NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[The father's lawyer]McMorris said the interview would take place in the near future, but he said he found it “cruel” for the police to conclude the case is a homicide, with no evidence to that effect.

He said he hadn’t spoken to his clients about the situation, but said they believe Jaliek ran away and will come home someday.

“My reaction is, I’m dismayed they would do this,” McMorris said. “I would have the opinion that, until he is found, the parents are the only ones who have the standing to make that call.”

Kerr was labeled a “person of interest” after police revealed they had found a number of inaccuracies and inconsistencies in his version of events.
http://poststar.com/news/local/poli...cle_a9beab30-4542-11e2-9509-001a4bcf887a.html

Well that would sound awfully convenient... if persons of interest were the only people who had the standing to decide if it's a homicide investigation or not.

MOO.

i was hoping to find some news about jaliek...another year has gone by and no charges.
this is what i've found when i google his name:

CAMBRIDGE - Probable Child Homicide--that's how police are now classifying the investigation into the disappearance of 12-year old Jaliek Rainwalker. The boy was reported missing five years ago from Greenwich and Police say they no longer believe in the possibility that he just ran away, they say they are convinced foul play was involved

"It's a hard day, it's a sad day, we have always held out hope that Jaliek is alive and would be coming home to his family," says Dennis Smith, Jaliek's adoptive Grandfather. "This is really hard, we want closure, we need closure, it's been 5 years and it's another holiday season and it makes it really hard," adds Barbra Reeley, Jaliek's adoptive grandmother.

more at link:

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/top-...ide-no-longer-missing-persons-case-4853.shtml

fingers crossed that the case will be resolved somehow, at least his grandparents will be able to say goodbye because at this point, and as sad as it is, i don't think many people expect to find this young boy alive.

Police investigating Facebook page claiming to be by Jaliek Rainwalker
1/3/2013

Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell said, "I think, whoever it is, whatever their intentions are, whether it's to throw us off, or to upset the family, I don't know, but I'd like to find out who is behind it."

Chief Bell said he's working with State Police to see if there's any credibility to the page. The page says Jaliek is living in Pennsylvania, but there's no other info on the page other than a picture.

Bell said he's found no reason to believe it was actually Jaliek who created the page.

He said, "I believe Jaliek is the victim of a child homicide, at this point, there's not any bearing to this Facebook page."

Just last month, Chief Bell called the case a probable homicide. Police said they found the jacket they believe he was wearing when he was last seen.

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/626865/police-investigating-facebook-page-claiming-to-be-by-jaliek-rainwalker/

This article also has links to a whole list of previous news articles about his case...

Having grown up in Cambridge, NY this case has always stuck with me, I check for updates a couple times a year. I now live 1/2 an hour away, though my parents are still there and I am there most weekends in the summer to swim and kayak in the Battenkill. This police force is so small, and I have always been impressed at how committed they are to find justice for Jaliek. I truly believe they will never stop looking for him. Unlike so many other missing children's cases there is search activity on this one almost every year. My sincerest thanks to local LE for not giving up on this boy.

This case is very much like Aundria M Bowman's case. Both Jaliek Rainwalker and Aundria went missing from the care of adopted parents, both have adopted parents who are not cooperating with LE. One difference is Aundria's adopted father was a criminal. Does Kerr man's criminal background? Anyone know?

Jaliek Rainwalker case is very much like Aundria M Bowman's case. Both Jaliek Rainwalker and Aundria went missing from the care of adopted parents, both have adopted parents who are not cooperating with LE. One difference is Aundria's adopted father had a criminal history prior to adopting her. Does anyone know if Kerr has a criminal record?

Jaliek Rainwalker case is very much like Aundria M Bowman's case. Both Jaliek Rainwalker and Aundria went missing from the care of adopted parents, both have adopted parents who are not cooperating with LE. One difference is Aundria's adopted father had a criminal history prior to adopting her. Does anyone know if Kerr has a criminal record?

I do not know if Kerr has a criminal history, I don't remember hearing anything about one... I do know that Jaliek's adoptive grandparents feel that Kerr did something to harm Jaliek....

I do not know if Kerr has a criminal history, I don't remember hearing anything about one... I do know that Jaliek's adoptive grandparents feel that Kerr did something to harm Jaliek....

Could be the grandparents know something about Kerr's history that give them reason to believe him capable of hurting a child. I saw the interview his wife's mother gave and she seemed adamant that Jaliek didn't run away. She even went and searched the house Kerr and his wife moved from after Jaliek disappeared. Are the parents still getting money for Jaliek's care? Did the father ever submit to a polygraph? Gonna look around and see what I can find. Jaliek deserves to be found and soon. :yellow::prayer:

Could be the grandparents know something about Kerr's history that give them reason to believe him capable of hurting a child. I saw the interview his wife's mother gave and she seemed adamant that Jaliek didn't run away. She even went and searched the house Kerr and his wife moved from after Jaliek disappeared. Are the parents still getting money for Jaliek's care? Did the father ever submit to a polygraph? Gonna look around and see what I can find. Jaliek deserves to be found and soon. :yellow::prayer:

sniped from: http://www.findjaliek.org/background.htm

Family Naked Time

About five years ago, before Kerr and McDonald were foster parents to Jaliek, three experienced foster parents heard Stephen Kerr state (and Jocelyn’s mother confirmed) that in their home, the family practiced “running around naked time” also known as “Nakey-time”.

Unusual Consequences

In their outhouses at the home where Jaliek lived, the toilet paper was kept in a container with a lid. Jaliek was repeatedly reminded by his adopted mother, Jocelyn McDonald that he had to put the top back on the container. One time after a series of ignored reminders, Jaliek’s mother banned him from using the outhouses for several days. Jaliek's only option for the period of time he couldn't use the outhouse was to either use the woods & brush around the house or try and wait until they went on errands so he could use commercial restrooms.
The Child Abuse Hotline

In a TV interview, Jocelyn was responding to a question about their being “Hot-lined” several years ago when they lived in another residence. This means that a report was made to the NYS Child Abuse Hotline. According to Stephen, the report was made by the social worker supervising their adoptive placement. Jocelyn stated that Child Protective Services came to their home and found no locks on any of the bedroom doors. Both Jaliek and Jocelyn told (Jaliek’s former foster parents) that Jaliek was locked in his room at night. They saw the locks on the doors when they visited Jaliek. Jaliek’s grandmother also confirmed that the locks were there and used.

Jaliek’s lockable room also had no heat, so the small, portable heater was removed from the room if Jaliek was angry at the time he was locked in.

The Dunking

Three and a half years ago, Jaliek was doing an annoying behavior, tapping his fingers incessantly on a table without stopping. Stephen asked Jaliek to stop and when he continued, Stephen dragged Jaliek by the scruff of his neck out of the house and dunked him underwater in the stream behind their house. Jocelyn and the children screamed for him to stop. When Jaliek came up out of the water, gasping for breath, he shouted, "I'm going to tell my therapist about this." Jocelyn made Stephen write a letter of apology to Jaliek and do Jaliek's chores for a month. Jaliek never told his therapist.

Jocelyn removes Stephen from their home in May 2007

In May 2007 Jocelyn had Stephen leave their home for over a month because he had become increasingly violent with the children, especially Jaliek.

The Money

Stephen and Jocelyn were receiving monthly adoption subsidy checks of over $3,000.00, tax-free for Jaliek and their adopted daughter. The money was provided to them for the care and medical and psychological care of the children.

Despite the fact that his adoptive parents described Jaliek as mentally ill, homicidal and suicidal, neither he, nor his adopted sister were on meds or had received any counseling in approximately a year. If Jaliek’s behavior was so bad, so dangerous and so uncontrollable, why did they keep him so long? However, both Stephen and Jocelyn are on medications and in therapy.

Sniped from articles posted on previous page...

from 10/23/12:
Chief Bell says Kerr has shown no interest in helping police find Jaliek

from 11/1/12:
Police have said cellphone records show Kerr lied about his whereabouts the night he drove Jaliek from Altamont to Greenwich. Kerr refused to submit to a lie detector test and stopped cooperating with police.

Kerr and McDonald moved to West Rupert, Vt., four months after Jaliek disappeared. They do not speak with investigators or with Reeley or the boy's grandfather, Dennis Smith, of Wynantskill.

This article mentions that someone who had loyalty in the past might be in different circumstances now.

My thought is that one of the family's minor children has now turned 18 and is now free to come forward.

Such a painful story. It sounds like Jaliek had reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and the family had no skills to parent him. I don't understand why he wasn't in counseling if he was violent and suicidal.

This article mentions that someone who had loyalty in the past might be in different circumstances now.

My thought is that one of the family's minor children has now turned 18 and is now free to come forward.

Such a painful story. It sounds like Jaliek had reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and the family had no skills to parent him. I don't understand why he wasn't in counseling if he was violent and suicidal.

I don't understand why he wasn't in counseling either. Both of the adoptive "parents" were. I especially don't understand why the judge didn't mandate them to take him to counseling when they tried to un-do the adoption???

:bump: for Jaliek. :beats:

rainwalker_jaliek5.jpg

Kerr and McDonald stated Jaliek was both suicidal and homicidal at the time of his disappearance, but he was not taking any psychiatric drugs for his mental conditions and he hadn't been receiving psychotherapy either. On October 23, 2007, a little over a week prior to Jaliek's disappearance, Kerr called a crisis hotline and said Jaliek was unmanageable, he had threatened a small child in his homeschool group, McDonald was afraid of him and no longer wanted him in her home, and his parents wanted to reverse the adoption. The crisis worker said it was not possible to reverse the adoption and suggested respite care be tried instead. Jaliek was sent to the home of Elaine and Tom Person, licensed foster parents who had provided respite care for him in the past. They kept him until November 1, then gave him back to Kerr, who planned to send him to another respite home the next day. That was the day Jaliek was reported missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rainwalker_jaliek.html

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/DA-wants-to-see-murder-charge-in-Jaliek/kBT1TjGB4EmUki1BDXZazA.cspx

DA wants to see murder charge in Jaliek Rainwalker case

This announcement made by Kortright comes upon the six-year anniversary of the 12-year-old boy's disappearance in Greenwich, which is this Friday. After seven years, it would officially determine that Jaliek is not alive, even though a body was never found.

Jaliek's adoptive father, Stephen Kerr, has remained the sole person of interest in this case; which last year was changed from a disappearance to a homicide investigation.

Came across Jaliek's case a few days ago on another website while searching for information on a missing person from New York that was featured on an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries. I am never one to point fingers without concrete evidence, but Kerr is so sketchy. They should feature this case on a show like "Cold Justice." Those ladies would probably work well with the police forces up there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back