Maureen Tuffey said the divers did not find anything at the site other than some old metal.

More: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Fruitless-search-for-remains-of-Jaliek-Rainwalker-642174.php

Just discovered this case and am now wondering where in the world Jaliek is. Why does the search keep focusing on the same area (Battenkill), year after year?

Jaliek's information was to be on Nancy Grace's America's Missing last night. Here is a piece from the local news.

"ALBANY--Dennis Smith makes his plea with the New York State Missing Persons Memorial as his backdrop.

"We're continuing to hope there's a break and maybe somebody's seen something. We want everyone to know we still care deeply about our grandson," explains Smith, Jaliek's grandfather by adoption."

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S1962277.shtml?cat=300

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Jaliek and pray that he is found. One day there will be answers ...

Search for missing Greenwich boy unsuccessful

http://poststar.com/news/local/d66b73a2-80a9-11e0-9a84-001cc4c03286.html

Cambridge-Greenwich Police and state forest rangers worked with search dogs that specialize in finding human remains to search an area in the Goodnow Flow where Rainwalker's adopted father, Stephen Kerr, was known to hike and camp. A friend of Kerr's has a camp in the area, police said.

The dogs did not locate any potential clues or remains, as the search was hindered by snow that remained in parts of the area, Bell said.

Despite the fact Jaliek disappeared more than three years ago, the dogs' handlers believe they would be able to find human remains had there been any in the area, Bell said.

This boy really captured my heart. I am bumping because it's been almost four years since he went missing. Someone knows something. The Kerrs know something. I'm pretty sure he is no longer with us, but he needs to come home.

I feel so sad for Jaliek who from the get go was just described as a "troubled boy" in the media. I'm sure he had a lot of other qualities.

When I hear of adoptive parents who are trying to undo the adoption my blood boils. You don't do that to a child. He was just a child... probably starting to act out even more when he heard the news.

Hope that he one day is found and that someone will pay for what they put him through.

I watched the show about Jaliek last night. Boy am I appalled at the adoptive parents' attitudes and behavior! It seems like the grandma (mother's mom) is searching for Jaliek, but his adoptive parents aren't? The grandma also said they adopted special needs kids for the money. The show also indicated that the grandma went to the family's former house and found a pile of Jaliek's clothes which included the yellow fleece sweatshirt that the dad said he was last wearing. How heartbreaking. To me it looks like the dad has the mom brainwashed and under his control. The dad has to have been involved in the disappearance. Especially since they tried to get the adoption undone and indicated Jaliek couldn't come back to the house after the argument. Sad, pathetic parents. Didn't they have to go through a screening or something to be sure the placement was ok? Sheesh. Where are you Jaliek? Poor kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back