NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sadly, I'm afraid this wasn't much more than a desperate political stunt by Washington County DA, Kevin Kortright. Kortright lost the Republican nomination, then failed to submit a valid nominating petition to run as an independent, and ultimately opted to switch parties and run as the Democratic candidate. He was unsuccessful in his bid as Republican candidate, Tony Jordan, received almost 2/3 of the vote.

Local newscast about Jaliek aired today. The police force stated that they have followed all leads that have come in through the last year and none have panned out. They have more searched planned for this fall, and that he will be having conversations with the new county DA soon. Jaliek's adoptive father is still the primary person of interest in this case.

i hope that this child finds justice, it has been too long and i agree, stepfather has a lot of answering to do

Eight years later, Jaliek Rainwalker's disappearance still a mystery

http://poststar.com/news/local/eight-years-later-jaliek-rainwalker-s-disappearance-still-a-mystery/article_90047190-3cdc-5bab-a566-2b4a0d27d7f4.html

It was eight years ago this weekend that Jaliek Rainwalker disappeared from a family home in Greenwich. And despite thousands of hours of police investigation into hundreds of leads, answers about what happened to the boy remain elusive.

Cambridge-Greenwich Police Chief George Bell said he has been working with newly assigned investigators from the State Police Major Crimes Unit. National organizations Team Adam and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children continue to help as well. Numerous officers who were involved at the beginning have since retired, he said.

But as the eighth anniversary of the then-12-year-old’s disappearance approaches, Bell acknowledged there have been few developments with the case in recent months, although investigators are still hoping for a break. Several “psychics” have reached out to police with tips in recent months, but none have led to anything. A relative of Rainwalker’s was interviewed recently, also to no avail.

Nine years later, police try to figure next move in search for Jaliek

http://poststar.com/news/local/nine-years-later-police-try-to-figure-next-move-in/article_8da6536c-6fb4-54f7-9e85-95d87a1c1650.html

One of the most involved missing person's cases in the region's history started with a phone call to police nine years ago Wednesday. A Greenwich man reported his 12-year-old foster son was not in his Hill Street home.

Nine years later, police are no closer to figuring out what happened to Jaliek Rainwalker. His adoptive parents concluded he ran away, but other relatives and police officers believe he has been dead since the night of Nov. 1, 2007 or early the following morning.

McDonald's mother, Barbara Reeley of Troy, has agreed with the police opinion about Rainwalker's disappearance and the likelihood he is still alive.

She said Tuesday she is hopeful there will not be a 10-year anniversary of her grandson's disappearance, but the case will be solved before then.

Reeley posted a lengthy dissection of the situation Tuesday on a Facebook page set up for Rainwalker, which disclosed new information about Kerr's actions in the hours after the boy was reported missing.

She wrote that Kerr went to a birthday party for his boss that day, as others — including Reeley — searched for Rainwalker and made up "missing" posters.

Here is the link to Jaliek's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Jaliek-Rainwalker-149216048512004/?fref=ts The post I was referring to was posted on 11/1/16 at 10:23am

Jaliek Rainwalker November 1 at 10:23am ·

Nine Years . . . Nine years ago today Jaliek was last seen by the waitress and manager at Red Robin Restaurant in Latham, New York. Just after 8 p.m. Jaliek and Stephen Kerr left Red Robin in Stephen's parents gold van. Twelve hours later my daughter, Jocelyn McDonald, called me saying Jaliek had run away in the night and she wanted me to drive to Greenwich. A hurried drive (45 miles) to Stephen's parents house at 11 Hill Street, Greenwich, New York found Stephen, Jocelyn and Robin (Jocelyn's oldest son and my dear grandson) in the family room of the house. Robin had just showered, Jocelyn was heading into the shower and Stephen was talking rapidly about finding a note, the hamburger he'd eaten at Red Robin the night before, that he'd (Stephen) gotten up early and looked in and seen what he thought was Jaliek in bed and then he'd (Stephen) gone to shower and have breakfast. Stephen was rambling and talking faster and faster about the respite home and other foster children and then returned to talk about his meal the night before. I asked questions about whether they'd reported Jaliek missing to the police and whether they'd gone to neighborhood houses, searched the streets, whether the house and garage and van had been thoroughly searched, how Jaliek could have left the house ~ through which door, whether any clothing and jacket was gone. The answers were that there was only one way Jaliek could have left the house ~ through the back door into the garage and out the automatic door of the garage. I asked about the noise of the garage opening and that there were extremely close neighbors that may have heard something but the response was they didn't want to bother the neighbors with questions. The front door was locked from the inside with a key that was still in the hall cupboard. There was no missing jacket or clothing that they remembered being in the house. They hadn't gone to any neighbors or searched the streets and they hadn't searched the house except the bedroom Jaliek had supposedly slept in the previous night. There was no overwhelming sense of urgency or danger for Jaliek. Indeed Jocelyn was concerned because Bevin and Kianan were in the homeschool and she needed to get them and take Robin to his doctor appointment. Stephen said he had an office birthday party to go to. After a half hour Stephen and Jocelyn decided we all needed to go to their house on Raven Way and then she would get Bevin and Kianan (Rowan was in Romania with Stephen's parents) and go to the doctor's office. We drove (Jocelyn and Robin in one car, Stephen in a second car and I drove my car) to Raven's Way. When I walked into their house Jocelyn was on her cell phone calling the homeschool family and Stephen started circling around me asking if I wanted breakfast and listing all the things he could cook for me. He was speaking rapidly and walking in circles. Once Jocelyn finished her phone call she got Robin into his coat and said she was going to pick up the other children and then go to the doctor's appointment. Stephen said he was going to Phantom Lab to his boss's birthday party. I was stunned and said I'd drive around and look for Jaliek ~ which is how I spent November 2, 2007. Nine years ago today was the last time anyone other than Stephen Kerr saw Jaliek. This tragedy began nine years ago. Nine years of searching and investigating and still no definitive answer. Jaliek was a wonderful and loving child and deserves, as all children do, to be cared for and kept safe. I feel we are in a holding pattern but one day the final piece will be found and we'll know what happened to Jaliek and there will be justice. Our search for Jaliek will go on until there are answers. We love you Jaliek, we miss you. Love, Granny & Faber

I find it curious that the grandmother would sell out her own daughter and speak negatively of her with her speculations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back